HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 06:14 AM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
584 Posts
Keep them the way they are, if you want a smaller transmitter Walkera is calling you. These smaller TX's are for such a niche market it would not be worth the time & effort spent.
simo71 is online now Find More Posts by simo71
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,419 Posts
Here are some relevant posts copied from hobbyking forum:
Quote:

Picture posted on hobbyking facebook with the caption "One of our engineers just quietly working away on the 9XR"

From Hobbyking Twitter feed:
"The HobbyKing Guys‏@HobbyKingLive
The 9XR seems to be coming together nicely (with picture posted above)"

@kindeiv nothing to do with FrSky. All in house"

@kindeiv its 2 sexy. I don't want to show any half-baked images just yet until its ready. I will try 2 get a Rapid-Proto pic 4 U next week"

@numanair module based with inbuilt 2.4 antenna plus options for FASST, DSMX & long range 433mhz plus it looks & feels much nicer"

Originally posted by HobbyKing_Admin

The 9XR is designed and built completely in-house (my back pocket reminds me of this every day).
It will use the atmega chip and can be flashed with your existing customised software. In fact, it comes standard with a similar rom to one you have mentioned.

We wont be sending out eval units because we have done alot of testing in house already and its unfair to make customers wait for further evaluations.

Anthony.

Originally posted by __BB-Q

How many channels Anthony, and will it hold genuine CE certification?

All our CE certs are genuine from Genuine testing companies.
Unfortunately competitors like to contest those certs by retesting and making comments to undermine their legitimacy.

Just to keep the critics quiet we will be using TUV to test.

The 9XR has a pin-out in the battery compartment for easier flashing without needing to unscrew the case.
We are taking care of the customers that like to fiddle, don't worry about that.

Want a 433 LR module for the new 9XR?
You're going to be a happy chappy.....

Backlight is standard
Has inbuilt and module based antenna system
Button config makes sense
Spare parts avail from the start
Switch and pot quality far better than previous version.

Originally posted by __BB-Q

Sneak peek? Or is that too much to ask at this stage?

I love the look of this one:

The 9XR will be $50.00 and targeted at the standard user that likes flying, not fiddling with his radio or looking for a shady spot to see his LCD.
I like that radio and we're working on something similar (android based) but it wont have the takeup that the 9XR does.

I think Futaba, JR and Spektrum are about to get a hard kick in the nuts.

Originally posted by kanga

Would be good if you could make them already flashed with the frsky 2.4 telementry already installed

We're working with them on a module for the 9XR.

No sliders, darn!
I guess we've got an addition for v2 already.

Originally posted by rcmodelreviews.

One REALLY important feature that this new radio ought to have IMHO is sliders on the side of the case.

It's only the lack of these sliders on the current 9X radio that stops me from totally retiring my JR9303 and my Optic 6 (both with FrSky conversions).

Sliders are absolutely brilliant for operating flaps, retracts, air-brakes, crow, camber and anything else that you might want to apply while still flying the model.

The knobs on the 9X are a PITA because you have to take at least one hand off the sticks to adjust them. With sliders, you can keep both hands on the sticks and use your index finger (if you're a thumber) or your pinky (if you're a pincher).

It's so much nicer to be able to apply rudder, throttle, aileron and elevator when doing a rough-weather approach and still be able to drop the gear, lower the flaps or whatever at the same time.

Even Spektrum (with the DX18) have acknowledged that sliders are new a "must have" feature.

I saw T2 plastics today, they looked good but work was still needed.
I would say we're 3 months out from release. (A GUESS!)

Originally posted by rcmodelreviews.

simo71, the 9XR has an inbuilt antenna and comes with a DSMX/DSM2 module which uses the inbuilt antenna. You can also plug your own JR module in and use an external antenna.

What's the rated number of insertion/removal cycles for that RF connector?

Will HK have matching well-priced DSMX receivers available?

We have given the 3D files of the module antenna system to some vendors like ImmersionRC so they can make modules for the radio 433Mhz etc.

If it's JR compatible with an *internal* 2.4GHz antenna, why would they need the 3D files to produce a 433MHz module?

