HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Vote based on your party or personal affliciation
Obama - I'm A Democrat 11 7.75%
Romney - I'm A Democrat 7 4.93%
Obama - I'm A Republican 9 6.34%
Romney - I'm A Republican 44 30.99%
Obama - I'm An Independent 22 15.49%
Romney - I'm An Independent 49 34.51%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:39 AM
Vertical Wake
splatman's Avatar
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Bush years my business had the best year ever.

Obama, the worst ever. I just officially closed my business.
You probably did that just to make Obama look bad.
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 03:57 AM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira
Bush years my business had the best year ever.

Obama, the worst ever.
The slide into a recession began long before Obama took office. Not my opinion, an easily verifiable fact that most "conservatives" continue to deny.

Quote:
I just officially closed my business.
Was this your tree cutting/firewood "business"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman View Post
You probably did that just to make Obama look bad.
Or, he just doesn't know how to run a business in tough economic times. Many people don't. Only the strong survive.

We've thrived all throughout the economic down turn - actually growing each year. Then again, we saw it coming long before Obama was even a candidate.
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:00 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Romney - he just 'isn't' is he ?
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:05 AM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
Bildo... your avatar is creeping me out.
Don't hate


The Playa
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:44 AM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
The slide into a recession began long before Obama took office. Not my opinion, an easily verifiable fact
As I recall, that downward trend started two years before Obama took office.

(Coincidently, about the same time Pelosi, Reed, et.al. took control of congress.)
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:29 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
As I recall, that downward trend started two years before Obama took office.

(Coincidently, about the same time Pelosi, Reed, et.al. took control of congress.)
Coincidently about the same time Bush had been in office for 6 years
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:01 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post

Was this your tree cutting/firewood "business"?

.
Commercial photography.

Haven't cut firewood/trees commercially for many years. I do that for personal use and to help others in need.

Thank you for asking.

I did more business by the end of January 2008 than all of this year and keeping the business open is just no longer practical.
About 85% of my business was large scale commercial development "progress photography" which has about a 3-4 year lead in between project greenlight and completion and is a excellent "prime indicator" of overall economic health and activity. Stuff that was in progress "Pre Obama" has largely wrapped up and there is almost NOTHING coming up the pipe as the big money waits this train wreck out.
It's one thing to talk like Suzy Sunshine but when it comes to laying down your own cash the real truth comes out. A lot of the big players are surprisingly liberal but in conversations will candidly admit that until a more business friendly President is in office they are going to sit things out.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Last edited by Real Ira; Apr 05, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:21 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman View Post
You probably did that just to make Obama look bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
The slide into a recession began long before Obama took office. Not my opinion, an easily verifiable fact that most "conservatives" continue to deny.

Was this your tree cutting/firewood "business"?

Or, he just doesn't know how to run a business in tough economic times. Many people don't. Only the strong survive.

We've thrived all throughout the economic down turn - actually growing each year. Then again, we saw it coming long before Obama was even a candidate.
Two nasty and hurtful posts. Not the best way to defend a failed administration.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:23 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Two nasty and hurtful posts.
Really - the truth hurts - who knew ?
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:35 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Really - the truth hurts - who knew ?
another insipid post.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
another insipid post.
Having a rough morning Lyle - you're not usually this sour at this time of day
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:38 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Having a rough morning Lyle - you're not usually this sour at this time of day
just telling you what is was....pure and simple....would you rather I lied?
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:43 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Coincidently about the same time Bush had been in office for 6 years
Exactly! Glad you agree, things were still good during those 6 years, then Nancy, Harry, et.al. took over and;
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:45 PM
Registered User
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Commercial photography.

Haven't cut firewood/trees commercially for many years. I do that for personal use and to help others in need.

Thank you for asking.

I did more business by the end of January 2008 than all of this year and keeping the business open is just no longer practical.
About 85% of my business was large scale commercial development "progress photography" which has about a 3-4 year lead in between project greenlight and completion and is a excellent "prime indicator" of overall economic health and activity. Stuff that was in progress "Pre Obama" has largely wrapped up and there is almost NOTHING coming up the pipe as the big money waits this train wreck out.
It's one thing to talk like Suzy Sunshine but when it comes to laying down your own cash the real truth comes out. A lot of the big players are surprisingly liberal but in conversations will candidly admit that until a more business friendly President is in office they are going to sit things out.
You were riding the bubble, just like the commercial developers you were getting business from. The developers aren't waiting until a more business friendly president comes along, they are waiting for the real estate sector to stabilize after the bubble. Because the bubble was allowed to build up as much as it did, it popped all the harder, and will therefore take longer to recover.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:54 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,667 Posts
Commercial developers over built? They didn't come close to what the residential developers did.... at least not in this area. We have subdivisions full of roads and utilities that have one or two homes because the developer popped up a model or two and then nothing else. Heck, we have a few subs that are completely empty. They make great places to fly planes... open area and paved runways everywhere.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Obama's buffoonery continues; Blames Romney for oil price increase... Highflight Life, The Universe, and Politics 4 Apr 04, 2012 08:13 AM
Discussion Senator Obama vs President Obama logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 1 Mar 27, 2012 09:43 AM
Discussion Well, now we know why Samuel Jackson Voted for Obama! LcJ Life, The Universe, and Politics 40 Feb 13, 2012 09:09 AM
Alert VOTE NOW!!! t-Hawk vs. Aerobird Challenger Spencer J Parkflyers 94 Dec 21, 2004 09:38 PM
Alert VOTE NOW!! T-Hawk vs. Aerobird Challenger Spencer J Parkflyers 8 Nov 14, 2004 11:57 PM