HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:27 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,909 Posts
I built my first paddled flybar for my V911s and tried it out. I only hovered and did some really slow tight circuits and figure 8s but so far so good!!! I'll be trying it out some more tonight...
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:03 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,685 Posts
A few batteries on the MiniCP, outside and inside.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:35 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,630 Posts
Flew my V929 and the more I fly it the better I like it. Then flew U816 mini quad and did not to bad. You need to fly this one 100% but its fun. Flew my oldest V911 and amazed on how well it still flys. Batteries are still very good.
I bought a V400D02 as Xheli had them for $114.00 w free shipping. Stock battery is $38.00 for 3 cell 1200ma. ouch !! I had bought from Xheli a 1350ma Gens-ace battery and with very slight movement of power cable it fits as good as stock battery + more ma and higher quality. $13.50 cost. I will get another plus have a 1300ma battery someware that may also fit. I most likely convert this one to brushless and replace stock servos. Still a nice bnf 400 sized Walkera heli for a little over $100.00 is ok by me. Some have issues with this bird , but someone allways finds fault. Others love this heli and its purdy.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,909 Posts
Put my V911 paddled flybar through its first real test last night and it really performed well! Flew my stock V911 right before it as a baseline. So far I'm quite pleased and will be making another paddled flybar for the stocker.

Rebuilt my original S107G coaxial heli last night as well (replaced the RX board). I put on some snazy black Helizone Firebird parts (canopy, blades, and tail decorations) in celebration. Also added a stronger tail rotor to give it more zip. Fantastic maiden flight.

Finally, I broke out my MCX S300 for another flight (been about a month) and marveled at the grace and stability of that little coaxial heli. Quiet, too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:57 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,630 Posts
S107G was first mico and it worked well. Gave it to my neighbor in excellent condition. Then bought a H/K 136 and still going strong. Flys well but its no F/P single rotor. I fly this with my quads as no problem tail hitting soft surface. Don't need my heli-pad. More airtime on my V929's. Wanted to get V939 but hear it has issues ?? Pulled triger on Walkrea Ladybird V-1. bnf version as have Devo tx. T-mart has it for $74.99 , plus 8% discount code. Total was under $69.00 Also flew U 816 rock and rolla but fun.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,317 Posts
Four packs at the park and ride; three on the EXI 450, and then the wind dropped so I flew a pack on the king V2 to boot. Man, what a nice way to unwind after work. Folks, it seems to me that we have one heck of a hobby here (when it's good it's real good, and when it's bad it's real bad :-)
elan is online now Find More Posts by elan
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:36 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,685 Posts
A few packs on the 270 as well.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew 2 packs 0n the 120SR this morning..it was a little breezy but no mishaps. Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:03 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Yes I flew 4 packs on the 120SR this morning..love this little heli/ Happy Flying.
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,909 Posts
Put in 4 flights on my pair of MSRXs to unwind after work. It's been two weeks since I flew them indoors and boy, was I out of practice maneuvering in tight spaces! I'll need to fly these guys a bit more regularly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,909 Posts
It was a little breezy today so I took my V911s and 9958s out for a spin. I had 110mm paddled flybars on the V911s and experimented with them. They're a bit more squirrely with the flybars and I might need to make those flybars shorter because I still got canopy strikes, but they fly well and definitely need more airtime. The 9958s performed very well as usual (also with paddled flybars).

Got in 9 flights total before the wind picked up and I had to pack it in.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:51 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined May 2010
62 Posts
Flew a couple of batteries through my SoloPro 328 after I took off the Xtreme head, and put the stock one back on. (except for the Xtreme flybar). It was a much better experience than with the Xtreme head. Wind was 6 mph (according to Weather Watcher). It sometimes was all I could do to keep it pointed into the wind, but I did it. More later when the breeze dies down.
livingword26 is offline Find More Posts by livingword26
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:41 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,685 Posts
2 and 1/2 battery on the Mini CP, first battery was nice, controlled circuits, figure 8s, a little side in hover training. Second battery was more erratic, let the heli get away and lost orientation. I did see I was making it tilt nose and tail in some crazy angles as I operated elevator to regain orientation, but managed to get it under control again. A slight breeze came up, and during one circuit downwind, the heli went into a shallow dive, from which I could not make it recover. Close to the ground I slammed the throttle down (still not used to throttle hold) and "planted it down" on the concrete. Good thing it was jut a few cm above the ground when I slammed the stick down, so no damage. Flew a third battery after that, to verify then heli was still ok, but found no problems.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,909 Posts
Pretty windy today so I tested out my custom paddled 100mm V911 flybars. Overall, the helis performed okay but the wind was definitely in control. I think the shortened (lighter) flybars work well for rapid changing directions but for long pushes in one direction they might not be as good as the longer weighted flybar. Flew 4 batteries between the two.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:48 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Flew 4 packs thru my newly rebuild, ultra-light and ultra-tight v929, with new booms and props.

What a blast !
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter