HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:19 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery View Post
About 7 minutes and 30 seconds for Mode 1, and 11 minutes for Mode 2.
Actually, it was 3 to 4 hours for the mode 2.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:27 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery View Post
Take your module out of your 9X, put it in the 9XR, as an upgrade, and donate it to me!

Or sell it...

Ill give ya $30 for the module less 9X,
Well, I needed frsky range sometime anyway so this was a good time to upgrade. I'm going to sell the old 9x with module and four receivers.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:28 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Actually, it was 3 to 4 hours for the mode 2.
Ok, so that's quite a bit more time!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
I was ready to order, but without a module that uses the in-built antenna, I'm not interested. I'll wait for that version. I thought I remember reading repeadedly about the built in DSM2/X capability. Was I mistaken? I just got home from work and see it's already gone. You can backorder, but with no module? I don't want that ugly orange module with an antenna sticking out the back for the radio to rest on.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:39 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
Well, I needed frsky range sometime anyway so this was a good time to upgrade. I'm going to sell the old 9x with module and four receivers.
Only 4? I had amassed 12 (4 the antenna fell off) in the 6 months before I plugged the battery in the wrong way.
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:04 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I was ready to order, but without a module that uses the in-built antenna, I'm not interested. I'll wait for that version. I thought I remember reading repeadedly about the built in DSM2/X capability. Was I mistaken? I just got home from work and see it's already gone. You can backorder, but with no module? I don't want that ugly orange module with an antenna sticking out the back for the radio to rest on.
Agreed. Im going to wait for the 9XR modules that can use the handle antenna as those external antennas can break easily. Was disappointed the new Turnigy DSM2/X module is not yet ready. Look forward to the test reviews on those getting Batch #1
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:09 PM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
I fly WL toys stuff (v911, v949, v929) and Blade helis (MCPx and 130x). I plan on opening mine up when I get and see if I can install a Fly-Sky module internally and then using the back for the DSM2/DSMX module utilizing the built in antenna. Then I'll use the Futaba port for AnyLink.

I'm thinking they won't make a FlySky module for it that uses the built in antenna.

All I know is that I don't want a module with an antenna on the back. I won't be able to set it down on the table with out putting pressure on the back of the module. I've had before and it's like a chair with one short leg.

Another thing is swapping modules all the time can't be good. I'd be worried about a the pins making a poor connection over time and eventually having intermittent problems while flying.

In my opinion the 9xr is going to require modding just like the 9X did.
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:11 PM
Goneflying
Joined Jun 2010
145 Posts
Im still trying to figure out if i got in on time. Under warehouse status ive got 2 green checkmarks. Anyone else got a 3rd or a 4th checkmark
Masterofbizaster is offline Find More Posts by Masterofbizaster
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:11 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Agreed. Im going to wait for the 9XR modules that can use the handle antenna as those external antennas can break easily. Was disappointed the new Turnigy DSM2/X module is not yet ready. Look forward to the test reviews on those getting Batch #1
Maybe they are instead going to release it under the orange rx brand rather than turnigy. That way they would have a module for futaba, original 9X/JR, and new 9XR.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflydreamer View Post
Im still trying to figure out if i got in on time. Under warehouse status ive got 2 green checkmarks. Anyone else got a 3rd or a 4th checkmark
Even 1 checkmark means you're in. 2 checkmarks means you're in the print queue, waiting for your ticket to be printed and filled at the warehouse.

I'm hoping that the limit 1, no other items on order thing means they've got them boxed up, ready to go out first thing. And that my cheap shipping accidentally gets upgraded to air express!
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,515 Posts
For those wondering what battery to get, this looks like the one thats needed based on the pic on the turnigy9xr site:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8932

but I cant guarantee it will fit and the connector will probably need changing to JST. Anyone find a better battery choice?
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:45 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflydreamer View Post
It usually takes 2-5 days for it to get the other two check marks. So don't hold your breath. When it leaves the warehouse ("ships") it may go pretty quickly to the actual shipper, but there can be several more days before it leaves China. Only then does tracking usually pick it up. So don't be surprised if there is a gap of a couple of weeks. All this assumes you are using mail of one sort or another. The more expensive options are quicker.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:52 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
For those wondering what battery to get, this looks like the one thats needed based on the pic on the turnigy9xr site:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8932

but I cant guarantee it will fit and the connector will probably need changing to JST. Anyone find a better battery choice?
That's a battery designed for heavy loads driving a motor. I would expect that the real 9XR battery would be more like this, designed for TX use:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utaba_JR_.html

With the appropriate JST connector, of course. But maybe they'll just go the cheap way with a regular LiPo.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:19 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
That's a battery designed for heavy loads driving a motor. I would expect that the real 9XR battery would be more like this, designed for TX use:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utaba_JR_.html

With the appropriate JST connector, of course. But maybe they'll just go the cheap way with a regular LiPo.
Isn't using any lipo for a transmitter a bad idea?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
How much?
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery