SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old May 06, 2012, 08:28 PM
fast
fmkit's Avatar
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
Wow, kind of disappointing to see the failures with this cam.

Would be great to use the AV-out for FPV on smaller planes, but if this thing crashed going from dark to light....
...............................

AV-out never crashed on me, just some recordings get damaged while others look decent.
here is original video recorded onboard small flying wing, lots of shake and low light
if you wonder how the video stops exactly when I catch the plane -- I just pushed button on my nunchuck controller stopping recording remotely.
http://www.fpv2.com/img/PTDC0016.AVI
fmkit is online now Find More Posts by fmkit
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2012, 10:07 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit View Post
AV-out never crashed on me, just some recordings get damaged while others look decent.
here is original video recorded onboard small flying wing, lots of shake and low light
if you wonder how the video stops exactly when I catch the plane -- I just pushed button on my nunchuck controller stopping recording remotely.
http://www.fpv2.com/img/PTDC0016.AVI
that good to know, so the crashed only effect the recorded files?

i have downloaded your files it true then you cant simply edit it using windows movie maker but it play fine though
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by skellator; May 07, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old May 07, 2012, 12:47 PM
fast
fmkit's Avatar
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,641 Posts
today I flew the cam and all files were bad, went home, fixed pan and flew again now panning away from clear sky or something that camera can't focus and got usable files, was able to edit with TMPGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7QSHzxTMc
fmkit is online now Find More Posts by fmkit
Last edited by fmkit; May 07, 2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: PICS ADDED
Old May 08, 2012, 04:31 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
158 Posts
I got 2 of these and am **unhappy**.
I have the corruption bug as well. I couldn't provoke it by chaning in illumination, but it occurs after ~4min. Every single time.
To me it seems rather some sort of buffer overflow problem rather than illumination.
Nice toy, but with this bug a NO_ GO. Get the #16.

Dio
Dionysos is offline Find More Posts by Dionysos
Old May 08, 2012, 07:02 AM
Fidler & twidler
empeabee's Avatar
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
I got 2 of these and am **unhappy**.
I have the corruption bug as well. I couldn't provoke it by chaning in illumination, but it occurs after ~4min. Every single time.
To me it seems rather some sort of buffer overflow problem rather than illumination.
Nice toy, but with this bug a NO_ GO. Get the #16.

Dio
What is the Make, Size & Speed class of your SD card(s) ?
Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old May 08, 2012, 07:49 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
158 Posts
transcend class4, 16Gb...

corruption looks identical to the one posted at exposure room. Top of the picture still clear, bottom gone, pitching/high-pitched noise.
Dionysos is offline Find More Posts by Dionysos
Old May 08, 2012, 07:52 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
158 Posts
@frank:

could you do me a favor and try to take a video for more than 5mins with this config

Quote:
#18 with hardware revision
I just received a new test camera that, according to my Ebay vendor contact with the developer, has had some kind of hardware modification to it (I think to fix the file corruption that occurs when panning the camera from the ground to the sky). Here's one of several brief tests I did with it... all with similar results:
Brief test of Revised #18 HD keychain camera (0 min 26 sec)
Dionysos is offline Find More Posts by Dionysos
Old May 08, 2012, 08:20 AM
fast
fmkit's Avatar
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
transcend class4, 16Gb...

corruption looks identical to the one posted at exposure room. Top of the picture still clear, bottom gone, pitching/high-pitched noise.
I have exact same problem with 16gb cards, yesterday the DVR corruted file system on 16gb card so it appeared as 8gb with many strange file on it, formatted using laptop and it still appeared 8gb, then formatted with another car dvr and it was 16gb again but I decided only use 8gb with #18
fmkit is online now Find More Posts by fmkit
Old May 08, 2012, 08:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
158 Posts
I won't tolerate this. If I have to make a drawback in terms of video quality compared to a GoPro, or any other similar cam, I'm totally ok.
But I cannot rely on a device that is faulty. Sorry guys, to me that's the definition of faulty. Just because something has 4 wheels, it's not a car. Would you mind the engine stalling after every 20km just because the car was cheap? Of course you would.

Same here with the cam.
a corruption file fix tools alias a perpetually rented towing service doesn't make sense. I'm too German for these games.

Dio
Dionysos is offline Find More Posts by Dionysos
Old May 08, 2012, 12:18 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
@frank:

could you do me a favor and try to take a video for more than 5mins with this config
I have shot much longer videos. The corruption does not occur at any given time interval, but occurs virtually EVERY time I pan the camera from pointing at the ground to up to nothing but sky with about a 1 sec. time span. I can also trigger the corruption with a bright LED flashlight byt putting the camera in a darker environment and suddenly shining the flash light into the lens from about 1 CM in front of it. It definitely has something to due to the light level change, but scene complexity also seems to come into play. If I keep just a portion of the ground in the scene, corruption does not occur, even when the majority of the scene is nothing but sky. But when the sky suddenly occupies about 90-95% of the frame, the corruption occurs.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old May 08, 2012, 12:20 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit View Post
I have exact same problem with 16gb cards, yesterday the DVR corruted file system on 16gb card so it appeared as 8gb with many strange file on it, formatted using laptop and it still appeared 8gb, then formatted with another car dvr and it was 16gb again but I decided only use 8gb with #18
I had an 8GB CL4 Sandisk card become permanently write protected while using the camera! The card has three files on it that cannot be deleted, and the card cannot be reformatted!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old May 08, 2012, 12:43 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I had an 8GB CL4 Sandisk card become permanently write protected while using the camera! The card has three files on it that cannot be deleted, and the card cannot be reformatted!
that not good the camera getting bad as we speak, I order 1 now feeling maybe i make a mistake but the AV-out is hard to resist for fpv camera
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
fast
fmkit's Avatar
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
........... but the AV-out is hard to resist for fpv camera
yes, even if it wasn't recording the camera w/AV-out is lightest I ever had
today flew some more:
#18 808 keychain camera onboard small flying wing, test 2 (1 min 23 sec)
fmkit is online now Find More Posts by fmkit
Old May 08, 2012, 02:18 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
that not good the camera getting bad as we speak, I order 1 now feeling maybe i make a mistake but the AV-out is hard to resist for fpv camera
There could very likely be some serious competition for this camera in the market place VERY soon!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old May 08, 2012, 02:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
97 Posts
"There could very likely be some serious competition for this camera in the market place VERY soon! "

could you be a bit more specific Tom?

Cheers
tete is offline Find More Posts by tete
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The ORIGINAL #16 HD keycam thread (read posts #1-#5 BEFORE posting questions) Tom Frank Aerial Photography 17946 Today 11:19 AM
Discussion HD Keychain Cam with A/V out frank48 FPV Talk 4 Mar 19, 2012 05:45 PM
Discussion New HD video camera for onboard recording with Live AV out ! oded mazor FPV Talk 6 Nov 09, 2011 12:49 PM
For Sale Aiptek HD Camera with AV INPUT $69...Target.com crd FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Dec 17, 2010 08:58 PM
For Sale Micro Keychain camera---OUT see new post for list p51p51 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 20 Apr 02, 2010 10:04 AM