Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:35 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
623 Posts
Yup, luckily the V929 comes with a set of extra blades, so I'm using those now, and I'm starting to fly better too, so hopefully these, together with the ones I ordered, will last me for a few months
It's amazing how well it performs flying in either direction, on the last battery I only used rudder to correct a few degrees every now and then, for all directional flying I only used aileron and elevator, with the quad facing away from me. It's so much easier and more intuitive to fly like this, especially on mode 2
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:10 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
-Be safe amigo!
Thanks, we are OK. Apparently, this is the first time in 13 years that the maximum warning signal had been hoisted. Although Hong Kong did not take a direct hit, the storm was upgraded to a super typhoon which is equivalent to a grade 5 hurricane.

There was such a bit racket at around 2 a,m. that my family could hardly sleep. We were lucky that only around a hundred people were injured with no deaths. The rail service was cut yesterday evening and thousands had to spend the night in a railway station. This morning, there were fallen trees strewn all around but they managed to open most of the roads.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:59 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Glad to hear you and your family are safe. Seems like most of Asia has dealt with too many natural disasters recently and I'm happy to hear this one turned out better than it could have.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,278 Posts
Speaking of natural disasters, we were hit here in Beijing by the worst thunderstorm in 60 odd years... and it took the lives of many. It flooded very badly in front of my workplace and it completely covered the wheels of the ebikes in the attached pictures in a matter of hours. I had to wade through the (toxic, I believe) water to get my bike out along with Nutta's bike. Anyways, we were lucky to have gotten out with the bikes because the water rose WAY over what you see in the pictures overnight.
The next day they had industrial pumps pumping out the water from the complex...the wind was howling but who could resist landing on the debris?!
(and Nutta challenged me to it) so here are the results!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Jul 24, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:22 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
623 Posts
Balls of Steel, haha, nicely done!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Thanks, we are OK. Apparently, this is the first time in 13 years that the maximum warning signal had been hoisted. Although Hong Kong did not take a direct hit, the storm was upgraded to a super typhoon which is equivalent to a grade 5 hurricane.

There was such a bit racket at around 2 a,m. that my family could hardly sleep. We were lucky that only around a hundred people were injured with no deaths. The rail service was cut yesterday evening and thousands had to spend the night in a railway station. This morning, there were fallen trees strewn all around but they managed to open most of the roads.
I have been under the weather for the past couple of weeks so have been out of touch ..I am so relieved that you and your family are safe and well...stay safe my friend.
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:59 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,533 Posts
雨中作乐,真有意思!(Having fun in the rain, so interesting!)
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
I was certainly not going to fly in this.

Video: Hong Kong hammered by violent typhoon Vincente (1 min 35 sec)

I had a feeling something was wrong a couple of days ago. The weather was extremely hot and humid and the sky suddenly turned dark at 5.00 pm. I saw something that looked like a mini tornado where lived and that was many hours before the typhoon struck.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:37 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
623 Posts
I had a great fly-day today. Not too windy, clear sky, and an empty parking lot a 2 minute walk from my home
Flew the beetle for a bit (only have 1 battery for it, for now), then flew 8 batteries with 2 v911. A few people looked funny at me, but no real interest, heh.
I didn't crash the beetle, and only crashed the v911's about 5 times. 7 out of 8 batteries I managed to land it perfectly next to my battery box when it was time to switch, and I practiced flying a big '8' around 2 traffic signs.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:23 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,278 Posts
Thanks cgpirre and FyreSG!
Zadaw, wow that looks crazy..I'm glad things are ok with you and your family...and that people only got hurt instead of killed...a typhoon as strong as that is VERY rare I think?
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:02 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
The sun came out yesterday evening long enough to put four batteries through the V400D02 and four through the V120s. I really got the V120D02S zipping in the wind! Had trouble adjusting to the V120D03 after the V400!
V120D02S very fast! (5 min 13 sec)

Goodness Zadaw, what a storm! I'm glad you're OK!
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Last edited by mutski; Jul 25, 2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:05 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I was certainly not going to fly in this.

http://youtu.be/pYRDHr1fwFc

I had a feeling something was wrong a couple of days ago. The weather was extremely hot and humid and the sky suddenly turned dark at 5.00 pm. I saw something that looked like a mini tornado where lived and that was many hours before the typhoon struck.
-That is a wild video! Glad to hear you and the family came through okay...
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Thanks for your best wishes, my neighborhood was still quite in a bad shape today. It was an unusually strong storm. It moved very slowly at first, which allowed it time to build up while it was at sea.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,154 Posts
I flew a pack on the good 'ol CP2 out back this evening. I had some surgery around my left eye two weeks ago and my eye was puffed shut for a week, so I couldn't fly. Then I got the flu, so I couldn't fly. Then, I got stung by a bee, and since I'm allergic to bee stings, you guessed it, I couldn't fly... But I flew tonight and man it felt good. Ah, heli-crack :-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:09 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,035 Posts
2 batts on the Solo Pro 260 aka V. First flight I was too close to the door, and the draft almost made me crash it. The on the front of the holiday home where we are staying, and that went much better. Not too much room, so no high speed stuff, but some gentle circuits and figure eights. Still very enjoyable.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member