HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
388 Posts
I've been flying my Genius CP off and on all weekend in the backyard. It has been beautiful sunny and relatively warm for South Dakota here lately. A little windy but I am learning to handle the wind much better the more I practice.

6 packs today without any need to hit the TH switch! Every landing was soft AND planned!

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Aug 2006
59 Posts
ever since i got my V120D02S V2 up and running with a new rudder servo, i've been flying every morning (when winds are calm) in my fave vacant lot near our house along with my trusty and reliable 2ea hisky FBL100s. i have a total of
19pcs 1s lipos among those three so its non stop flipping and tumbling, inverted circuits, etc...

been having a few minor crashes and since i fly on grass, most of the time the helis escape unscathe (quick on the TH) with their unscheduled landings. the V120 only does require some gluing of the B-gear to the drive shaft since the D-hole is pretty much rounded out already from heavy use.

i'm also in the process of getting another V120D02S so i can alternate days flying either model of heli avoiding the constant mix/confusion of having two types of TX (to bring) with flight mode and TH on opposing sides of the box! it is always nice to have at least two or even more of the same bird in order to be constantly flying and no more waiting for motors to cool off between flights.

that way i am out for an hour or so of really good quality flying! though it can be mentally tiring at first especially when you are trying to learn new tricks. when i learned inverted, i can only fly a few packs before i retire for the day coz my mind is so tired my fingers are already moving the wrong way when i go back to upright!

happy flying to everyone out there, anywhere you are in the world!
hawk01 is offline Find More Posts by hawk01
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:47 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,230 Posts
Three packs on the good ol CP2 out back before work. Man it felt so good to get out and fly! I just put an gy401 on the model with excellent results; I've been buying the gyros used and have been mounted them on all my birds. I still run fly barred helis and I love being able to pick up the gy401s so cheap :-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:24 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,350 Posts
Flew couple of quads and couple of 4 ch f/p helis and trired new Genius c/p just to check it out. I need more work but it handles better than Super F/P. FBL F/P I found out have big issues in ground affect. Mine will scoot hard to rear and pull right big time. The C/P rose easily off ground but is slippery. Try again later as this is doable. Breaking new ground here. Later flew two V911's to relax and then two 9958's. Good day flying wise.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:02 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
At the gym

Four batts thru the new SR 120; still trying to figure out the d/r&expo and mixes that didn't transfer over from the old heli. Only one midair - a heavy coax took off fast just as I passed overhead taking out one of my favorite chopped, tracked and balanced blades. Gotta love this hobby, but don't get too attached to "consumable" parts!

Four batts thru the Champ dodging foamies, vapors and embers. Turned off the mixes in favor of working on my "thumb skills".
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:04 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
Four batts thru the new SR 120; still trying to figure out the d/r&expo and mixes that didn't transfer over from the old heli. Only one midair - a heavy coax took off fast just as I passed overhead taking out one of my favorite chopped, tracked and balanced blades. Gotta love this hobby, but don't get too attached to "consumable" parts!

Four batts thru the Champ dodging foamies, vapors and embers. Turned off the mixes in favor of working on my "thumb skills".
-That sounded like an excellent Fun-Fly at the gym!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
260 Posts
Super FP , bad day (1 min 5 sec)

I stink out side but I'm learning. I can hover great inside. Just working on moving about and rooms are to small for that with this heli.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
388 Posts
Took a break at lunch today since it is generally too dark anymore when I get off work. It was snowing, lightly but very little wind. The Genius was great! It took me awhile to learn to hit the throttle hold, now that I have that down I am starting to hit the throttle hold less and less and instead am giving myself a little height and actually recovering when it starts to get away from me a bit.

I don't think my Genius minded the light snow at all!

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:27 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,230 Posts
One pack on the King V2 out back this morning a little after sunrise with snow flurries :-)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:49 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,350 Posts
Couple os shake down hovering with Master c/p. Nice heli and sure will like it. Flew MQX/ V911/V929/L/bird V1 etc. All flew fine.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:40 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,230 Posts
Two packs on the MSR inside; it's snow and rain outside...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:08 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,444 Posts
Just because I had not even touched it in at least 2months and because the wind was maybe 2 to 4 miles per hour, I flew my Syma S033g. Still works, still remember how to fly 3 channel, but not good in any wind Then I flew my V929 a couple times, got it stuck up in a pecan tree about 12 feet up, managed to shake it out of the tree. Then I flew my 911rx/9958 and had an unplanned landing in a cedar tree about 10 feet up, managed to get it out and fly some more. I also dive bombed the cat and dog a few times with the V929 which caused more unplanned landings
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
260 Posts
I would like to thank Horizon Hobby for throwing in the red canopy/tail as a Christmas present. They knew with my MS something about the blue canopy's my eyes can't focus on them to track them properly.

A short vid. Put in 2 flights.
MSR v2 (0 min 46 sec)
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Now THAT was fun!

It's too cold to ride and probably will be until next April, but a few of the guys from my church's informal "motorcycle gang" hung around after our Wednesday morning "geezer" Bible study. We got the custodian to turn on the lights and raise the hoops in the mullet porpoise room so we could fly!

Although they have little to no experience with rc, two of the guys have been fooling around with their Syma S107's but were a little frustrated at having to fly at home by themselves. I brought along my 120SR, two MCX2's, a Champ and enough tx's so everyone could get more "stick time" - we had a ball!

I have eight each of the 160mAh and 550mAh batts and four of the OEM chargers that came with my original ARF's plus my programmable charger so there was no waiting except for cooldowns between flights. Everyone got to fly several times over the 2 1/2 hours we had, and we were also able to get a lot of questions answered about mechanical adjustments, tx trims, battery management etc.

The guys went away really "charged up" about our hobby. It may even turn into a church club!
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:57 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
It's too cold to ride and probably will be until next April, but a few of the guys from my church's informal "motorcycle gang" hung around after our Wednesday morning "geezer" Bible study. We got the custodian to turn on the lights and raise the hoops in the mullet porpoise room so we could fly!

Although they have little to no experience with rc, two of the guys have been fooling around with their Syma S107's but were a little frustrated at having to fly at home by themselves. I brought along my 120SR, two MCX2's, a Champ and enough tx's so everyone could get more "stick time" - we had a ball!

I have eight each of the 160mAh and 550mAh batts and four of the OEM chargers that came with my original ARF's plus my programmable charger so there was no waiting except for cooldowns between flights. Everyone got to fly several times over the 2 1/2 hours we had, and we were also able to get a lot of questions answered about mechanical adjustments, tx trims, battery management etc.

The guys went away really "charged up" about our hobby. It may even turn into a church club!
-Sounds like the beginnings of a new r/c club :-)