HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2003, 08:32 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
***Palm Size *** Heli Forum Option

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forum...s=&forumid=185

Need 20 or more replies from folks that think might benefit from such a forum. See link above. Please reply direct to the above link not here. This could be a good way to follow up where Palm Size helis left off and who knows where it might lead...

Thanks.

Mario I. Arguello
www.micro-flight.com
Mario is offline Find More Posts by Mario
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:24 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
That sounds nice...

How about makeing some more Hornet g10 chassis with new landing gear. Id like to buy one but nobody has them in stock
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:32 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
That would be nice, but I don't think there is enough of them around. People are going to stay with something they could buy, I tried doing it once, ordered housefly,direct, finally had to cancel order, tired of waiting around for it.
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:24 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
Not to deviate from topic, Nick, more frames retrofit kits are on thier way to MIA dealers, for both Hornet and Hummingbird. Also Bumble Bees Falcons.

Regarding the new Palm Size Heli topic, everyone interested in indoor sub micro and ultra miniatiure helis will benefit from such.

Mario I. Arguello
www.micro-flight.com
Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:50 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,302 Posts
Mario

I appriciate your interest but I just don't see the need. One location is simpler, more efficient, and appropriate since a small micro (aka "palm") is just that, a small "micro". Bottom line there's simply more things similar to a micro than different so no need to fix something that isn't broken.

Mario, I fully understand your desire for this and why you want to promote the phrase "palm size" (great marketing tool I must say). As such may I suggest you become an Ezone sponsor and create an MIA forum under vendors and then knock your socks off. If you don't want to do this maybe try using your Yahoo group since you don't seem to be using it now and have total control. I think either would help you and our hobby. Hope this helps.

Cheers
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Oct 25, 2003, 02:10 AM
account suspended
Joined Jun 2003
453 Posts
you asked this before i say nay(why is he even bothering,it is clear other palm helis have been made but not his)
EricCartman is offline Find More Posts by EricCartman
Old Oct 25, 2003, 12:41 PM
account suspended
Joined Jun 2003
453 Posts
Last edited by EricCartman; Oct 25, 2003 at 12:56 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 12:55 PM
state college, pa
Joined Aug 2002
326 Posts
Eric, now that you know that the maker of that heli doesn't want that pic posted, why do you keep posting it? I think that most of us know the consept behind that control technique.
Ben
RC_AV8R_181 is offline Find More Posts by RC_AV8R_181
Old Oct 25, 2003, 01:08 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Times change. Now that Mario has a product that seems to be catching on others are signing up for the job as Flame Target. Best wishes for success in your new role Eric
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Oct 25, 2003, 01:30 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
If we were to take the approach that every product in a different size category is simply a reduction of a larger one, then why even have subcategories. Electric Park Flyers, Indoor Outdoor, Pylon, Scale, Electric, Nitro, Micro, Sub Micro, Palm Size.

If the "Palm Size" helicopter would be a simple reduction in size to a larger heli than everyone would be making them and there would be lots of them for sale already. The same can be said about the micro heli, when they first came out, if they were simply a reduction of size then we should have had them years before 1998, because RC helicopters were already available before then.

To get various open minded opinions, suggestions as well as pertinent information on a topic or subject is what makes many forums interesting and reason why some of them are popular and successful.

It would be good to get the opinion of other readers and miniature helicopter enthusiasts of this topic, but if the interest is really not there than no loss. This is a hobbie and it should be fun and optimistic, for everyone participatingin such, otherwise why bother.

Thanks.

Mario I. Arguello
www.micro-flight.com
MIA is a sponsor of Ezone and RC groups. See MIA Banner.
Last edited by Mario; Oct 26, 2003 at 08:09 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 01:43 PM
account suspended
Joined Jun 2003
453 Posts
thank you,but i see that the palm heli idea is in the history section still(as it should be,at least on mario's site). and my biggest problem is i still dont have a "latest roughed housefly",

Attack Edited Out
Last edited by Fred Bronk; Oct 26, 2003 at 04:57 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 01:45 PM
account suspended
Joined Jun 2003
453 Posts
and with out a cirtain someone making a palm size heli...
Old Oct 26, 2003, 01:57 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,302 Posts
Mario,

I kind of disagree with what you say. I think micros are different enough from big brothers to warrant this forum. Also, there is enough micro owners/flyers to warrant it. I think that the sub-micros including your "palm" design ARE scaled down versions of micros. This doesn't discount the accomplishments but does suggest that this forum is the right place to discuss them. I really don't think that not having another forum will have an impact on our hobby as is maybe being suggested.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 01:59 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,302 Posts
BTW, congrats on being a sponsor. I think an MIA forum would be great.

Cheers
John
Old Oct 26, 2003, 06:27 PM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,128 Posts
I think a "palm" forum would be a GREAT idea.

I look at it as a way to "filter" certain people from the micro-helis forum
cyhyam is online now Find More Posts by cyhyam