SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:17 AM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
Took the v911 outdoors today, Still stocky standard but tears around on the faster rate. Blew through 2 batteries back to back. My bird got attacked by a dragon fly which was hilarious. Abit of left cyclic and max throttle created bug splatter all over my clean canopy

Love these birds. Im trying to start a v911 thread outlining the best bang for the busk upgrades to the v911 with focus on batteries and flybars

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796546

see you v911 owners over there
When it comes to mixing it up with bugs and foamies, the heli always wins!
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:53 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,224 Posts
Three packs on the msr at lunch; you gotta love office-flying :-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:10 PM
The Netherlands, NB, Heusden Gem Heusden
Joined Dec 2012
27 Posts
2 packs in the living room on g.t. model 9016 that I got as a hand down yesterday, not a stable hover but not nervouse either, just very drifty
pe1rdw is offline Find More Posts by pe1rdw
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:31 PM
United States, NC, Whitsett
Joined Jun 2012
39 Posts
Was able to sneak in a few packs after work last week and then got in a great day flying on Saturday. Here are some of the after work pics of my Master CP. My daughter captured these for me and did a great job!
chrisnc is offline Find More Posts by chrisnc
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:32 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,224 Posts
Real nice pics...
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:57 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
259 Posts
Nice pics.
I flew my MSR and 120sr in my living room. Can't wait for spring.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
I fly 4 batteries worth on my v911s every lunch hour in the atrium at work. There's about a 10x30 carpeted spot at the far end where nobody walks and it makes a great place to fly from. There are 2 floors of height to play in. I meet new people from the other companies most every day and have had about 6 people fly my heli so far. I've ordered 5 more batteries so I'll have a little more flight time. Great fun.

George

Edit: When I was flying today I had a friend take pictures of my flying spot and got a couple with the heli in focus.

G
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Last edited by georgeintexas; Jan 09, 2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:12 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,224 Posts
Four packs on the msr in the livingroom. Hey, given the wx report I might be able to fly out-side this weekend here in Vermont. Oh BOY :-)
Last edited by elan; Jan 08, 2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: sp
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:53 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,204 Posts
Bought a few new 25c e-flite batteries for MQX/ 9958 and what a difference. Those cheap garbage nano-tech will be put to rest. Nano-techs are almost new and power has shown fading and 9958 started to act funny. E-flite batteries and power is back on both birds and no funny actions at all. I will never / ever get nano-techs again. To bad as still have a bunch, cheap they be and you get what you pay for. Bought a new Symra X-1 quad, flys sweet and stable. Very nice Quad. Bound to my T9x as never tried it with stock TX.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:21 PM
RC ADDICT
United States, MN, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2005
106 Posts
I picked up a Blade nCPx a little while ago, been flying multiple times a day for practice. One of these days I'm going to try inverted, just haven't gotten the nerve yet. The living room isn't the best place to attempt for the first few times but it will still be an artic tundra in MN for a few more months.
gonracn is offline Find More Posts by gonracn
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:13 PM
Joined Aug 2006
59 Posts
V120d02s v2

nice calm morning in the tropics today. flew 10 packs (3min) flights with my V120 of relentless flipping and rolling fast and slow just to see if the 6-axis will have any strange corrections. so far so good, just crashed it (minor) to the grass after getting tooo low! hooray for the (copper wire) shear pin mod and paper clip canopy support, nothing broke. just slipped in a fresh new shear pin then off she went!
hawk01 is offline Find More Posts by hawk01
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:57 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,224 Posts
Two packs on the CP2 with my new (used) gy401 installed. Man, what a neat bird. If the weather stays nice (we are having a January thaw at the moment in Vermont) I hope to knock off early this week and fly in the afternoons...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:53 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,204 Posts
Today was a record for me flying. Flew two 9958's/ two V911's/ Scorpion Y-6/ Ladybird V1/ Solo-pro 270a/ MQX/ V929/ and Syma x-1 quad. Used Devo 7TX/ T9X. Also flew Hoten-X brushless quad. All flew just fine and had a great time. I hope by before summer to be also flying my 6ch c/p birds. Just started c/p but taking it real easy as busted one thats on the bench. Lucky it wasn't big deal.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:41 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,224 Posts
I took the afternoon off to put my modded Esky CP2 through it's paces out back. The temp is 36 degrees with a 3mph wind gusting to about 8mph. I flew five packs and man did it feel good. I've swapped out my trusty old mini zoom gyro for a gy401, so I don't have to let the model sit outside; the normal procedure for the min-zoom is to let it sit at the flying field for 15mins to acclimate and then plug it in for five minutes to warm up, then unplug the lipo and plug it back in and fly. It sure is nice to just walk out, set the model and tx down, turn on the tx, plug the model in, count to ten and fly, and then bring the model, tx and me inside to warm up between packs :-) Also, the model, with the gy401, flies better in the wind than it ever has. AND, I can fly with the gyro in HH-I used to fly the telebee in rate.

Boy, I am grateful for all the flybarless set-ups flooding the market; there's now a bunch of used Futaba GY401s for sale and I now have 'em on every model in the fleet :-)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:46 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,224 Posts
One pack on the MSR in the livingroom after work; hopefully I'll be flying outside tomorrow :-)