Such a module won't be using the internal antenna (wrong frequency) and if the module-bay is JR-compatible then they need only make a JR-compatible module.

We are giving out the 3D file because other vendors are copying the cases incorrectly and some are as much as .5mm different in size, requiring a lot of clutch force to remove from the case.
Standard JR modules fit well, but if a company is going to make their own case, we want them to do it accurately.

The RF connector is a standard type, I will find out the name/model after the 28th when I'm back from the UK.

DSMX Rx, of course they will be well priced!
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old May 25, 2012, 12:02 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Here are some relevant posts copied from hobbyking forum:

the 9XR has an inbuilt antenna and comes with a DSMX/DSM2 module
oh no! no more $4 rx. so looks like this is NOT a flysky product. wont be on my wish list.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old May 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
519 Posts
DSM RX start at $6 at HK, so what...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Spektrum.html
(Jo)Hannes is online now Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
Old May 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,419 Posts
Yeah but the 7ch one is 20$...Anyway probably newer ones will arrive..could be ok.

Another thing: "The 9XR has a pin-out in the battery compartment for easier flashing"

So I guess it won't have an inbuilt programmer, just the connection to a suitable connector made..Good enough for me..Might even not require flashing if the preinstalled custom rom will be good enough.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jo)Hannes View Post
DSM RX start at $6 at HK, so what...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Spektrum.html
thats $9 w/shipping. i got over 2 dozen flysky rx most of which i paid $3 and change shipped. i do have some orange and used them with my spektrum but im a fly-boy now

i also have several v911 remotes used with flysky gear and invested considerable technical effort into 9x protocols and hardware so the new radio will not be high on my list.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
thats $9 w/shipping. i got over 2 dozen flysky rx most of which i paid $3 and change shipped. i do have some orange and used them with my spektrum but im a fly-boy now

i also have several v911 remotes used with flysky gear and invested considerable technical effort into 9x protocols and hardware so the new radio will not be high on my list.
Sorry for the OT, but dave (or somebody else) do you maybe have a spare flysky tx module and its case (I'm asking those guys who made the frsky jr module conversion)?
Old May 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
the only one i got came with my 9x. id also like to get some for use with the "core9x" radios im building. in fact im in the middle of developing software to get a7105 modules to work with flysky rx for that application.
Old May 25, 2012, 06:00 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
584 Posts
Being non Flysky is a plus for mine, I have been looking at the thread in the HK forum for a while now, speaking of which the thread/forum is for HK members, not for people to copy & paste to another forum.
Old May 25, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
If this is coming with DSMX, won't Spektrum be pissed and try to stop imports due to patent infringement?
fb39ca4 is offline Find More Posts by fb39ca4
Old May 25, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb39ca4 View Post
If this is coming with DSMX, won't Spektrum be pissed and try to stop imports due to patent infringement?
Its not like a crate of 9XR's are going to show up on our shores, which shipment are they going to stop, the one to your house? I havent heard of counterfeit receivers being stopped which is much
worse than patent infringement.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Last edited by pach; May 25, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 08:34 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb39ca4 View Post
A protocol cannot be patented. True, a company can take out software patents on specific software algorithms which may be partially or wholly required to generate communication packets using a given protocol, but the protocol itself cannot be thus protected.

Besides, HK are not exactly well known for their respect of intellectual property rights. Witness the fact that they rip off entire aeroplane designs. Bixler = EasyStar, Kinetic = Merlin, Pistol = Rifle (hardware piracy with a sense of humor).
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old May 26, 2012, 04:53 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
Being non Flysky is a plus for mine, I have been looking at the thread in the HK forum for a while now, speaking of which the thread/forum is for HK members, not for people to copy & paste to another forum.
Whats your problem man! I also participate in that thread with my first post..
You are picking on everyone like an old naggin' granny.
Old May 26, 2012, 08:19 AM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Whats your problem man! I also participate in that thread with my first post..
You are picking on everyone like an old naggin' granny.
Lol, who exactly? Picking on who? A transmitter
Old May 26, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,419 Posts
Well I'm not a transmitter