HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Question
Video OSD Setup Utility (Pro)

I have version 10.08 of the eLogger Application installed (file date 10/26/2011). In the Video OSD Setup Utility (Pro), the ability to select graphical items to display is noted in the user guide, but all I see is "Select Text Items for Page...". Has this feature not been implemented in this version of the eLogger application?

Thanks,
John
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi John,

Version 10.04 is our official release software version, available on our support page.

We also have version 10.28 "alpha" version, that should soon move to beta. This has a variety of updates, primarily for Google Earth, charting, and serial PPM OSD support.

Would you mind trying one of these versions?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Hi Bill...I loaded v10.04, but as you can see, the drop down does not allow adding graphical items to the OSD.

As a note, the setup removed the other version of the software, and when I ran 10.04 it updated the eLogger and OSD to the firmware versions it needed (noting that what was there was newer).

Not sure if I'm missing something, but it seemed easy based on the instructions.

Regards,
John

Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi John,

The dropdown for graphics is below the dropdown for text items. It is a rectangle rather than a traditional dropdown. This was done so that you can pick multiple graphical items before the dropdown closes, rather than having to reopen it for each item.

Let me know if this does not solve it for you. if it doesn't, could you post a screen shot of the OSD setup utility, without having the text item dropdown open?
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Hi Bill...I see the box just below the drop down for the text parameters, but there is nothing there. I click on it and nothing happens. I select a parameter to display and nothing happens either.

Do these parameters need to be specified in another part of the software so that they appear in this list?

Thanks,
John

Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:05 AM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsabo View Post
Hi Bill...I see the box just below the drop down for the text parameters, but there is nothing there. I click on it and nothing happens. I select a parameter to display and nothing happens either.

Do these parameters need to be specified in another part of the software so that they appear in this list?

Thanks,
John
For some reason the display isn't showing the "Select Graphical Items for Page 1." Try clicking on the space on your screen where my button is located. I think I see your button but it doesn't have any text on it.

Here's what mine looks like.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Last edited by Floater73; Apr 07, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Yep, I've clicked on it, rebooted the PC, updated Windows, rebooted, unplugged the eLogger, plugged it back in, cleared the settings, reloaded, etc. and nothing shows up in that area. It's just blank.

But, the OSD works fine as I just configured it and tested its output to my TV.

Not sure what the problem could be.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
That is very strange. Would you mind trying our "alpha" version 10.30 to make sure it's not addressed there?

If that doesn't resolve it for you, we'll need to collect some information about your PC.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Hi Bill...nope...still not working. The area where the text is to be displayed is there, but it is empty. I click on it and nothing happens...it's just not an active field.

As you can see, v10.31 is installed. It updated the eLogger and OSD to the firmware versions that it needed. I even rebooted the PC after installing and still nothing.

As I noted previously, Windows is XP Home Edition, is at service pack 3, and has all updates applied to it.

-John-

Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Hi Bill...still can't get this to work, and no idea what the problem could be.

I opened a ticket on the Eagle Tree support site for this problem.

-John-
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
hi John,

I have asked our PC software engineer to look into why this might be happening. It is a mystery at this point, but I strongly suspect it is an issue specific to XP (though definitely not a general XP issue, as a lot of our customers still use it). Is there a chance you have access to another PC or laptop? I suspect it will not happen there.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Hi Bill...Not at this time as I am completely Apple-based at home.

Would it be possible code these extra items into the OSD setup file by hand? It doesn't look all that difficult. Basically I just want to add the speed and altitude ladders (using GPS) and enable the radar view. This is for a quadcopter.

Thanks,
John
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, we may have discovered the issue. Apparently if you use a very large windows font size, it can happen. Would you mind checking to see if this is the case, and trying the normal font size if it is?

1. Right click on the destktop->display
2. In display properties dialog click Appearance tab
3. Adjust font size.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Yep...that was the problem...looks like it's working okay now. I had the font size set to "Extra Large". Switched it to "Normal" and text is displayed now.

Thanks for the help Bill...much appreciated.

-John-

Last edited by jpsabo; Apr 22, 2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Problem fixed