HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew 4 packs this morning on the 120SR ..this makes 3 days in a row flying 4 packs ..wind has been cooperating. Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venicebill View Post
I flew 4 packs this morning on the 120SR ..this makes 3 days in a row flying 4 packs ..wind has been cooperating. Happy flying
I flew another 4 packs this morning jn light wind...it was a challenge keeping it up wind..My 120SR is all stock including the batteries and a couple additional of the same battery. I am very happy that the wind has been cooperating.4 packs in each of the last 4 days.
Happy flying. i
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:35 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,656 Posts
One battery at dawn on the MiniCP. Felt much better than the days before, no unwanted acceleration, so the heli stayed within orientation range.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:35 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,223 Posts
A pack on the MSR. It felt good to fly!
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew 4 packs again this morning on the 120SR that makes 5 days straight with 4 packs....Happy Flying
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:36 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,169 Posts
Flew my two V929's and very nice. Then flew U 816 and managed to pop off three blades. Amazing put them back on and it flew fine. I am going to try Walkrea Blades on this from Ladybird V 1. I would not fly this ingrass as blades are tiny and will be easy to lose. Flew my oldest V911 and newest one. Both fly very well and only difference is throddle is just a little quicker with newer one. So far pretty impressed with batteries on all these birds. Some V911 batteries have alot of use. Charger with usb cord is doing a good job.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:42 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,656 Posts
4 bats on the MiniCP. Crashed it on the second battery (seems I better skip it next time, and fly the 3rd battery right away ) due to slight loss of orientation, followed by incorrect right aileron input, putting the heli on it's side, so it dropped down. Low altitude, and had the throttle to zero in time, I think. Afterwards flew 2 more batteries, and the heli seemed fine.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flkew 4 more packs this morning on the 120 believe that makes 7 straight days flying 4 packks each day..now I probably have spoiled it and the wind will be up tomorrow. Happy flying.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:36 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Half a dozen packs on the new v911 over the course of several hours.. Still very rough, but I'm getting better at takeoff and landing at least. So far it's been indoors only since the wind has not cooperated.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined May 2010
62 Posts
Flew 8 batteries through the SP 328. I am really starting to enjoy this heli.
livingword26 is offline Find More Posts by livingword26
Last edited by livingword26; Sep 08, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:52 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,169 Posts
Only flew one bird so far today but it was very good. My little wire solder stand help make replacing bad tail motor a bit easier. My most quiet V911 had a bad tail motor. I bought small clips from Radio shack and model railroad wire to make stand. It holds wire where you want it and no tension on wire. V911 tail wire is brittle and breaks very easily. Before I install new tail motor hot glue wires that go into motor to prevent them from breaking. I had one break right at end ot motor. Anyway its flying again. When my 9958 tail motor arrives it should be easy to fix. Main reason even bother fixing $20.00 heli is it flys so well and waste not want not. Plus if you can repair 100 size the 250/ 350/450 size will be alot more fun to work on.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I knew it ..the wind came up and i only was able to fly one pack this morning.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:43 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,770 Posts
9 batteries between my two mSRXs today out at the soccer field. It was moderately windy today and so I had a BLAST doing some serious wind surfing. I'm sure that I wouldn't have been able to fly any of my flybarred micros so I didn't even try.

The additional throttle needed to power through the wind limited my flights to 3:30 rather than my usual 4:00. I had 4 of my flights end with the heli powering down when the LVC limit was reached!
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 05:01 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Forgot how many packs I went through today. Getting to the point where I can fake proficiency at flying. Last pack I was flying with some light and gusty wind that took the v911 far to high and lost track over a playground. found it on the far side in the grass no worse for the wear. Mental note, that was too much wind for my skill level.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:29 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,760 Posts
Been grounded for a while now 10 m/s average winds, a servo shorted on my minicp and all m v911 rotor blades have split where the screw is.
Been a depressing 2 weeks. Mini will be fixed by tomorrow with servo and brushless, but weather report lists rain and wind for a week.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk