HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2012, 06:30 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2005
308 Posts
After studying Youtube videos and reading about flipping, I finally was able to perform backward flips with the MCP X. Yes, it took me a lot of work (and a few crashes) but I now can perform the basic flip-all I need to do is perfect them.

I also flew the heli around a few times.
Zé Povinho is offline Find More Posts by Zé Povinho
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 06:48 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
good stuff
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old May 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Sadly no. I only flew the sim.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old May 21, 2012, 08:34 PM
Chen's Camera Crew!
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
I flew my neglected V911 for a bit yesterday too, fun lil bird.
I can't wait to get my Ladybird so I can buzz the kiteflyers too! An hour flying! I ordered 5x350mah LiPos for my LB to fly longer also.
I wouldn't mind a BNF SuperFP later.... how do you like yours? I'm not very experienced with flybarless yet.
Believe me the Ladybird QR is so easy to fly and with 6x400mah lipo's you get some good flying time. V911 is good and very responsive but having a small cooling breeze was just a little too much to even stay with me

As for my Super FP it could manage the small breeze very easily but i think my motor is binding because it would twitch (the tail would kick a few times) so i didnt do too much with it. i must admit that i am also a beginner to this flying hobby and i have had many accidents with the FP due to me only being a beginner.

Its the orientation that really lets me down and have flown into a small building and broken the tail motor, flown into a tree and broke the tail and hit the floor countless times to which have split the canopy (but this is common). One thing i am getting really good at and that's repairing them Obviously with the Ladybird QR it doesn't really matter too much about the orientation so i am using it to train myself.

Hopefully get some more flying time today (hopefully without the kids trying to grab the controller or the ladybird)
Nutta is offline Find More Posts by Nutta
Old May 22, 2012, 08:54 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,249 Posts
A pack and a half on my CP2 this morning and then it started to rain...
elan is online now Find More Posts by elan
Old May 22, 2012, 08:51 PM
Chen's Camera Crew!
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
I flew my Ladybird QR at dusk last night for an hour, it was a little dark to try any new moves although i did take it up a little too high and took me ages to get it to come back down safely.

I did have a lot of interests in it not only with people and kids watching me but also the wildlife (not that there is very much in china), had a few fly by's with a magpie and sparrows but nothing too close.

Once i got it down i just kept it at head height where i could see it better in the dark (have taken the paint off), then it started attracting the dragonflies and they were flying extremely close.

Walking back to my apartment i had a lot of people following me (not just kids), i even had people clearing the way for me. With so many people watching me i could help but show off a little by landing it on my hand when walking through the gateway and then having it take off from my hand.

By the time i got to my block the crowd was starting to get a little uncomfortable with so many people watching, i even had people opening the doors for me wanting me to fly it in . I hope i don't get this every time
Old May 23, 2012, 07:31 AM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,249 Posts
By the time i got to my block the crowd was starting to get a little uncomfortable with so many people watching, i even had people opening the doors for me wanting me to fly it in . I hope i don't get this every time...
-As long as they behave, that's sort of cool :-)
Old May 23, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
It was pretty windy today, so I stuck with the MQX. I was keeping it low out of the real gusty stuff, and discovered a new (new to me) maneuver: trimming dandylions! Skimming along with the chopped flower heads flying up and over the MQX, pretty cool.
hotshot888 is offline Find More Posts by hotshot888
Old May 23, 2012, 06:19 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
It was a hot and calm day today, so I flew 5 batteries with my V911. It had been a while, and I tried to lay off the forward stick (I usually just go full FF until I crash ._.), and it behaved really well, flew 2 complete batteries without crashing even, haha.

And Nutta, that's so cool! The 'best' I got so far was some weird looks from some elderly people walking by
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old May 25, 2012, 06:02 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,734 Posts
first flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutta View Post
I flew my Ladybird QR at dusk last night for an hour, it was a little dark to try any new moves although i did take it up a little too high and took me ages to get it to come back down safely.

I did have a lot of interests in it not only with people and kids watching me but also the wildlife (not that there is very much in china), had a few fly by's with a magpie and sparrows but nothing too close.

Once i got it down i just kept it at head height where i could see it better in the dark (have taken the paint off), then it started attracting the dragonflies and they were flying extremely close.

Walking back to my apartment i had a lot of people following me (not just kids), i even had people clearing the way for me. With so many people watching me i could help but show off a little by landing it on my hand when walking through the gateway and then having it take off from my hand.

By the time i got to my block the crowd was starting to get a little uncomfortable with so many people watching, i even had people opening the doors for me wanting me to fly it in . I hope i don't get this every time
Sounds like you had a blast flying! I just hope I don't get a crowd like you did mugging me and my Ladybird. eep! or at least wait til I get comfortable flying it. lol

I just got my Ladybird today w00p! I could only trim her indoors ... and had to take it outside to try flying her. It was pre-storm windy.... but great fun!! I lost orientation a few times.... it's like umm... "square"!! lol

Ladybird quad 1st flight.mp4 (3 min 26 sec)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old May 26, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I flew my mcpx in 11 mph wind ( verified through local weather station). I have extended the tail, removed the verticle fin and put in stunt mode to get high head speed. I was amazed how well it flew. I burned through 7 packs.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
Chen's Camera Crew!
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
I flew my QR last night when it was getting very windy and i was finding it extremely hard to get it just to hover, it didn't help where i was flying it because i was getting a tunnel effect but in the dark and the paint removed from the canopy i was able to see it when it went out of the light up area.

i still haven't tried nose in as yet as where i fly it during the week there is too many people walking about and its in a built up area. hopefully this Monday or Tuesday i will give it ago and see how i do!!
Old May 27, 2012, 06:28 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot888 View Post
It was pretty windy today, so I stuck with the MQX. I was keeping it low out of the real gusty stuff, and discovered a new (new to me) maneuver: trimming dandylions! Skimming along with the chopped flower heads flying up and over the MQX, pretty cool.
I do this with my 9958 and its a blast
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old May 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I flew my Blade 450X. It has been sitting on the shelf since March. I thought I was ready for it when I bought it. I took it out once and hovered it but, the fear was too great. I was affraid I would wreck it. Since then, I have been practicing on the sim and my Blade mcpx. I can fly the mcpx very well now so I felt confident enough to take it out this morning. It flies beautifully. I had no fear while flying it. I'm going out again tomorrow.
Old May 27, 2012, 06:41 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,249 Posts
This evening I flew two packs on my King V2 and then the wind came up so I flew two more on my EXI 450 :-)