HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:11 AM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahuna View Post
No modules included!

It looks like you have to buy the orange module to get DSM. No Fly-Sky either. Pretty useless with any modules.
OrangeLRS or Frsky module will do the trick for me. So not that useless.
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:12 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
No modules included!

It looks like you have to buy the orange module to get DSM. No Fly-Sky either. Pretty useless with any modules.
I'm not that surprised it doesn't include the module for $50.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:14 AM
Australia, VIC, Carrum Downs
Joined Oct 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderLover View Post
taken mine

mode1 is out already, i took a mode2 hoping it can be reversed as usual, otherwise i have a nice shining brick
It says in the info your able to change modes between 1-2-3-4, so you should have no problem changing the springs around.

Quote:
No modules included!

Multiple people said the FrySky will fit, or any JR based module, so shouldn't have to much problem getting something you like.

-
They could have added more info with the listing, like what Battery size will fit, what kind of connector needed for battery.
Also should have released a line of 9xR modules that use the internal antenna, because right now it seems pointless. Kind of half a radio?
mdem is offline Find More Posts by mdem
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:15 AM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Bought!
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Ecreative, thanks for the effort on the stock checker. It doesn't seem to have worked though.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:18 AM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
What's worse is that they don't have any modules available/for sale that use the internal antenna.

They only have they have is the Orange module and has it's own external antenna the antenna. The antenna in handle is useless at this point, at least until they make a module that utilizes it.
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:19 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdem View Post
From just looking at it, wish they had used a white LED back light, blue seems slightly dark, at least from the pictures posted. Anyone else think so?
Other wise it looks great, and price with module + 1 TX is about $100 so not to shabby at all.

Will have to see how it pans out when people start to get theirs in their hands
I've got the blue backlight for the 9x, it's plenty bright in real life, better than what the pictures show.
marhar is online now Find More Posts by marhar
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:20 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
907 Posts
Bought 2! Just in case one of them is broken...

Also bought one on SCS Express and one on standard air delivery. Will be interesting to see who wins the race!

Interestingly, the last one is stuck on "Unpaid" - maybe that's to stop multiple purchases?

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:20 AM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
541 Posts
Quote:
What's worse is that they don't have any modules available/for sale that use the internal antenna.

They only have they have is the Orange module and has it's own external antenna the antenna. The antenna in handle is useless at this point, at least until they make a module that utilizes it.
Oh I see what you are doing now. You almost got me too.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post

Interestingly, the last one is stuck on "Unpaid" - maybe that's to stop multiple purchases?

Si.
I hope not. How else will we be able to create artificial demand for a product and sell it at 2-3x its retail value on ebay?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:30 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,025 Posts
One hour later still 294 of 500 initial batch. I mean Mode 2. It should be modeless, imo
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:31 AM
2Vision-Air
Blainville, Quebec, Canada
Joined Aug 2009
2,009 Posts
My 9x was 59.99 when i got it, added a usb avr, smartie pants board to flash it, el sheet for backlight, so i am close to 160$ on mine.

The ones saying 49.99 is too much money don't know what they are talking about..
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:31 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Nov 2008
381 Posts
i think they are rushing to release it on time that's why they go with the moduleless version first. Just so customers stop bashing them about delaying. I think they will release another version that actually uses the internal antenna, otherwise why build it? But of course prices aren't going to be $50 anymore..
boycoldface is offline Find More Posts by boycoldface
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:38 AM
It's all about Quadcopters
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Nov 2012
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
Ecreative, thanks for the effort on the stock checker. It doesn't seem to have worked though.
Yeah I know!! They have just listed the item on the website, they haven't updated the 9XR website as it still takes you to the homepage when you try to buy and they didn't update the RSS feed!! So my script didn't see anything new lol. Still I managed to send an email out to everyone so they can at leased buy mode2

I tried

Also i'm kind of glad I can't afford one, I don't want to say separately for shipping to the UK and then buy the extras on another order...a bit crap really
ecreative is offline Find More Posts by ecreative
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Aug 2011
160 Posts
There was talk of the initial batch being without modules priced at $49.99 which has now happened, and the second batch would be with module, but with a price increase to boot.I reckon on $100.
Still, this one for 50 all in with shipping to the UK ain't half bad. Not for me though, as I already have a 9X with SKY9X board and firmware so npoint. Eagerly awaiting the new goodies from FrSky ...:
HeliHaven is offline Find More Posts by HeliHaven