HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:18 AM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,124 Posts
Discussion
Email notification of arriving stock but none in stock?

Hey, all. Recenlly received an emal notification of arriving stock on a certain item I've been looking forward to but it's been 3 days and I've yet to see the backorder status of the item go away on the website. Is this common? Was it an errror? Should I backorder the item now and take a chance or safer to wait? Thanks
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:58 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Depending on the item, it's probably better to wait. Unfortunately if it's one of the items in really high demand then you have to be seriously quick on the reaction to the email notification. That said I have seen stuff come in and the email notification has been delayed.

If it says it's come in try looking at the "Arrivals" tab, it lists about the last 100 items that have come back into stock at any one time.

Other thing to do is look at the comments section for the item and see what the concensus is on stock levels. If everyone is complaining about missing out because it sells fast then backorder may be the way to go.

Hope this helps.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6