Got my new Walkers Super FP
How do you like it ?
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:13 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
I replaced flybar on my S/P 270A and put in a new 160ma Turnigy battery. Battery works fine and heli flys nice but have to change to outer ball on S/plate. Foward speed is slow and must have been set up on outer balls before. This and my T-Rex 100X I can raise vertical from heli-pad dead sqare on. No drift or sliding. Then my must fly V929 went well. Then my favorite flyer Scorpion Y-6 with Devo 7 TX. Concluded with a flight on V911. Fall has shown up here in Tucson. Cool in morning but still get pretty warm during the day. Time very soon to take act outside. Fly the bigger stuff. Quads/ 250 sixed birds and perpare for C/P. I don't like hardcore 3D but want some stunt action.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:01 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,204 Posts
Six packs on the KingV2 out back. I swapped out a telebee mini Zoom gyro for a used GY401 I picked up from a RC Groups member here, and man, this model is flying real nice...
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Last edited by elan; Sep 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:24 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined May 2010
62 Posts
With the choppy breeze we have today, the word "fly" might not be exactly right, but I did manage to keep the Solo Pro 328 in the air for 4 batteries.
livingword26 is offline Find More Posts by livingword26
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:17 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,496 Posts
Indoors only at the moment, because of the autumn weather. So my stock SP270 was picked from the "hangar". Amazingly stable, even when very close above the ground, very acceptable motor noise, can be flown very slow and precise, yet also agile enough. I can do slightly more tricks with the Bravo SX when flying in a confined space like our living room, but the low noise levels of the stock 270 slowly pushes it towards being my current fav indoorheli.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:20 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
Flew a pack through V929/ then flew my Walkrea Y-6 and had a good time. Later this aftrernoon recieved my OR Walkrea Ladtbird V1 bnf. It bound to Devo 7 TX that I use for Y-6 easy. I have a few nano teck 260ma batteries that are charged and took a quick flight on L/B. Very nice and very stable. Y-6 is quicker.
Tomorrow I will give them a workout. I am very happy with the Y-6 and sure L/B will be great also. I almost bought the stripped down el cheapo version but wanted bird that started it all. Glad I did. Devo 7 TX is velvet smooth compared to the Toy TX's or bulky T9X.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:18 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
How do you like it ?
Loved it the first 2 flights. Then things turned ugly. XHeli's C.S. and a hobby shop thinks the mixing board went out. XHeli is exchanging it for me.
Rich Knapp is online now Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:36 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,496 Posts
Maybe Walkera switched to the manufacturer that first made receivers for Nine Eagles? As there has been a time when receiver failures (mostly the servos) were getting common on the Solo Pro 260 and Bravo SX, but lately not so much are reported to fail.

Flew a battery on my 270, indoors.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:22 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
My v911 has seen two or more packs every day this week, although she is getting a little twitchy on the rudder and the batteries are fading fast ( one swelling from being caught in a tree for several days, the other has had it's share of hard landings ). I have a feeling I will fly this bird into the ground soon, just in time for the BNF and other units too arrive!

It is nice to get to a point where crashing is something that usually only happens when experimenting.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:47 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Flew 3 packs thru the 120SR this morning in light breeze..light humidity in swfl felt good ..Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:29 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,715 Posts
Finally got my DX6i back from Horizon Hobby with a brand-new radio board & trainer switch.

In celebration, I put 2 packs in my MSRs before bed.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
Today was kind of special. Flew both V929's then, two V911's and all went fine. My Walkrea Ladybird V1. showed up the other day and flew it . Then flew Walkrea Scorpion Y-6. Both birds fly great and with Devo 7 TX are very smooth and percise control. The special part is being able to fly them back to back with same TX. I have not had to set trims on either bird and they fly similar but are different, Y-6 is quicker but not by much. Ladybird a little more flyer friendly. I dig helis big time but these muti Rotors are pretty darn good. Most of my mico 100 sized helis are flown from stock small TX's, Y-6/ L/Bird from Deco 7. . This TX is very smooth and percise. I have read about some bashing Walkrea, if so send me your no good Walkrea stuff. Gladly take it off your hands. There is alot of very good info on this forum, but there is also malcontents. When Walkrea makes a product that flys straight right out of box..I'm all in. They do !!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:22 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew 4 packs in the 120SR this moorning again in light breeze ..waiting on my FP ..can fly that in a little more wind..Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,204 Posts
One pack hovering an Esky FP2 rebuild in my livingroom (it's raining outside) that I am getting sorted out for shipment to my Dad in FLA :-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:20 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
Had a good flight with Helios 100. Waited over four weeks but it did arrive. Nice flyer and pretty smooth. Then old trusty V929 orange one. U 816 quad was next and got full flight without knocking off any blades. Controls act better in hi-rates but its pretty quick, but getting use to it. My favorites for last Walkrea Scorpion Y-6/ then the Ladybird V1. Both are outstabding flyers and mucho fun to fly. I like all my birds but these two I like the best so far. I don't see much posted on Y-6 and its a very nice bird and handels fine. Clones are fine but there is a difference. The price clones go for is amazing.