HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jrjr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:58 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Discussion
Luv Machine

I was the lucky recipient of a heli built by Luvmyhelis. By Randy's description here is what it consists of -

Quote:
OlliW gyromixer and Robbebox.
Microheli frame. New Abec 3 bearings on the inner shaft. I may have used ceramics. Not sure now.
My last Skytec swash, skytec gears. Skytec lower hub, skytec upper adj collar. Helideluxe custom outer shaft.
450 skids w/velcro mod.
2.0 ext shaft mod. (pretty sure these are Lee the Tree's shafts) and a spare
Xtreme boom w 5mm cf boom and trex cf 250 stabs
Boomtown light kit. This needs some work though
6100e rx
Custom SK micro digital metal gear servos on hole 3
10a Turnigy esc's
OlliW gyromixer.
Fusano 250 canopy mod
Xtreme folding grip mod W/55deg blades and whites. Also stock new folding whites and blacks
Ch hobby shortened chrome flybar mod with polished head
Shortened wiring covered and braided
Initial observations - Great looking heli! Looks like Luv did a great job building it and I hope to fly it today or tomorrow. Things have been busy here lately. I was a little confused I guess about the OllieW gyromixer. I thought it was going to be a separate gyro and mixer board but it is all built into one nice small unit. I read so many posts on this subject I got confused and haven't finished reading them all yet either. That's probably why. So much info round here ya know?

I did bind the heli to my DX7 and spun it up. It seems to work fine so far. I will post some more after I fly it. I need to take more pictures but for now I have to run.... more later!

jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Last edited by jrjr; Apr 06, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:42 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,160 Posts
Oh man, Luv machine? Ouch. Hehe. Looks nice. Have fun with this. Thats right, I almost forgot, I sent the Xtreme blues since they matched the canopy so well also. This should hover darn near hands free.

That lettering actually looks pretty cool on there, and am I seeing an Ice esc off to the side? Whatcha buidin there?
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:38 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,160 Posts
Yes, the blades were the ones originally on the heli that my friend (and I during tuneup) had a few flights on. Also a few low flight light laydowns in the grass by him... So they may be slightly tweaked at the grips. But still balance well. Cool to see this in hands that will appreciate and use all that hard work. The motors will stay almost barely warm if you fly without the canopy. As do the esc's. Under the canopy you will notice in extended 10 to 11min flights they will get very warm but never hot to the point of getting out of the expected heat range you want them in.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 07, 2012, 05:56 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Oh man, Luv machine? Ouch. Hehe. Looks nice. Have fun with this. Thats right, I almost forgot, I sent the Xtreme blues since they matched the canopy so well also. This should hover darn near hands free.

That lettering actually looks pretty cool on there, and am I seeing an Ice esc off to the side? Whatcha buidin there?
The Ice 75 went in my Stryker so I can run 4 cells..... 130mph here we come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Yes, the blades were the ones originally on the heli that my friend (and I during tuneup) had a few flights on. Also a few low flight light laydowns in the grass by him... So they may be slightly tweaked at the grips. But still balance well. Cool to see this in hands that will appreciate and use all that hard work. The motors will stay almost barely warm if you fly without the canopy. As do the esc's. Under the canopy you will notice in extended 10 to 11min flights they will get very warm but never hot to the point of getting out of the expected heat range you want them in.
Only flew it the once with the canopy on. Will fly again today outside weather permitting and see what it will do....
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr