HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:22 AM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,834 Posts
Most unusual huh, I have one I'll bring. Shoot I'm going to have to rent a Uhaul or make two trips to bring them all!
Glenn
glewis is online now Find More Posts by glewis
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:28 AM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
ohh cool... i want to get that nextgeneration one and light it for night flying. i need to order that. quickly
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:57 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
Welcome Micro Fasteners to the sponsor list.. thanks guys!

please go like their FB page so they know

http://www.facebook.com/microfasteners

and their website;

http://www.microfasteners.com/
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:48 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
I didnt get notification of the posts here or I would have included the images with my latest video/picture presentation. Great looking aircraft, cant wait to see them fly. I think this year we will have even more amazing aircraft than last year if thats possible. Heres the result of my insomnia the other night.
Denny

WATTFEST 2012 coming soon! (8 min 0 sec)
tenacious101010 is offline Find More Posts by tenacious101010
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:00 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
nice... made me laugh too.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:52 PM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,834 Posts
A friend called me the other night and asked if the Wattfest event had been canceled. I said 'huh?' He said it's on the TRAC website. I went there and sure enough, it says cancelled.
I figured it must mean the event was moved, not cancelled.
Would you consider changing the TRAC website and instead of cancelled, provide a link to the wattfest site?
That is if the event hasn't actually been cancelled....
Glenn
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:56 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
thats because the president is being a %$^$% and since he can't have it , he thinks he can kill it by not mentioning it moved. But it is also in the AMA and the website shows the new location.

We talk to enough people to make sure they know.. and THANKS for passing that info on.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:18 AM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
There are several "Jerry Springer like" rumors as to why the event was moved. Here is the whole story. Yeah, The same day it was announced to be held at Triple Creek, the status was changed to cancelled (as announced), but is too selfish to update any other information to help others. The really pathetic part is he controls the website for the club and for 5 years never posted any pictures even after there were volunteers to do it and have someone else help. New pictures were finally posted on the website only because Brian and I announced we would run for office because he wasnt doing justice to the club. Kinda obvious the job is for selfish reasons, not for the good of the club.
My son was 13 when he flew his first RC aircraft there, learned to fly there, helped put on numerous club events, flew there for years and progressed to the point where he competed at Top Gun and there was never a single mention or image of Sean competing in the event on the website or club newsletter. I even sent in pictures, not one picture or mention of this kid. When we announced to run for office, suddenly pictures of sunsets, airplanes and such were finally posted, oh, with a copyright and his name on them. So self serving, so selfish and so disgusting. The priority is self promotion, pretty sad. Once we realized TRAC could not accommodate overnight camping, the size of the expected crowd at a large and growing event and that we would have to pay the county a minimum of $160 to be on site for the event in case a plane went down over the fence, the selfishness made it just that much easier to make the decision we had to and move the event to a more practical location.
The inability of the club to support a large 2 day event was the primary reason WATTFEST was moved, the actions and inaction of a couple club officers just made the move easier. The event will be held at triple Creek and will be there as long as they want it there. I feel strongly, the club is thrilled about the event as evidenced by over 20 members volunteering to help put on the event this year. I have to say, the outpouring of support from Triple Creek members is truely outstanding, what an awesome group of people.
I hope this puts to rest the WHY of the event move, it was not because of the selfishness, but it made the decision to move much easier.
Denny
Last edited by tenacious101010; Sep 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
Now, back to the reason most of us are in this hobby... The WATTFEST DAWN PATROL traveled across the state to promote WATTFEST 2012 at the DeLand Florida, Golden Eagles RC club. They were hosting an all-electric event this past Saturday. First, a great group of people, was a fun group to hang out with for an afternoon. Their club field is actually at the end of one of the runways at the Deland airport! How cool is that! The sight and sounds of full scale aircraft all around us. It was great having the sound of aircraft engines running as they took off and flew in the area. We handed out numerous flyers and exchanged contact information with several people. I am sure we will see some of them at WATTFEST 2012. I hope so, I enjoyed hanging out and flying with them. The club has already posted a video of the event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU...layer_embedded
Denny
Last edited by tenacious101010; Sep 25, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:59 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
Sorry tenacious and rcshirt but why don't you guys take the high road when it comes to trashing other clubs and the bad blood between you guys and TRAC. This is making it personal and IMHO it runs the risk of taking away from Wattfest and TCRC. Let's keep it professional and move on and have a great event!
buffetbob is offline Find More Posts by buffetbob
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
we moved on a long time ago. We have a vision of a great event . Both of us have put a lot of effort into promotion andl different avenues. We have always layed out to anyone who asked why it was moved. it will be what it will be, But it never could have gotten bigger where it was. PERIOD. the feild was too small , to restrictive in flight pattern. Anything after that simply made the decision that much easier. We are both CDs and I take that fact to mean, I am there for promotion the hobby of RADIO CONTROL AVAITION, not the egos of any club.
Having been part and offical of a few clubs.. not all clubs have that goal.. and a lot more club members /officals are more in it for thier own agendas.

With that being said... This event is there to promote the hobby, the club, the community. should it falter from that, i assure you i will no longer be envoled in it.

This will be a great event. I don not where you are located but would hope to meet you if you attend.

HOPE TO SEE EVERBODY, no matter the club
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
LOL Bob
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
No problem with the event...let's move on. Sounds like you two are the dynamic duo on Wattfest! Can't wait to come and have a great time! Just wish to keep personal stuff out of the thread. IMHO.
buffetbob is offline Find More Posts by buffetbob
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
Awsome , can't wait... 2 weeks.. where do you fly? and what?

see you were really interested in that big p-40
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:50 PM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,834 Posts
Dang, didn't realize my question was going to stir the pot...

I can't wait either. Still getting planes ready. Flew 9 planes today with no damage to any. Did have an aileron servo go bad in the Parrakeet. Lucky it didn't fail in flight!
Flew the new to me foam PBY and it flies like crap. Got some more work to do on it before it's ready.
Glenn