HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:48 PM
We fly, we crash, we fly
United States, IL, Belleville
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
Discussion
Razor 200 from BlitzRCWorks and BananaHobby.com

Question for everyone, has anyone ever flown this heli before? My wife ordered one for me as a surprise for passing one of my IT certs. She saw me looking at it one day and watching Pete (BananaHobby.com) fly it on one of his YouTube videos.

Wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Should be here next week so I'll post more on it once I've had a chance to fly it and crash it a couple of times.

Here's the store link: http://www.bananahobby.com/2226.html

BJ
BJ_Hornet is offline Find More Posts by BJ_Hornet
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:32 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Wow, that one has me stumped! Blitzworks helis are all rebranded helis from other manufacturers, usually discontinued Walkera models. I'm guessing it's Art-Tech. I'll be watching to see. You are probably the first, so good luck!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:03 AM
We fly, we crash, we fly
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
Barl14,

Yeah according to the site it's a Art-Tech heli. Should be here Wed/Thur so I plan on giving it a run through this weekend. Will let you know how it goes. Hopefully the wind will be calm here so I can get some outdoor action.

-BJ
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
I am interested in hearing how this heli flies for you and how your experience goes with BH.
Idaho Heli is offline Find More Posts by Idaho Heli
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
We fly, we crash, we fly
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
The Razor200 arrived today. I must say it's a pretty little bird, tried out the simulator it came with and well that I am not so happy with, at least not for helicopters. It wasn't bad for the airplanes, but the helicopters stunk. That or I just haven't taken enough time to figure it out.

Charging up the 2 batteries now, may try and fly it tomorrow if the weather holds. I think it's a little too big for my living room or family room. We'll see though.

Stripping off the decals that came on it so I can clean it up and paint the canopy my way. Paint job isn't bad, I just like more personalized touches. Just have to figure something that will match up with the rotor blade colors.

More later!

-BJ
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
Ok, let us know how it goes and thank you.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
Did you get to fly it this weekend?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:27 AM
We fly, we crash, we fly
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
Unfortunately no, the weather didn't hold in my area enough for me to get it in the air outside. I tried a hover in my living room, and it hovered fairly well, but not enough room there for me to do much with it.

-BJ