SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:04 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,176 Posts
Hey Zadaw, I hope Hong Kong is recovering from the storm! How's it going?
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, NC, Whitsett
Joined Jun 2012
39 Posts
New pilot here.

Had a great night flying at the local softball field this evening. Was able to fly 5 packs, alternating between a pair of Walkera CB180Z's. My first attempt at the field last week resulted in about 10 minutes worth of flight then a two heli's to repair. Tonight I flew for over an hour straight and only replaced a single main blade (landed in the grass that was a little too tall and it tangled up). Overall, I'm extremely happy!

Finally graduated from hovering in the driveway for hours each evening to doing figure 8 circuits, getting used to forward flight, and practicing nose in flight.
chrisnc is offline Find More Posts by chrisnc
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:01 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,871 Posts
Took my MSRs out to the park for some exercise. Flew about an hour. The MSRX would have joined them but it's had two broken blade grip balls (just finished replacing the grips...) The wind was a little gusty at times and so I spent a little time hovering and doing circuits where I worked on telling the helis where to go--not the other way around. Also worked on my DX6i settings. There's a fine line between having maximum tail authority and having a turn devolve into a frantic piro. It's hard to find that line with this heli.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:48 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,109 Posts
Flying my S/P 270A and hit ceiling vert cover and down it came. My horror that cover plate came crashing down on top of my fine flying heli. Knocked off gear but heli was fine. I just tapped it and down it came. Couple of flights on 270A and couple V911 flights and called it a session. I have a H/K 136 co-ax 4 ch 2.4 and still fly it as it flys very well indoors. I can not belive how much air time it has a still as good as new. Original battery is shot but Turnigy battery doing very well. I was going to give this away like the S107G but it has been a help and feels like old friend. Soon I'll retire it as need for speed. I save the boxes as I retired Drift-king and one 9958. The 9958 tail motor is bad and don't see much sense fixing it as have another , plus four V911's.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:49 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,253 Posts
2 batteries on my "holiday-heli" the SP260. This time on a bigger area than earlier this holiday, still not enough space to go out full, but much better than the small road our holiday cottage is located at.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Had my first really locked in hover of the 250 DFC! I still have a couple of tweaks to make to the tail gains but I'm really starting to get happy with the way this thing is flying.

I'm really looking forward to taking it to the park saturday so I can stretch it's legs a little! I'll have to go early to avoid the wind. It's monsoon season here in Tucson so it's hot + humid + windy and lightning if you're lucky
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:00 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,288 Posts
I flew today, sort of; I ran down a pack to storage voltage hovering in my livingroom on my CP2. Of course, I was sure I'd get to fly that pack when I charged it :-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:10 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,871 Posts
Built a 9958 from all my spare parts this weekend. Stuck a MSR flybar on it and finally had two complete (non-testing non-tweaking non-adjusting) flights out of it. Figure 8s are fun!
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:06 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,109 Posts
Took a V911 outside but there was a breeze. It was flyable but need to gine alot of foward flight to keep it going. [yeah no kidding] Took both V911's into living room and avoided crashes. With A/C blowing makes for intersting flying.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:26 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
Hey Zadaw, I hope Hong Kong is recovering from the storm! How's it going?
My neighborhood is still a bit beaten up several days after the storm, with fallen trees still everywhere. I was able to fly a few days after the storm. There were lots of dragonflies around and many got sucked into rotor blades of my V120D02S.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Mar 2010
63 Posts
I had put my helis away for the time being, about 3-4 months ago.I was just starting to ween myself off them then last week an old friend gave me his MSR which he had stopped using.Well i'm back on 6 packs a day!!!!! Easy but fun flying,and great for indoors being half the weight approx of standard 4#3b.
MODASL is offline Find More Posts by MODASL
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:56 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,253 Posts
A few batts on the SP 260, still on holiday here. Wish I had a bigger airfield, but on the other hand it's a challenge to make it soar with trees and a fence so near...
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:12 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,253 Posts
Back home again, flew 2 packs outside on the SP270. Second time outside, the first time ended up crashing, due to over control and too small airspace. Now I had the room to adjust to this heli, which handles again differently than the 260 and Bravo SX. It's a very smooth heli, also outside, and it looks good in wide sweeping turns, or low passes. It needs a little momentum to get some decent speed, unlike the lighter 260, which accelerates faster, also due to the forward shifted CoG on it. The 270 has more neutral CoG.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:29 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,109 Posts
The S/P 270A is nice smooth mico heli. Quiet and goof for indoors. The J4 TX is easy to use and has screen/ dual rates. Its smaller brother the 260A is a rock and rolla but fun heli. My T-Rex 100X has balls set on outside and TX has only full rates and in small area is easy to crash. It is very smooth and even more quite than S/P 270A. Just need a little more time and have it down. Plan on meeting Tucsonflyer tomorrow morning and see how another heli fan is doing. He is working with a 250 size heli and sounds real fine.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:34 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,109 Posts
Flew some V911's and had some fun..