HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:07 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Well what we know is that there have been quite a few reports of 9X's delivered with bad pots lately, and as there are no replacements available it can also give surprises and end up costing a bunch more...
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Nov 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
I would go with the 9x.

HK has a way of nickel and dime-ing you. The $50 dollar radio could end up costing a bunch more.

There isn't much that we don't know about the 9x. Ie. no surprises. I'd buy the 9x and fly the FlySky Rx's for now if you are on a tight budget.
Okey, I have been thinking of doing so. Feels good to know its a good choice
Just want to know, because HK MIGHT stop selling the 9x after the 9xr release, does the flysky rx work with the turnigy 9x? (if I want to buy receivers later on and HK has stopped selling them)
Dr.Dork is online now Find More Posts by Dr.Dork
Last edited by Dr.Dork; Dec 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, PA, Levittown
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Can't wait for the 9XR....I've got a stock firmware 9x that I love, but want a second with DSM2/X for all the bind and flys out there (starting with my champ). Working trainer ports out of the box would be swell also! If the 9XR works as advertised, I'll eventually reroute the antenna on the 9x and use the module for an all in one solution.
the_vagabond is offline Find More Posts by the_vagabond
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:33 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
we find out thanks to cesco in the orange thread they are using m128:

hard to believe they arent doing that for the 9xr. hopefully the 9xr specs are typical hk misprints and it really will have m128 which allows more model memory and more powerful software. still 100% compatible with the old 9x firmware though. im also hoping the futaba port is a misprint too and we actually have a convenient reflash/telemetry port.

or maybe the hk "moles" monitoring this thread know good ideas when they see them and will take heed. specially since retooling is not required for either feature.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
hopefully the 9xr specs are typical hk misprints and it really will have m128 which allows more model memory
Stock 9X firmware has m64 and 8 models. m128 has double the EEPROM and they advertise 16 models, so IMO it's already been taken account of.

Quote:
im also hoping the futaba port is a misprint too and we actually have a convenient reflash/telemetry port.
It's been clearly mentioned it would have 2 trainer ports for FPV usage since early this summer. No going back there I guess. But IMO a 6-pin or 10-pin connector that matches the ones on the cable that is supplied with the HK usbasp is much better than using a Futaba connector that would require people to make their adapter cables or buy some.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:43 AM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
http://turnigy9xr.com/ Nearly there
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:52 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
Yes. Stock with DSM2/X built in module. At this stage I assume it comes with Rx. Would not make sense otherwise. Will not stay at $50 for long. This has been made clear several times by HK.
yesterday whoever is updating turnigy9xr.com was modyfing the html and they had links with accesories 2.4Ghz OrangeRX stuff so I do hope it comes with dsmx/dsm2 module as standard
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
here another picture for sharing....

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVlabbet View Post
Well, everybody got their one little secret
more than a secret you are a stupid boy... http://jajodia-saket.sjbn.co/2011/01...eo-on-youtube/
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:37 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
I wonder why they went for 3S lipos when everyone is going for 2S, a much more intelligent choice for 2.4GHz systems that doesn't need 3S voltage at all if not to be waisted as heat on internal voltage regulator!

And hopefully the pots will have much better quality, otherwise I don't think I will swap my 3 ER9X for one thing that just looks better.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:39 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
here another picture for sharing....

Hmmm, that 9XR looks nice. Me want, me want
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:05 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
Stock 9X firmware has m64 and 8 models. m128 has double the EEPROM and they advertise 16 models, so IMO it's already been taken account of.
that does not compute! the new radio is supposed to use er9x type firmware which iirc for m64 version has 16 max, 12 typical, models. with m128 the max ahould be 32 (double). i must admit not having experience with m128 version of er9x (if it does actually exist) but shouldnt a m128 radio have at least 32 models?
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,573 Posts
ER9x might have soon SD Card support through the sound module (another cool project )
So that could bring unlimited models..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:36 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
the new radio is supposed to use er9x type firmware
Still waiting to see that one. They did list "8CH(PPM) / 9CH(PCM)" on the turnigy9xr page, which are outdated concepts, PCM doesn't mean anything anymore and there's no such mode in the 9X alternative firmwares. So IMO they will ship with something closer to the stock 9X firmware.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
How we you able to grab pictures from the up coming video? Where is this video?

Is it me, or does FPVlabbet seem like a sock puppet from HK posting just to stir up the pot?
Youtube creates 4 thumbnails for all its videos. You can access them easily with a little URL magic. BTW, I done that the day the vid was posted, but it was just two pics showing them talking about the radio, the other 2 we have seen.

The video is private at the moment, no way to view it. You used to be able to access Googles cache and see private videos, but not any more.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA