HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:55 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,513 Posts
Flew Master c/p a little more and couple Ladybirds. Recieved my DX5e and bound MQX, big improvment. I will bind it to Mcpx later today. At first binding was not happening but was trying to use system for Mcpx but for MQX is different. Anyway got binding done and MQX is now happy with TX. MQX instruction tell how to bind with computer radio and stock. They do not show how to do DX5e or the 4e. Insert flight battery then hold trainer swithch as you turn on TX. Lights flash and kept swithch on till it bound. Now its good to go. MCPX is same yut tou move throddle stick to left. DX5e is full range and will use it later for something else when I finally get a DX6i or DX7.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
-Sounds like the beginnings of a new r/c club :-)
Yeah, between the rotors and the wheels we're thinking E-Free-Family Choppers!
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
A couple of batts through the MCX2 - I'd almost forgotten how much fun it was to tool around the house making the dog crazy!
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
I was doing laps through my kids swing set and my jeep with a bikini top on it with my msrx and mqx today. It was fun to be able to fly in tight spaces. I have been obsessed with learning flips and rolls with my mcpx and nano so haven't broken out the fp's enough recently. Forgot how effortless they are, or maybe they seem effortless because I have been flying twitchy cp's a lot
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
Got out the v911s again hit the sim and rdy again.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:43 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,513 Posts
Having good time with MQX and new DX5e.tx. Recieved new Exceed Ladtbird V2 with new style canopy. Fun flyer and looks fine flying. Against gut feeling and knowing better tried V400D02 indoors and was doing fine till bird got in bad spot. Did some damage and striped a servo. Plus broke some plastic mounts. Now wait game from China...>ba...humbug dam vendors allway out of what you need !!! Shame on Walkrea for worst servos made. Same problem with Master c/p. They knew far in advance about TRASH servos from V400D02 and use same one s for M C/P. They better wake up as WL toys/ and others are going to bury them shortly. Keep making trash and see what happens. Shame/ Shame for LOW Quality components. Bird hit end of my bed and fell a foot from carpeted floor. Broke both plastic mounts that hold top of heli together and striped out a servo.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,622 Posts
Not just Walkera

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Having good time with MQX and new DX5e.tx. Recieved new Exceed Ladtbird V2 with new style canopy. Fun flyer and looks fine flying. Against gut feeling and knowing better tried V400D02 indoors and was doing fine till bird got in bad spot. Did some damage and striped a servo. Plus broke some plastic mounts. Now wait game from China...>ba...humbug dam vendors allway out of what you need !!! Shame on Walkrea for worst servos made. Same problem with Master c/p. They knew far in advance about TRASH servos from V400D02 and use same one s for M C/P. They better wake up as WL toys/ and others are going to bury them shortly. Keep making trash and see what happens. Shame/ Shame for LOW Quality components. Bird hit end of my bed and fell a foot from carpeted floor. Broke both plastic mounts that hold top of heli together and striped out a servo.
If it makes you feel better ( and it probably won't) it's not just Walkera servos. I am a Newbie to 6 ch with a Skyartec Wasp x3V FBL and I've gone through 9 servos ( both Skyartec and CYS) and a couple of sets of plastic replacement gears. I just ordered 4 metal geared servos today. I just hope I don't break more expensive parts if the gears don't strip. FBL helis put a lot of stress on the servos.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Getting better at forward flight with the 120SR but left turns are still kicking my ***. Was doing fine and decided to try turning left and smacked into a display and bounced off two shelves before skidding across the floor.

I'm such a good "durability tester" as my manager calls it haha!
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:11 AM
Do not fear my avatar ...
United States, NY, WOODHAVEN
Joined Dec 2012
212 Posts
Took the v911 to the master bedroom which is bigger than the living room. Much less of the heli surfing on its own wake. I'm controlling hovers better. Directed flight not so good.
elburromjf is offline Find More Posts by elburromjf
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:44 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,513 Posts
I have a U816 quad and V939 both are sliders. V939 is even the worst quad out there. I fly it as it helps to fly FBL helis. The V939 will not stay put but you can fly it. U816 is better but real POS TX. After bad secession with V400D02 I took it real easy with Master c/p. I like this bird but am very slow and easy. All went well. then tried V200D01. Nice heli but easy to break. I really like the brusless motor. Again nice and easy and short flight went well. .Good day and called it a day.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
My V922 finally arrived! Flew it in a room as well as outdoors. It's nice to have a micro heli that can be flown in light winds. If it had been my V911, it would be lost in the wind!
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
My V922 finally arrived! Flew it in a room as well as outdoors. It's nice to have a micro heli that can be flown in light winds. If it had been my V911, it would be lost in the wind!
I love wind surfing with my v911 that being said one does have to be careful its to cold to fly outside where i am at so indoors only.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
I worked today, but with the little bit of snow on the ground here in Dallas almost nobody else did. So, my son-in-law and granddaughter came in at lunchtime and he and I flew as much as we could first in the lobby, and then after the coax charged up, in a lab. In the lab Marcela flew her Dad's coax,

and Reggie flew my v911 most of the time.

The coax was Reggie's Christmas present and the v911 was mine. Of course, since I bought it, my v911 got much serious testing before Christmas. After flying it today I suspect he likes the v911 a little better. May be buying another one for me and sending that one with them. That's code for I'll probably order a v922 and a BNF v911 for me. I'm not ready for the v922 yet, but hopefully soon. These little copters are sure addictive.

George
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:00 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,638 Posts
I had about two and one-half inches of snow on the ground where I live in North Texas so I put my full coverage foam canopy on my V929 and took it outside with the temperature at about 20 degrees. I have thin legs added to it that hold it up about an extra 2 inches. FC foam canopy is a few grams heavier, but it flew fine. Landed in the snow and took off several times, left square prints of the bottom of the canopy, and fout little holes where the legs went in. Made a video with my head cam and did some flips, almost overexposed because of all the snow and the sun. Called it quits after the third unplanned rotors down landing. Then right after sundown, again about 20 degrees, flew my 9958 with a headlight. Tried to land on the surface of the snow, didn't work, but I could set it down by hand on the surface. Too cold, called it quits
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:40 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Malua Bay
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Took the v911 outdoors today, Still stocky standard but tears around on the faster rate. Blew through 2 batteries back to back. My bird got attacked by a dragon fly which was hilarious. Abit of left cyclic and max throttle created bug splatter all over my clean canopy

Love these birds. Im trying to start a v911 thread outlining the best bang for the busk upgrades to the v911 with focus on batteries and flybars

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796546

see you v911 owners over there
Diablos is offline Find More Posts by Diablos
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)