HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:21 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,505 Posts
MSR-X has become very user friendly. Super F/P will get into trouble quicker but flys great. Genius c/p will need some more time but do have it flying. Whew.....> sure gets blood pumping. Guys having a little trouble with MSR-X maybe little hint. Use full rates and just stay ahead of it. You can not relax stick pressure. I slowly rotate right stick and as soon as bird goes in bad direction correct it. The Walkrea Super F/P will dart back hard if you relax stick. All F/P's seem to have to the rear issue. FBL helis are way more able to fly than V911's/9958's /260A etc. I like MSR-X big time, and my Super F/P.

Today started with V929/ then Syma X-1. Brought my two 9958's and all flying very nice. Last was MSR/ MSR-X/ Super F/P and then took a long break.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:34 PM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Broke my mcpx landing skids in 2 places practicing side in hover today at work. Then flew the v911 for a couple batteries to try and feel better about it.

George
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:08 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
Started with the V911, 2 minutes in, hit a car jack, broke the fly bar. Since I have no replacement, I dove into the MSRx ( currently still in box). Hovered that jewel and realized quick, better stop and find a bigger area to fly to adjust the trims.
hogan is offline Find More Posts by hogan
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:38 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Tooo windy to fly outside this morning so put the 120SR back in the box and flew 2 packs on the msr ..getting close to trying figure 8's. Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:58 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,158 Posts
Two packs on the MSRx flying circuits in the living room; it's ten degrees and snowing outside so I'll be flying inside today. I gotta say, the MSRx with the stock tx is a handful. I've been flying helis since 2006 and can sport fly helis big and small quite well and this little guy is the most challenging model I've flown todate-this includes the walkera 4#3b!
elan is online now Find More Posts by elan
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:59 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Started with the V911, 2 minutes in, hit a car jack, broke the fly bar. Since I have no replacement, I dove into the MSRx ( currently still in box). Hovered that jewel and realized quick, better stop and find a bigger area to fly to adjust the trims.
-Take it slow and easy with the MSRx. If you are using the stock tx, make sure to use low rates...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:04 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,158 Posts
MSR-X has become very user friendly
-Congrats on that! I don't have the stick time to say that quite yet with mine; I'm not crashing it, but I'm not exactly flying it comfortably yet either :-)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:41 AM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
Msr x

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
-Take it slow and easy with the MSRx. If you are using the stock tx, make sure to use low rates...
Using th9x tx, and I was going real slow till I got used to the sticks. Ended up breaking a servo linkage so till the mailman comes Tuesday, looks like I will be internet surfing!
hogan is offline Find More Posts by hogan
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
MSR-X has become very user friendly
-Congrats on that! I don't have the stick time to say that quite yet with mine; I'm not crashing it, but I'm not exactly flying it comfortably yet either :-)
Practice practice practice Happy flying
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew my msr today 3 packs but on the fourth pack the wall drew me in and broke the flybar with no spare as this is the second one that i broke soo o have to wait for the replacements to arrive in VT where it will be repaired at my favorite repair shop.. At over 89 yrs fingers are not too steady an neuropothy (spelling), in left hand makes it a challenge doing repairs., Happy flying
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:35 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
133 Posts
v911 flight results today

Flew outside.. evidently wind caught it when it got up too high... fell about 100' straight down to an asphalt parking lot.... This is what I picked up.... shocked the pants off it!

Only severe damage was the rotor blade... a new set and it should be ready again.

Name: copter.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 221.3 KB
Description:
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:18 PM
United States, CA, Monrovia
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Spent all day Saturday trimming trees. Sunday here in California was beautiful. 75 outside with little or no wind and I had a significantly larger area to fly in.
Wife took the kids to kids to the market and I had 4 batteries ready to go.
Popped up my MCPX2 and within a minute slammed into back asswards into the dirt.
Shattered the the tail boom.
dlobo is offline Find More Posts by dlobo
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:18 PM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Wow, you have to work to break a v911 like that...good job!

It was very windy today, couldn't fly outside. I flew 1 battery on the mcpx hovering in the entryway of the house. Man was that stressful, but got out without breaking anything. Didn't feel the need to try it any more though.

George
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
No flying today too windy and cold for flying the 120SR... 33 degres in swfl... the msr has a broken paddle so waiting on replacement part and ordered a new msr for backup.. that will put my heli hangar at 2 msr's 2 120sr's a dead 4#3B ..an FP2 and a Belt which I haven't flown. Happy Flying
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
769 Posts
Tucson was 70* and sunny all weekend so I had the V120 and the 250 out a lot. Finally getting the feeling that I can really take the 250 by the scruff and wring it out a bit without it getting away. It really feels like the 250 gets smoother once I get some load on the disc and get it moving.

I've been working hard on my collective management with my V120D02S, it's got a bum motor in it at the moment which gives me about 75% head speed and less torque plus some gnarly vibes. Strangely because it flies lousy it's been a fantastic training tool for learning not to lean on the collective too much and make my flips really tidy. The little mid-flip adjustments on the collective really translate to helping me keep up with the 250 when doing fast consecutive moves. Soon I'm going to put in a new motor and It's time to practice proper inverted flight!
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer