HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I flew my 130X three packs. I crashed it onto asphalt twice. Just picked it up and flew it again. The 130X is tougher than I expected it would be.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:00 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,255 Posts
Flew V929 again, it hovers nice. Find 40% better for indors as better control. Couple of flights on V911's.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew my 120SR but only 1 pack this evening..It was windy all day and I just managed to get the flight in as the wind picked up again before I could get another pack in. I guess one is better than none.
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew my stock 120SR around noon time today in a light breeze and with light gusts it was a little challenging maintaining steady altitude hovering..so what's new. Oh yes...I am still flying stock.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:24 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,739 Posts
Flew flights 433 thru 440 with my 3 month old mCPX this morning. Last 147 flights have been brushless with a Black Dragon 5,600 HS and I am really enjoying it.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
3 cells on my lightly modded MSR X. Oorah!
marfi is offline Find More Posts by marfi
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,651 Posts
Good reason to get up early now that I fly mico airplanes. Dead calm mornings until 8am.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:38 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,695 Posts
1 pack on the MiniCP, outside. Much better control this time, I was able to make some turns without the heli getting away fast and far from me. At one moment the heli came flying at me again after a turn, but instead of mild panic like the time before, I realized it would fly over my head, let it pass over me, then made a left turn, brought it back, then set it back in hover. I'm far from there yet, but at least I'm making progress. Rounded off with a soft landing, even though there was a breeze. The Mini handles really well in ground effect, I could land it well before I could fly it.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:09 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venicebill View Post
Yikes...!!!
So did you fly today../it was a little too wind here in VT to fly the 120 this morning and afternoon so hope for little or no breeze this evening....

Well the wind dropped off enough to fly my 120SR two packs around 2100 utc this evening
I flew 40 packs in 4 sessions in the past 3 days with a Mini CP and two V120D02S. The Mini CP wasn't performing as well as before, possibly because I have left the batteries charged for the long time. Moving to the much more powerful V120D02S, I had trouble in controlling it at first. I had a high speed inverted crash onto a metal spectator stand within the first minute of flight. There was an awful racket and I was prepared for the worse. To my surprise, the heli was not damaged and I flew immediately afterwards.

This is why I prefer to fly just one heli for a whole session, even if they are the same model.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
5 packs on the MSRx. I finally figured out how to do left piros! It's all about actively controlling the bird's cyclic pitch as you do it. I need a lot more practice and I'll do the MMMod (or JBB mod) soon to see if that helps.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:25 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I flew 40 packs in 4 sessions in the past 3 days with a Mini CP and two V120D02S. The Mini CP wasn't performing as well as before, possibly because I have left the batteries charged for the long time. Moving to the much more powerful V120D02S, I had trouble in controlling it at first. I had a high speed inverted crash onto a metal spectator stand within the first minute of flight. There was an awful racket and I was prepared for the worse. To my surprise, the heli was not damaged and I flew immediately afterwards.

This is why I prefer to fly just one heli for a whole session, even if they are the same model.
I have a hard time going from the Genius to the V120DO2S. The V120 is just so much faster. I'm at a point where I would never crash anymore, except there seems to be a "dead spot" when I fly past the rooftops of me and my neighbors house. Both helis will just slide off into oblivion and I have to run out into the front yards to look for them. Last time was an awfully plastic crashing on cement sound, took me 10 mins to find the heli. The canopy popped off and was 10 ft away. A bit of scuffing, but no damage. No problem in the open field, just over rooftops, past them actually.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:33 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Today was absolute windsurfing day with my V929 ... Flown only 6 packs because of only 2lipos and slow chargers

Using a lot of throttle to gain altidude on upwind leg, then drifting downwind with maximum attack angle, and just enough throttle to let the quad gain a lot of speed but don't destablize it

It's amazing and i'm already wanting a hobbygrade quad and E9X radio for my toys

p.s. Love those comments from nearby backyards that airspace i sometimes invade
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:52 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,255 Posts
Flew my V929 and V911 and all went just dandy. UPS just delivered a spanky new E-Razor 450 Carbon Edition. Big jump but its really for later. There is so much stuff for 450 size helis that hard to ignore. Later..
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:48 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,169 Posts
No crash!!!

I flew my V400D02 around the soccer field today - just two batteries and conservative flying. But I didn't crash and nothing broke First time ever bringing it home intact, outside of hovering in the driveway.

And because this is the Micro forum, I'll add that I flew the V120D02S long enough to verify that the new tail servo I installed eliminated the jitter I noticed recently in the tail. Then it was getting too dark to keep oriented, so landed prudently and packed up.

NO CRASHES!
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post

That was surprising there was no damage after the crash into the metal bleachers. I agree with flying one model as each has its own characteristics.