SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
Discussion
Xieda 9958 won't trim and don't understand instructions to change to junior or senior

Title pretty much says it all. Sorry to post a question I know has been asked before but I have gone through a lot of the forms and still haven't found a solution. My heli just flies all over the place cant achieve anything close to a nice hover let alone flying it decently. It wan'ts to go back and starts drifting left into a circle. I have adjusted the left servo arm looking from the back of the heli a lot to the point I think the thing will pop off if I go any higher and it still goes back. Tried to trim more from controller but can't get any sort of hover like I see with this heli on all the youtube videos. Also adjusted right servo linkage down to try and compensate for it going left but it still has a tendency to do that.

I have also searched for the instruction on how to switch between junior and senior mode on the controller but all the instructions I have found don't work or I am just doing something wrong.

If anyone has any other ideas or can give me a little step by step on how to switch modes it would be greatly appreciated.

And if anyone lives in the treasure valley in Idaho who knows how to adjust this darn thing please let me know I would love to come over and have them look at this to see if mine is just messed up or if it is just me.

Thank you.
Idaho Heli is offline Find More Posts by Idaho Heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Oct 2006
24 Posts
If you are adjusting the swash plate by how it sits when the heli is not under power then it will be very off , under power the swashplate lifts and should sit level when the heli is powered up .

When its not under power the swash sits crooked .

To switch between hi/lo rates just push down on the left hand stick till you hear a beep sound . One beep is high rate and 2 beeps is low rate .
BashemSmashem is offline Find More Posts by BashemSmashem
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
So I need to turn it on and check if my swash plate is level and if it is not adjust the linkages accordingly?

Ok, I always have the left stick (throttle down) when I connect battery to heli but it never beeps. Do I need to have it all the way up then move it down? As I have tried that to and still never got a beep.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Oct 2006
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Heli View Post
So I need to turn it on and check if my swash plate is level and if it is not adjust the linkages accordingly?

Ok, I always have the left stick (throttle down) when I connect battery to heli but it never beeps. Do I need to have it all the way up then move it down? As I have tried that to and still never got a beep.
Yes check for level while its running .

No , you must physically push in on the left hand stick , like a button on a game controller , it doesnt take much pressure .
BashemSmashem is offline Find More Posts by BashemSmashem
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
Oh, ok thank you. I will try that when I get home for lunch. What about the swash plate part? Because from what I read on here it didn't mention making the swash plate level just making those adjustments according to what is happening when you take off.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
Whoops, sorry didn't see that you said yes to check it while it is running. I will give that a shot and thank you.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
Ok, went home at lunch and tried leveling swash plate and got it pretty level best I could tell from the naked eye, but that only seemed to make it worse. I may just hit the throttle on this thing and then shoot it with a shotgun lol.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:26 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,972 Posts
Leveling doesn't always work, sometimes the weight distribution is off, and the 9958 has the main rotor shaft angled, which will also affect trim settings.

Best way to trim is to take one step at a time, and make sure you have room so you can let the heli wander a little as you determine what way it wants to drift to. First, trim the tail so that the heli doesn't spin, as this affects forward/backward movement. Then trim the forward/backward axis, and finally the sideways. You can trim with the buttons on the transmitter, or land, and adjust the elevator or aileron linkage, depending on what drigt you are trying to correct, in the right direction. Shorter control rod on elevator means the heli will move more forward, and shortening the aileron control rod will make the heli move sideways left.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
Ok, thank you for the reply I will give that a shot. I went really high on the left rod but still seemed to be drifting left, but I will give it a shot again and start with the tail. It was pretty close but turns a little so I will focus on that first then go to front and back and then work on the drifting left. Last night I was kind of trying to adjust both front and back and drift left at the same time, but I will slow down.

With more expensive heli's do they usually come trimmed better cause this is a pain lol. I watched a ton of youtube videos and read reviews on this heli and everyone made it seemed like it came setup and pretty stable out of the box. This has not been my experience with the 9958.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
9958 swah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Leveling doesn't always work, sometimes the weight distribution is off, and the 9958 has the main rotor shaft angled, which will also affect trim settings.

Best way to trim is to take one step at a time, and make sure you have room so you can let the heli wander a little as you determine what way it wants to drift to. First, trim the tail so that the heli doesn't spin, as this affects forward/backward movement. Then trim the forward/backward axis, and finally the sideways. You can trim with the buttons on the transmitter, or land, and adjust the elevator or aileron linkage, depending on what drigt you are trying to correct, in the right direction. Shorter control rod on elevator means the heli will move more forward, and shortening the aileron control rod will make the heli move sideways left.
The 9958 swashplate out of the box is not level and shouldn't be. If you try to level it out matters will get much worse. Search 9958 swashlate in the forums and pictures have been posted with how off it is. This is normal. If you face the front of the heli it will be tilted down quite a bit to the left and slightly tilted forward.
new rc heli is offline Find More Posts by new rc heli