HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
Just burned through two batts on my MSRX. Hi speed, low level (maybe 1 to 4 ft. off the ground) around and through the trees in the (big) yard. No crash today (it's also dead calm, that helps). Hairy fun! A third pack trying to do a loop with this bird, not luck yet, but others have (TNT Neon). I hear it's not a pretty loop, but I'll take it. I'll get it sooner or later. After all, for the first month, turning left with my MSRX was a nightmare, now it's all good. Enjoy flying guys.
hotshot888 is offline Find More Posts by hotshot888
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 09:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Today, I flew my V400d02 for 3 min's.... .. .. Then hit the tarmac.
A bad day for me.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 02, 2012, 09:46 PM
BPhoto
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Apr 2012
147 Posts
Got home for work... Installed my 650mah 20c into my CB100 and took flight in the front yard. Kinda windy but had fun. The heli was kinda all over the place but got it to land nice... I was trying circles around me while leaning the heli into the circle... Crashed once into a tree branch and it hung there... More tomorrow I hope!!!
BPhoto is offline Find More Posts by BPhoto
Old May 03, 2012, 08:58 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,306 Posts
I bought an sr120 as an early father's day present for my dad. I flew five packs on it last evening and then two this morning before boxing it up to mail to him :-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old May 03, 2012, 09:03 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
welp i fixed my 250 that i crashed yesterday. Today just a 3 minute test hover. No more low to the ground flying!!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old May 03, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I bought an sr120 as an early father's day present for my dad. I flew five packs on it last evening and then two this morning before boxing it up to mail to him :-)
Ummmm.....Yeah......
"Just wanted to make sure everything was gonna work OK, Dad....!"
Pre-Tested for Your Safety"........
dasBlade300X is offline Find More Posts by dasBlade300X
Old May 03, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
It's a bit gusty today, blowing my bird around. I just "scraped" my MSRX off the roof with an evestrough snow scraper. No damage!
hotshot888 is offline Find More Posts by hotshot888
Old May 03, 2012, 07:34 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,306 Posts
I did the "chinese weight mod" to the tail of my Esky KingV2 and just tested it out back. The wind was blowing at 9 mph and gusting to 17mph. The tail held well but I had to work at flying :-)
Old May 03, 2012, 11:40 PM
Activist
Joined Jun 2009
85 Posts
The stock MCPX flew like crap this morning. It was wiggly fore and aft. I had swapped heads, gears, blades and links so that left just the mainshaft as the only thing that could cause the shakes. Damn! I won't pay $10 for a CF tube from E-flite. But they sell the Blade 450 which has 3mm solid CF tail boom braces. Two of them are enough 3mm CF to make 6 mainshafts with Jim Stolls tool. It is a great tool.
This afternoon the stock MCPX only crashed 2 times and broke one link.
daveapplemotor is offline Find More Posts by daveapplemotor
Old May 04, 2012, 08:45 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,306 Posts
It's rainy and windy so I flew five MSR packs in my livingroom :-)
Old May 04, 2012, 09:34 PM
Activist
Joined Jun 2009
85 Posts
Wind outside is fun with the MCPX. No worries.

Had 4 MCPX packs on the charger and my wife had the swamp cooler on hi speed

My MSRs got to fly in some good wind, too. The stock MSR had to fight hard forward to stay even with the wind and turning before the other wall is fun. Broke a flybar on the second pack. Rats. The Cusker modded MSR, the twitchy one, seemed to like the wind. It was fun to practice hovering in front of the cooler pirouetting. And the TH switch is my friend.
daveapplemotor is offline Find More Posts by daveapplemotor
Old May 05, 2012, 03:07 AM
mutski
United States, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,185 Posts
Dunked the Genius CP

I had a couple nice flights with the Genius CP. Alas, I lost it in a gust and crashed in the pond at the edge of the soccer field. If you watch the back left carefully, you can see the splash when it craters. It was totally sunk with the tail rotor churning underwater when I got there. It's been sitting on a fan all day to dry out. I'm hoping it still works!
Splashdown.MP4 (0 min 45 sec)

I had better luck with the V120D02, kept it in the air six minutes a couple of times before planting in the grass. I think the Genius CP flies faster and cuts through the wind better. The V120D02 feels slow and kite-like by comparison. Maybe that's because I'm flying the V120D02 more cautiously; I'm more afraid of damage if it crashes hard. No acrobatics - I'm still learning to fly circles.
V120D02 Pretty Landing (1 min 37 sec)

Landed right-side-up! That doesn't happen often.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old May 05, 2012, 10:24 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
I got 10 packs on the mSR X yesterday. Now that I have replaced the grips and swash with aluminum and levelled it all out this bird is a sweet flyer! I am doing clean circuts in a 10 X 18 office including slow figure 8's.

We're going to a friends for dinner tonight. He is also a flyer (mostly planks but loves my mSR X) and has a HUGE family room that we have contests in. We will fly the mSR X and a couple of his coax's for many hours, or until we have too many beers to fly straight.
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
Old May 05, 2012, 11:34 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
I had a couple nice flights with the Genius CP. Alas, I lost it in a gust and crashed in the pond at the edge of the soccer field. If you watch the back left carefully, you can see the splash when it craters. It was totally sunk with the tail rotor churning underwater when I got there. It's been sitting on a fan all day to dry out. I'm hoping it still works!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Wwfmo5KMI

I had better luck with the V120D02, kept it in the air six minutes a couple of times before planting in the grass. I think the Genius CP flies faster and cuts through the wind better. The V120D02 feels slow and kite-like by comparison. Maybe that's because I'm flying the V120D02 more cautiously; I'm more afraid of damage if it crashes hard. No acrobatics - I'm still learning to fly circles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Ohl8KZzT8
Landed right-side-up! That doesn't happen often.

sorry to hear about your crash the walkera Genius from what I hear is an awesome little heli. hope you get it back in the air soon!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old May 05, 2012, 12:10 PM
mutski
United States, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,185 Posts
Epalog - Drowned Genius CP

So here's the outcome - After crashing into the pond, my Genius CP spent 18 hours sitting in front of a fan. This morning it hovers like nothing ever happened! Maybe when I saw the tail rotor spinning in the algae I could have flown it out! I imagine what saved it was unplugging the battery immediately and setting it aside to dry.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski