georgeintexas is online now Find More Posts by georgeintexas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:18 AM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,337 Posts
my god.

I think I just found out how fast the nine eagles freespirit can go. It made the jaunt from one end of a full sized high school gym to the other in about four seconds. But it ended with a crash into the wall though. When it hit, I was at full elevator up and the heli was tilted at something like 20 degrees nose-up on impact.

All it cost me was a skid and a flybar. The head, which was dentalflossed, CA'd and JB Welded, survived.

I think the airframe might be a good candidate for a brushless mod.
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:43 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Hi everyone ..ave been away from the threads too long
I have been flying all along but have neglected the threads..
Since I have been on had aquired a MSR X which was not a good choice for my flying skills .. after numerouse crashes and a couple of repairs ..decided to purchase a rtf MSR what a difference ..love it and now having fun flying indoors when wx is not cooperating outdoors for flying my 120SR .. they are a great combination for me.. Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:34 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,495 Posts
Playing with mico quads has paid off big time. I have nice Walkrea Super F/P FBL/ Msr-X/V100D01 fbl helis. All were way to quick but have been flying them recently. Super F/P is really quick on controls. Also been flying some c/p helis. I now have Great planes 6.0 sim and think this will help out alot. Real timw/ sim/ time. Anyway feels great to have these birds flying.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:37 PM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,337 Posts
after using both sim and FP, i'd have to say learning on FP is better than sim. Why? a sim doesn't show the slight twitches of a heli.
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:07 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,505 Posts
I flew my MSR and drove my 1/36 scale Desert Truck today.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:38 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,495 Posts
Sim is fun but far from real flying. That said there is no doubt that sim will help you progress faster than crash and burn. Those who disagree thats fine, your call. Big part of flying/ repair you need to clam down.
Flew MSR-X/Super F/P and both are fine flyers. Both are smooth and like them both. Super F/P is faster/ more agile. Also harder to fly. The finish and final product is very well made. MSR-X is nice to but plain looking compared.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:05 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,495 Posts
Things have been fine and knew that would end. Today flying twin brushless V100D01 broke frail boom. On tail boom its not plug and play. you have to cut wires to remove from boom. I recieved this from local flyer with boom broke at frame. I now broke it at tail section. This is a nice heli but it very fragile and should have been more careful. This is a 100 size heli but uses 650ma battery and kind of heavy. Older heli but worth the effort to fix. These FBL helis slide all over on foam board heli-pad. I may cover them with felt covering to stop the skidding onto floor. Tail first did me in. I made mistake on flying two quads before and did not gear up for this slick flyer. It uses older Walkrea 2403 TX and to use to Devo 7TX. On me as I broke it.

Now I need to cool flying a couple of days and fix down birds. V400D02 needs servo replaces and now basket case. V100d01 need new boom./ T-Rex 100X has battery eating motor [ i hope]. Lucky I do have everything to fix these. Plus go through a nice Clone 450 heli. Test flown and adjusted. Busy/ busy / busy but great hobby. Some times you get the Bear/ some times he gets you !
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:59 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Tried for the first time not on a sim. Fliping. Sim didn't teach me crap in this department. I hit them all day along with inverted flights.

Heres reality. Enjoy. The Nano is one tough cookie. Book settings is +30 on expo's. This is my second day with my Nano.
Hey Rich did your nano's tail wag when you first got it? Mine did, so after about 6-8 flights with motor break-in there was no improvement. So they sent me a new tail setup and it still wags... I hope it goes away. Some say the nano has to break in and really comes alive after about 20 flights. However right now it's not so fun to just hover around with the tail wagging.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:25 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,154 Posts
Two packs on my MSRX; a gift from my father. The little model is a handful-it reminds me of my 4#3b but it flies better. I'm looking forward to putting more packs through it...
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:04 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2005
296 Posts
Three packs in the mCPX BL at a local park that does not have radio control electric plane bans.

The local baseball field is perfect for this heli but there is frequently a police car, so I don't go there.
Zé Povinho is offline Find More Posts by Zé Povinho
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:48 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,154 Posts
One pack this morning on the MSR X (AKA "the little monster" :-) and yesterday a pack out back with the CP2 off of a heli pad on the snow. Man that felt good to be outside...
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:48 AM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Following along in the "Reality" video concept, I flew my mcpx through 9 batteries yesterday, 6 at lunchtime at work and 3 at home in the back yard. The last one was after dark and I flew with a head lamp on. That was interesting, but actually worked better than I expected. I video'd the first back yard battery's worth. I'm just learning on the CP so there's lots of bobbing about, overcontrolling and crashing. Don't expect to see a flip...but I had loads of fun. I got more daring in later flights when it was darker and the crashes were more spectacular, but I got out of it with just 1 broken link. I think I've about made the transition from the left button throttle hold of the dx4e to the right switch version on the dx6i but I was still pretty slow in the video.

George

Mcpx 1 (3 min 52 sec)
georgeintexas is online now Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Two packs on my MSRX; a gift from my father. The little model is a handful-it reminds me of my 4#3b but it flies better. I'm looking forward to putting more packs through it...
Yes it's a handfull but know that you an tame it...not for me though beyond my skill level.. love the MSR and 120SR good combination for indoor outdoor..Happy flying
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
flew 2 packs each on the MSR and 120SR .it was a fun flying day .. the north wind was puffing enough when turning into it the 120 would just hang there until it let up a bit then was able to complete the circuits..consider it not bad for an 89 and a half yr old guy
Happy flying