HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:58 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,691 Posts
One battery on the MiniCP a little after sunrise. Need to be a little more easy on the aileron at times but I'm gettiing more in control. Landing was very good, so a nice conclusion to a succesful training flight.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:18 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,169 Posts
Had my V400D02 in the air for six minutes, then stalled and crashed dodging a soccer goal net (who put that there?!). Flew the Genius CP for a while, then the V120D02S because the Genius batteries were stale. Went home and fixed the V400D02 (tail motor holder and skid), flew five batteries off a hilltop overlooking tundra - a few spruce trees but no goal nets! The wind off the bluff made a challenging updraft! Yahooo!

V400D02 on Murphy Dome 1 (6 min 33 sec)
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Last edited by mutski; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:54 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I di not fly today ...too windy for the 20SR will see how it goes this evening .Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Last edited by venicebill; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
Had my V400D02 in the air for six minutes, then stalled and crashed dodging a soccer goal net (who put that there?!). Flew the Genius CP for a while, then the V120D02S because the Genius batteries were stale. Went home and fixed the V400D02 (tail motor holder and skid), flew five batteries off a hilltop overlooking tundra - a few spruce trees but no goal nets! The wind off the bluff made a challenging updraft! Yahooo!

http://youtu.be/vYTJ2r90KJs
How do you like the V400D02 ??
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:27 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,169 Posts
Dankar04 - I LOVE the V400D02. After replacing the stock servos with metal-gear EXD213f servos and that main motor with a brushless main motor from RTF Heli. The stock servos have nylon gears and strip too easily! It's really fun to fly, and I get 10-minute flights with a 2200mah battery. I have had trouble with tail motors, though; another failure today. I'm in the process of ordering the brushless tail motor from RTF Heli. If you are considering buying one, consider looking for a used one with the metal servos and brushless main already installed. Or look at the V450D02, which comes new with a brushless main and metal gear servos. The V450D01 has a belt-driven tail though; I'm not sure you'd get 10-minutes flights.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew one pack this morning in light wind before the wind picked up with my 120SR..had 3 more packs ready to go but too windy.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:25 PM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Jul 2012
40 Posts
After I fixed the tail motor on my v911, I put about 4 batteries through it, first 3 inside trying to lose my 'automatic' 3ch coaxial rudder control and get used to mode 2, and be able to hover and do some nose-in practice.
Then went outside, and even on low rates was able to surf around on the gusty breeze, dodging the cars and washing line out the back. A few crashes into the garage wall, in one the lipo flew off into a very populated garden bed and took a while to find.
Getting heaps of vibes, so I think the kinked FB (was bent in transit somehow) has to go, just have to wait for the replacement to arrive and get the paddles on it.
Great fun little heli.
Deefa is offline Find More Posts by Deefa
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:51 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
Dankar04 - I LOVE the V400D02. After replacing the stock servos with metal-gear EXD213f servos and that main motor with a brushless main motor from RTF Heli. The stock servos have nylon gears and strip too easily! It's really fun to fly, and I get 10-minute flights with a 2200mah battery. I have had trouble with tail motors, though; another failure today. I'm in the process of ordering the brushless tail motor from RTF Heli. If you are considering buying one, consider looking for a used one with the metal servos and brushless main already installed. Or look at the V450D02, which comes new with a brushless main and metal gear servos. The V450D01 has a belt-driven tail though; I'm not sure you'd get 10-minutes flights.
Thanks for reply. Main reason I have not ordered one is brushed motors. I know about cheap nylon geared servos. Cool looking heli and FBL to boot. Cheers,Dan
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
i FLEW THE 120SR TODAY AGAIN IN LIGHT WIND ..WHAT A BLAST..BUT WIND PICKED UP A LITTLE MUCH FOR THE 120 SO HAD TO QUIT..HAPPY FLYING
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:28 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,691 Posts
Kk x250

I flew a LiPo in my KK X250 Quad before the rain today, to test piros and maybe finally do some turns.
In a lightbulb moment I realised my Yaw settings were totally wack! likely why it wobbled with any rudder. Tried out new settings, and Wow.. it's stable enough to do turns with her now! thank baby jeezus!
I was having Fun trying various turns in the breezyness, until loss of concentration= 2 broken props. i blame it on the interloper and sirens

X250 good Yaw settings (7 min 12 sec)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew the 120SR two packs today before the rain arrived..Happy flying
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew 4 packs on the 120SR this morning..it could not have been a nicer morning for flying..not too bad for an 89 yrs young..Happy flying
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:58 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Took my "new" (ebay) Twister Skylift up for its second flight so I could practice hovering some more. The kids hid behind some chairs and marveled at the prop wash of this "too-big-for-indoors" coaxial tandem.

Then I went out and bought a Spektrum AR400 to replace the 72MHz RX that it came with. Installed it last night and I'll be testing that later today.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:09 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
5 batts through the 120 SR on the h.s. soccer field. 1st flight ended in a crash, fortunately on fairly tall grass. No damage except the tail rotor & bearing popped off proving once again (to me anyway ) that the bearing only prevents the tail rotor from sliding far enough onto the motor shaft.

Last flight was the best - flew a 1300mAh batt. Stopped the flight at 5 minutes due to fear of overheating. Shouldn't have worried; the battery was cold and the motors barely warm.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:52 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Did not fly this morning a little too much wind for the 120SR will check this evening barring no thunder storms Happy flying