HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jrjr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:44 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
Discussion
First flight

I made my first flight of the "Luv Machine" in my garage. Its a 3.5 car but I only had 2 spaces open. 9' ceiling. First lift off I found I had to reverse aileron and elevator. After that, she was pretty smooth! It did need 13 clicks left aileron to hover steady and a couple clicks of right rudder but after that it was smooth as butter. Servo linkage will get adjusted to compensate but it may not need it in FFF.

I noticed the lower blades were not tracking just right. These look like used blades. I will have to check them out closer.

I punched the throttle a little and she sure does have some power. Didn't give it full since I had limited space but I can see that its gonna be a power house. I was hovering at about 40% throttle so I have something to go on to set up a throttle curve now. This was with the supplied 850mah 45-90c 3S Nano-Tech battery. That battery took over 600mah to charge up initially. I purchased 2 additional Nano 3S 850mah but they are 25-50c. Still should work fine in this.

Didn't time the flight, but I would guess in the 3-4 minute range. I took off the canopy and the motors were about 112-115 degrees F and the esc's were a touch under 100 degrees F. The motors felt warmer than that and maybe they were but my laser temp reader could be off too.

Can't wait to get it outside! It's been cold and windy here lately but better days are coming. I fly in gyms a couple times a week too so that should be fun as well.

As a side note... I forgot to mention that the temps in my garage are in the 40's. When its 80 outside, I wonder how warm these components will get. Didn't check the gyro for temp, will try to do that next time.
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Last edited by jrjr; Apr 06, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts