SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:05 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Too windy today, but still basking in the glow of seven great flights with my 120 SR last night.

I use the undeveloped lot below my neighbor's house; it looks like a par 3 hole on a regulation PGA golf course complete with dogleg, serious changes in elevation and mature trees all around. There's even a large ash tree guarding the green at one end.

This is one tough birdI Clipped the ash on the 3rd flight; knocked a link loose but was able to pop it back on and keep going.

Maneuvering around the trees then flogging the heli a hundred yards down the fairway and up the steep 15' slope - what a rush!

After almost 500 flights I've stopped logging post-flight voltage and mAh "put back" on my batteries. They are amazingly consistent; a five-minute flight only costs me 380-400mAh, well within the capacity of my Hyperion and Protek 550's.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,246 Posts
I just flew a pack at sunset on the trusty 'ol CP2; light winds and smooth flying up high for six and a half minutes. Ahhhh, a heli fix :-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew 4 packs with the120SR today in light wind.
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
So because of my hours at work I've only been able to do 1 pack per day, but a new record I could have never reached with fixed wing is 10 straight days of at least one flight per day. I love fixed wing flying but I can't step into my tiny yard and fly fw, but with my 929 and 9958 if it is not raining I can fly whenever (my tiny yard also being very well insulated from wind).
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:48 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,873 Posts
A few packs basic hovering practice with the MiniCP. And one battery with the SP270.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:05 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,640 Posts
Flew my two newest V911's and flew well enough to use hi-rates in small area.

Tomorrow will fly 9958/S/P 260A/270A. T-Rex 100X. Local H/S has Great planes 6.5 sim and fly many different types RC Helis /planes. It is not real flying but does help. Real time/ and sim time are helping alot. I do want 6 ch later but these micos are fun and have good stock of them. No hurry and I take care of my stuff as best as I can.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:54 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2005
308 Posts
I flew 10 battery packs with the MCP X at a local, quiet baseball field that is lightly patrolled by the city ranger. The park rules state nothing about flying RC, so I have been flying there in the evenings-it is much nearer than the Rose Bowl.

I am now able to perform mild 3D in rather small parks (I have adjusted the TX rates to be able to perform close loops and rolls).

At home, I flew 3 packs with the MCX. My sister does not like that heli at all-for her, it is really annoying and sounds like a giant fly to her. She once told me, "Get that thing out of my room or I am going to put it in the toilet!"
Zé Povinho is offline Find More Posts by Zé Povinho
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,239 Posts
EEK! I almost stepped on a snake!

As I was heading towards the spot where I fly, I suddenly noticed some movement near my feet. To my horror, I saw a 3 ft snake running away from me and headed up a slope. I don't know what it was but I flew there anyway. But still I crashed within seconds of my first flight because I was so disturbed by it. I went to another spot eventually and managed to fly 10 packs.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:00 AM
NB Canada
Joined Apr 2008
461 Posts
I was going to fly today but didn't have time because I had to come on here and post this important message...
Beckler is offline Find More Posts by Beckler
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:46 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
As I was heading towards the spot where I fly, I suddenly noticed some movement near my feet. To my horror, I saw a 3 ft snake running away from me and headed up a slope. I don't know what it was but I flew there anyway. But still I crashed within seconds of my first flight because I was so disturbed by it. I went to another spot eventually and managed to fly 10 packs.
-That is too funny :-) Sorry about the crash tho...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:55 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
Too windy today, but still basking in the glow of seven great flights with my 120 SR last night.

I use the undeveloped lot below my neighbor's house; it looks like a par 3 hole on a regulation PGA golf course complete with dogleg, serious changes in elevation and mature trees all around. There's even a large ash tree guarding the green at one end.

This is one tough birdI Clipped the ash on the 3rd flight; knocked a link loose but was able to pop it back on and keep going.

Maneuvering around the trees then flogging the heli a hundred yards down the fairway and up the steep 15' slope - what a rush!

After almost 500 flights I've stopped logging post-flight voltage and mAh "put back" on my batteries. They are amazingly consistent; a five-minute flight only costs me 380-400mAh, well within the capacity of my Hyperion and Protek 550's.
-My Dad wants to try those Hyperion packs out on his 120 SR. It sounds like you've had good success with them...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:12 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
This is soooooo funny to me because of where i live. You were scared of a snake that ran away from you! My dog plays with garden snakes all the time. Here in Florida it's common knowledge that they are everywhere in the summer! Alligators and bugs too! Like mosquitos that will carry off a small child. But what most people don't know is that snakes are territorial and the little black racer snakes with hardly any teeth and no venom will chase off a rattle snake or other venomous breeds. So we just leave them running around in my yard for safety. God forbid my dog chases after a rattle snake or something. But i often chase one out of my screen enclosure on the back patio or when i go out the front door they scurry off. Harmless things, even the venomous breeds will often run and only strike when cornered or suddenly startled by being stepped on or something. They are really more scared of you then you are of them. Only a cobra would contest you and try and stand off with you. But we don't have those here.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Yes I flew my 120SR this morning and the wind is light so will give it a try around noon
thinking positive..will hopefully enjoy flying this evening with my son...I'm enjoying my time in VT.

I also flew two packs at noon.
Last edited by venicebill; Jul 11, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:29 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,873 Posts
MiniCP, one battery, before we had to eat dinner. Trying to get a better "on the spot" hover, so when I've got that grasped fully, circuits are next.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
No flying this morning too windy..wind did not die down last night so no additional flights with my 120SR after the 4 packs earlier in the day.

I did get a kick about the snake stories. I live in swFL...went out the front door of the linai one morning and had a two ft copper colored snake drop out of a small palm tree almost on top of my head. I have no idea what kind it was...There are indigo and black snakes around that are harmless.

I did fly the 120SR two packs after dinner as the wind died down at 6:30pm.
Last edited by venicebill; Jul 12, 2012 at 05:42 PM.