HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:33 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
8 Posts
Question
Are these R/C setups suitable for boats

Hi All.

Im looking to purchase a new remote control kit, for a ship that i have coming.

There are two kits that i'm looking at.

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-devo-...r-p-62531.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html <-- is there a boat setting?

Would these be suitable for R/C boats?

Or are there any other kits that have 8Channels or more best suited for boats.

Thanks

Trent.
blackorchad is offline Find More Posts by blackorchad
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:37 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,133 Posts
Welcome to Rcgroups Trent,

2.4 ghz is fine for rc boats, However I have never purchased either of these brands.
Setting it up for a model ship, is just a matter of selecting a suitable channel to interface with
the boats function. So a joystick for throttle or rudder, and a switched channel for lights, etc.

I have only bought from hobby king once, but the little 2ch radio performed as expected.

Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:50 AM
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,547 Posts
I have several Hobby King units. 2ch, 3 ch, 4ch and DIY in 2 of my Tracker 8 channl radios, no problems all work great.
As Umi_Ryuzuki stated just plug the function in to the channel you want it on.
Normaly :
ch1 rudder
ch2 or 3 throttle Channel 2 on a 2or 3 ch radio channel 3 on 4 or more channel radio.
There are radios up you 12 channels and expander units to give more. I have up to 28 fuctions on some of my models. My big radios are all 8 channel with expansion units.
The radio in the back groound of the Andria Gail is a Tracker III with a switch 16 expansion unit.

The only limit is your imagination.
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:34 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
8 Posts
Awesome stuff.
I was doing a little digging and i could only really find information about those two remotes which suggested they were only for use with Planes, Heli's and gliders.
blackorchad is offline Find More Posts by blackorchad
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:01 AM
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,547 Posts
I believe that they are all 2.4's. There is no differance for aircraft and surface in 2.4. You can use the same radio for both. You may have some mixes that you would no use on a boat , but in my case I have found the mixes handy.
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC