HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, CA, Laguna Hills
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
Discussion
First heli build. Main gear question

Hey everyone. So this is my first heli build. So far it has been really fun trying something different and alot of fun to build. I have everything pretty much figured out except this main gear problem. Actually its the second gear and its hitting the frame.

Is there anyway to adjust this?

Maybe its that spacer i circled in red? Do you need that?

I tried to buy a align trex gear set but my but my shaft is too thin for it.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

faheja is offline Find More Posts by faheja
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Feb 2007
100 Posts
If that's the thin shim that comes with the main shaft, put it above the top bearing block. It will pull the two gears up and clear the frame. If that doesn't do it, check to see if you have a warped gear. Last resort would be to take a file to the spot where it rubs the frame. Try to avoid doing that at all costs.
faa51408 is offline Find More Posts by faa51408
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
looks to me like your main shaft isnt a pro mainshaft, i dont know if this would cause a problem on the gear set though, right now im using a shaft out of an older v2 and am not having the same issue. id make shure you pull up on the shaft before snugging down the jeezuz bolt and the same for the top collar. this will make shure you have all the slack pulled out and id bet you get enough to find some gear clearance. if you have changed the gear or even if you have the original and have never had the one way bearing assembly out of it tear it down. look for plastic flash between the gear and the one way bearing assembly, ive found this between a couple of my spares and it can cause wobble and id imagine also spacing problems. thats about all i can think of, it may need a pro shaft as there is some differences but i still think it will probubly be ok with some tweeking.
bada61265 is offline Find More Posts by bada61265