Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
I bought one when there was 16 left, paid for it (order went through 100% and said paid in account) Went back and it showed 5 in stock on page. However, it shows backorder now in my account, even though it still said 5 in stock AFTER my order was placed and paid for 100%. (no it wasnt a browser cache issue) HK, is such a slimey company.

On another note, how many of you still want argue that is not just a re-fried 9X?
Stock doesn't go down and it's not assigned to your account until it's paid and hobbyking receive payment confirmation from PayPal. Otherwise it would allow people to reserve items but never pay for them, creating an admin headache. It would be nice if they reserved items for 10minutes until payment is processed. Unfortunately as well PayPal can be a bit slow and sometimes completely fail to send confirmation.

If it's any constellation, I have two on order here!

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
Hmmm... strange...
At 19:00:17 GMT - 2:59:47AM HK time - I bought one for a friend, counter was 20 before starting order. Everything was OK, paid, order passed.
Later, at 19:06 GMT counter was 12.
It seems to be OK atm, order received, in print queue.
Was close to your experience...
Oh well, They will probably re-stock fast on this item. I dont need it, dont even really want it, but for $50....., it will make a nice dev radio as I sold off all the 9X's I had. However, its one more reason why I very rarely order from HK any more.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
RC is healthy for your brains!
Italy, Lombardy, Milan
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Hi everyone! This 9xr was really a rush. Speaking of which, why don't you suggest to me which module to add, too? I would be very interested to use telemetry and always got impressed about FrSky, but I could really do with your suggestions.
Which modules are actually using the internal SMA connector? And how can it be possible to use Long Distance, like 433 MHz, with such a short integrated antenna anyway?
Thanks!
.Superfly. is offline Find More Posts by .Superfly.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:54 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
940 Posts
Actually I completely understand why Mr Hand released it today. I've been tracking item sales on hobbyking for a little while and noticed the last weeks it's really slowed down.

So with the transmitter released today, it'll give his product packers something to do and not sit idle - i.e. not making him money! He is a very smart chap.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Apr 2002
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post

Upgrades:
Full Ball Bearing gimbals
128 x 64 backlit Liquid Crystal Display
Built in JR & Futaba Trainer Ports
9XR Firmware Pre-loaded
AVR ISP Interface
Internal 2.4GHz Antenna

Well worth it in my opinion. Bought one to try out.
I agree...the 9XR is well worth a try...looks like a much better value that the DX8 and will surpass my Futaba 9C for sailplane programing.

Let's see how this turns out.

:harry
harrye is offline Find More Posts by harrye
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Superfly. View Post
Hi everyone! This 9xr was really a rush. Speaking of which, why don't you suggest to me which module to add, too? I would be very interested to use telemetry and always got impressed about FrSky, but I could really do with your suggestions.
Which modules are actually using the internal SMA connector? And how can it be possible to use Long Distance, like 433 MHz, with such a short integrated antenna anyway?
Thanks!
You wont be able to use the integrated antenna on ANY module other than the DSM2/X module that was designed for it, which hasnt been released yet. So its up to you!!!!
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
You wont be able to use the integrated antenna on ANY module other than the DSM2/X module that was designed for it, which hasnt been released yet. So its up to you!!!!
YO BUD!!! who says you cannot have BOTH!!! HAHAHAHAHa
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,175 Posts
Will this radio replace Any Link ?
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrye View Post
I agree...the 9XR is well worth a try...looks like a much better value that the DX8 and will surpass my Futaba 9C for sailplane programing.

Let's see how this turns out.

:harry
I hope you post your experiences with the sailplane programming. It's an area I know little about, but I understand that it demands a lot of flexibility from the radio for switching configurations as you hunt for themals, etc.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:07 PM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Actually I completely understand why Mr Hand released it today. I've been tracking item sales on hobbyking for a little while and noticed the last weeks it's really slowed down.

So with the transmitter released today, it'll give his product packers something to do and not sit idle - i.e. not making him money! He is a very smart chap.

Si.
Yea right!, They still haven't sent my orders placed on the 15th., I'm sure they have plenty to do. Anyhow, I didn't make the rush but I have 2 on BO. I also ordered a case and one of their new multimeters (On a separate order). I'm glad they will only let you order 1 at a time, This will slow down the jerks that just want to re-sell them on ReBay.
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorp View Post
Now let's see when the first ones pop up on eBay.
yeah like Hostess Twinkies!!! Boo yah
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:15 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Now the question is frsky or wait for a DSMX module.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
Now the question is frsky or wait for a DSMX module.
Why wait?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:33 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
4,995 Posts
Yay got one

Dont need it though. Have 3 9x w er9x. And a Jeti on the way.

I really like the integrated usb though.

Ordered a pile o frsky items too
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:42 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tignmeg View Post
Is that module actually DSMX if used with a DSMX receiver? Or would the receiver operate in DSM2 "mode" if that is possible. I don't know too much about how these different 2.4ghz technologies work. I need somewhat long range for simple fpv (2km), so frsky might be the best in this aspect.

How does DSMX compare with frsky in range?
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby