HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:41 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,169 Posts
I flew 8 batteries between the V120d02s, V120d03 and V400d02. One unplanned landing with the D02s, but no damage. Otherwise no crashes, everything came home in one piece. Another great day!
mutski is online now Find More Posts by mutski
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:23 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,178 Posts
Great weather today so I brought my V929 quad for 2 battery worth of flight around downtown Singapore.

WLtoys V929 Beetle Ladybird Quad - Outdoor Flight #3 (Downtown Singapore) (10 min 8 sec)
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:33 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
Outdoors today for a couple of hours. 10 batteries between 2x V911s, 9958, H995, and a Trex 100X (1st time for Trex)

Light wind. The 911s and 995s handled it great. The Trex was blown around like a leaf. Head speed is too low, cyclic doesn't have enough authority to compensate, and the blades are pretty wide... I predict some modding ahead of me.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Just finished replacing chassis, swashplate, and tail with MH parts. Somehow got 2 servos on backward, and had opposite aileron. Forgot to check swashplate before check flight.
Talk about tipping over sideways. Found and fix problem.

Finished battery indoors, and then did 2 more outdoors before dark. Flies great, and now I have to adjust to how it responds, since it does not have the slop in blade pitch it did have with blade swash.
daveotlinux is online now Find More Posts by daveotlinux
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:35 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,972 Posts
2 batts on the Mini-CP, outside training. This thing gets moving fast, and then it's all hands on deck to prevent it from getting away. And a little over correction and it comes hauling back at you...

Orientation on a little distance is also not easy, with the dark stock canopy. I think I should try the red canopy instead. Still, I managed to not crash it, not run it into myself, and made a smooth landing on both batteries.

Edit: flew another 2 batteries, this time almost dead calm as the wind goes. Went much better, I was able to do some passes from left to right, and a few sortof turns.

Then took the Bravo SX for a little finishing flight, to relax.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jul 22, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:25 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,761 Posts
Micro Mania !!

Today was my best record for # of micos flown All four of my V911's, V929 Quad and my now favorite Solo-Pro 270A. Not just hovering but flying in small area. All did not crash and flew well. I bound my 9958 to Turnigy 9X TX / and TX is much larger than stock one. 9X works very well. My friend is long time flyer and has a bunch of 450-500 sized helis and was surprised on how well the 9958 handles. I just have to say these little birds are alot of fun. I have a long way to go but so far its been a great ride. Fly that bird and enjoy.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:07 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
It was Blade MSR day. It was a little bit windy so it was a perfect time to try out the new Xtreme CNC swashplates that I put into the MSRs. They performed well enough and I could get them to go where I wanted them to go (eventually). There was the typical ballooning effect with gusts of wind but I was able to fight through them eventually (give it forward elevator AND right aileron to get through it). One of my helis seems to have a weaker motor than the other though and I ended up crashing the weaker one once (knocked the canopy off!) when I was a little too low to the deck when a gust came up. It was fine though.

Then got out the MSRX and watched in great amusement as the heading-hold mode battled the wind--and won! I took it on some big circuits and marveled at the difference between the MSR and MSRX in the wind.

Then came home and did some indoor circuits and slow practice with the MSRX

Total of 9 flights (so far)
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:19 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I hit 50 flights on my 130X today. It has been perfect since I pulled it out of the box. I have been getting more agrssive with it now that I'm comfortable with it.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
took mqx down to park to try some rolls. first time trying and only had mqx for less than a week. got some of them right, others not so right (upside down in the grass) but the mqx survived without a problem. did some circuits with it and came home to get out the msrx and mcpx to get some practice indoor doing circuits etc. they are both only a week old. having fun with these things and they are virtually indestructable.
boof800f is offline Find More Posts by boof800f
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,705 Posts
Well I was flying...dead calm and great morning at my local football field, until the football guys showed up for the first practice of the year. Got distracted and crashed into the grass doing slow passes getting ready to land. The nerve of the dang football guys showing up!
I guess I'll have to get up even earlier now.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,260 Posts
I guess I won't be able to fly for a few days. A typhoon signal 10 has just been hoisted. This is the maximum warning possible and means that we may get a direct hit with the typhoon. Right now, it is very scary outside.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:01 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I guess I won't be able to fly for a few days. A typhoon signal 10 has just been hoisted. This is the maximum warning possible and means that we may get a direct hit with the typhoon. Right now, it is very scary outside.
-Be safe amigo!
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:17 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
^ +1

It's been day #3 of decent weather after 2 weeks of rain and wind and I've been making good use of it! Flew a few batteries with my v911, managed to break the landing skid on one. I misjudged the distance and hit a traffic sign pretty hard. But it's only the second damaged part in ~100 flights on 2 helicopters, and that includes a -lot- of crashes, especially in the first 50 flights!

And I had to replace the blades on my V929, practicing over pavement was not a good idea... Ordered a 3 pack of blade sets so I'll be ready for more damages, lol.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
^ +1

It's been day #3 of decent weather after 2 weeks of rain and wind and I've been making good use of it! Flew a few batteries with my v911, managed to break the landing skid on one. I misjudged the distance and hit a traffic sign pretty hard. But it's only the second damaged part in ~100 flights on 2 helicopters, and that includes a -lot- of crashes, especially in the first 50 flights!

And I had to replace the blades on my V929, practicing over pavement was not a good idea... Ordered a 3 pack of blade sets so I'll be ready for more damages, lol.
Nothing like being able to "pop" new parts on without a week or two of waiting. Problem is being able to predict which parts those are.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,972 Posts
Flew a few packs on the MiniCP today. I'm starting to feel some "connection" with the controls. In hover I already had that, but not when moving around. I was now able to make some turns, and have the heli pass from left to right between these. Practice and small stick movements seem the key to get there, slowly though...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan