HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:00 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
Wing wires installed!!!

I used a Sullivan Wing wire kit and an extra spool of 30' wire (needed about 3 feet more than I had in the kit - figures...).

My approach was different than many - I wanted a clean look to the wires, without all the turn buckles and such. So, I used the grommet mounts on the wing struts, and two eyelets on the cabane rear struts, and two on the gear struts.

This way, I use one set of wires on each side and level to snug up! Two bottom strut wires go to the upper rear cabane strut through an eyelet, and the other side same. The top strut wires on both sides go to/through the eyelets on their respective sides at the gear. This allows a shared load between wires, and a cleaner setup (but trickier to install!). The loops are affixed with crimps and CA, any excess is removed via a Dremmel and diamond wheel (carefully!).

See pictures of this below. I adjusted the tension using the nuts on the eyelets to be able to increase tension on two wires at once. They are taught, but not too tight, and I have enough room to adjust them further if need be...

Now, the aileron linkages, and prop/canopy and balance! Whew!

Skycadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Apr 06, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts