SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Discussion
If im rockin on the sim what next?...

I truly am bored with it..any pointers to make it better, more challenging??

Im running Real Flight 4.5...not interested in buying a different sim..possibly upgrading the 4.5 but that only gives more planes and runways ...right??
jammerz is offline Find More Posts by jammerz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
You have gone to the swap pages? There are all kinds of different models. Try something you haven't done before. Maybe slope soaring. Maybe helicopters. Maybe EDFs.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:41 AM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
Turn the wind up, turn random events on (assuming it supports them). Try to fly pattern in random wind, touch and goes etc...
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Oct 2010
70 Posts
3d pattern flying and jets.
RCICE is offline Find More Posts by RCICE
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:33 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,419 Posts
Go outside and try it for real.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:05 AM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Jul 2011
320 Posts
Dedstick is right. The point of using the sim is for it to help make you a better pilot by practicing any area of flying you have troubles with.To say that you feel bored using it makes me scratch my head cause real pilots use their sim time to make all their air time as boring as possible by keeping their skills so sharp their instinctive.

Here's a suggestion. I see many times on the RF6 and Phoenix when I had it that people tended to try and fly 3D with a 1/4 scale or larger airplane and they appeared to be descent pilots, but you would VERY RARELY see that same person perform a tenth of the flying they were demonstrating with the larger model in a .60 sized or smaller. Why??

Well you will get some different answers. The first one being is the larger models fly better at 3D. I disagree the larger models fly more scale due to their size making them HIGHLY stable and with the extreme power to weight ratios of our engines makes the models envelope greater. The truth be told many people on the sim I've seen pick them due to the fact their thumbs an motor skills aren't fast enough to handle the smaller scale models doing the same aerobatics.

Choppers are similar in the sense of stability. Try flying an electric 450 sized or smaller then to a .90 sized beast the stability difference is amazing, and you will see if your as good as you think you are.

I read all the time similar postings on what sim is better. They all work if used properly and as the motor skill tool they are. I use RF6 and feel it's a very good example of reality in flight.
storm2313 is offline Find More Posts by storm2313