Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
I got out yesterday - absolutely clear and blue and easy to keep oriented. I flew the V120D02, V120D03 and Genius CP. I've settled on increasing the servo extension and leaving balance delay and gyro rx settings as they came from the factory for the V120s; they handle the breeze much better with just the increased servo extension.

V120D02 circles 8s (3 min 21 sec)

Genius CP fast flight and crash (5 min 10 sec)

Still no broken booms on the Genius CP since I added boom struts with hot glue.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,584 Posts
Nothing but rain here. Destroyed my whole weekend. If that wasn't bad enough the only flying i did do was crashing my v450 due to electronics failure. Again.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:14 PM
Old Skool
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
I had 4 of my heli's out today all in all around 10 pack's.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:50 AM
Chen's Camera Crew!
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
i flew my quad yesterday in a light thunder storm, flew well and gave it a clean at the same time. May fly again with James later!
Nutta is offline Find More Posts by Nutta
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:19 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Genius CP totally rocks!
Genius CP fast forward flight (5 min 41 sec)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,477 Posts
Flew several mico's and had some fun. It was calm outside till I brought out my helis to fly. Guess what?? wind came up but took action inside. Look foward to a couple of WL Quads coming. .
mutski,
Little heli does rock !! How do you like it? Thinking about one. I like to fly a heli around and not into constant hover or crazy excessive 3D, but some is fine.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Jun 27, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Nothing but rain here. Destroyed my whole weekend. If that wasn't bad enough the only flying i did do was crashing my v450 due to electronics failure. Again.
-Since the weekend it hasn't stopped raining here yet. I guess it's the MSR when I get home :-)
elan is online now Find More Posts by elan
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:31 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,515 Posts
Flew my shiny new V929 quad at 6pm and at 9pm. What a great way to end my day! Gonna hug my V929 to bed real soon.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:43 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,598 Posts
Beautiful cirrus clouds make a nice background for a relaxing flight.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:54 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,477 Posts
Monsoon season here in great South west.Tucon,AZ. Wind a blowin big time. Flew two V911's and very nice. Dialed in my out of trim Solo-pro 270A ..Wow nice little heli and velvet smooth. Found some debris on gimbal for 9958 and bird needs some more triming. Need more space to tame it dowm, but didn't break it. Recieved batteries from H/K. 300ma for Solo pro 100D. Thats 100 ma more than stock and same size battery, plus some 160ma for 9958.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:41 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
I finally got up the nerve to fly the V400D02 today! I flew the V120s first, then spun up the V400, first hover, then circle and land a few times, then circles around the football field. I was feeling proud of myself - kept orientation, flew cautiously and had it in the air 10 minutes, closed with a nice soft landing. I noticed when I after putting the new battery in that the stabilizer holder arms for the swash were overextended and buckled inward. Fixed that, tested swash travel with throttle hold on and all looked good. It looked good when it first spun up again, then something went wrong at the swash, broke all the servo arms, popped the stabilizer holder arms off the swash and broke the swash guide on the upper frame. All quicker than I could blink! Oh well, and least the 10 minutes flying were fun! I'm short a ball head for a servo arm since I couldn't find all the linkages in the grass. Now for repairs....
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:36 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
I finally got up the nerve to fly the V400D02 today! I flew the V120s first, then spun up the V400, first hover, then circle and land a few times, then circles around the football field. I was feeling proud of myself - kept orientation, flew cautiously and had it in the air 10 minutes, closed with a nice soft landing. I noticed when I after putting the new battery in that the stabilizer holder arms for the swash were overextended and buckled inward. Fixed that, tested swash travel with throttle hold on and all looked good. It looked good when it first spun up again, then something went wrong at the swash, broke all the servo arms, popped the stabilizer holder arms off the swash and broke the swash guide on the upper frame. All quicker than I could blink! Oh well, and least the 10 minutes flying were fun! I'm short a ball head for a servo arm since I couldn't find all the linkages in the grass. Now for repairs....
I fly both fixed wing and rotary. Fixed wing is so much more relaxing! My gosh, I've been flying fixed wing for a month and haven't had to repair anything! My credit card is getting dusty. Never had that problem flying Walkeras.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:26 PM
Chen's Camera Crew!
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
I flew my quad yesterday with James, also had a little rain and tried a bit of puddle skating with the quad. will be flying some more today but at work!

I don't know if its just what the news is talking about but from the different weather forecasts it looks as if most of the globe is having a lot of rain!
Nutta is offline Find More Posts by Nutta
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
I flew my V120D02S in the presence of a typhoon (hurricane) warning today. It was not very pleasant to say the least. The heli was stable most of the time but would suddenly shoot up or down whenever there was a sudden gust. I had a few crashes where the heli was sucked onto the ground inverted. But still, I flew 14 packs and the heli was completely undamaged despite having more than 10 crashes. This was the V120D20S at the best, just pure excellence.

This was in sharp contrast to yesterday when the heli smoked after a crash during the first pack. The smoking was unusually thick and went on and on until I managed to unplug the battery. it seems that a short circuit had arisen at the ESC. The canopy and the skids were burnt as well but the rest of the heli was alright. This was quite a scary incident as it could have started a fire at the grass field. I was prepared to stomp on the heli if that happened.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:56 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Fixed wing is so much more relaxing!
-Yup, but we still fly rotary :-)
elan is online now Find More Posts by elan