Rufcut is online now Find More Posts by Rufcut
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:34 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
It all depends on your definition of which demographic makes up the silent majority.

The black voter turnout in 2010 was only 10%, and the overall youth vote (18-29) in 2010 was only 9%!
Why are we talking race again?
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:10 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
Why are we talking race again?
Well it's not just race, it's demographics, of which race is one of many categories. I picked the two demographic categories which had the biggest drop in voter turnout, and lowest overall turnout as an example of which might constitute the 'silent majority'.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Barring some major catastophe, the Republican War on Women WILL result in the re-election of President Obama. And hopefully clean out some state legislatures as well.
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:22 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Too bad the mythical war on women was fought with Rick Santorum who won't be the candidate in the fall.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Too bad the mythical war on women was fought with Rick Santorum who won't be the candidate in the fall.
Mythical? Are you kidding? Do you have any idea of how many anti-contraception, anti-abortion, anti-equal-pay, anti-teacher bills have been passed and signed by Republican governors since the 2010 elections?

Things like saying that any woman who wants birth control is a slut?

People who say they want to keep government off our backs forcing women to undergo medical procedures neither they, their doctor or their insurance company want?

BTW, more women than men receive Social Security. I wonder how they feel about Paul Ryan's budget...
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:32 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I am interested in these demographics in LTUP and by association the RC world. I wonder what the real numbers are and how the characteristics of RC types affects those numbers. e.g. technical mindset, creativeness, etc
Go to any AMA club....and take a good look around.
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:36 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,706 Posts
I K R

Fat guys
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:46 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
Mythical? Are you kidding? Do you have any idea of how many anti-contraception, anti-abortion, anti-equal-pay, anti-teacher bills have been passed and signed by Republican governors since the 2010 elections?

Why don't you tell us? With names, dates, etc. Anti-equal pay? Anti-teacher bill? First I've heard of that one. And who said ANY woman who WANTS bc is a slut?

"war on women" ---you guys are desperate. But then, you should be.
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman View Post
Why don't you tell us? With names, dates, etc. Anti-equal pay? Anti-teacher bill? First I've heard of that one. And who said ANY woman who WANTS bc is a slut?

"war on women" ---you guys are desperate. But then, you should be.
Check out today's Rachel Maddow show on the Net. Yeah, I know you think she's an -hole, but she doesn't lie..

Regarding your second question, the answer is Rush Limbaugh, and those who defend him.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:26 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
735 Posts
So once again, Rush said (according to you)

"any woman who wants birth control is a slut"

Are you willing to back up that up those words?

Also, I am waiting for the "Anti-teacher" bill that you mentioned, as I am unaware of any such titled Bill.
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:26 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post

People who say they want to keep government off our backs forcing women to undergo medical procedures neither they, their doctor or their insurance company want?

BTW, more women than men receive Social Security. I wonder how they feel about Paul Ryan's budget...
Democrat fear mongering does not work anymore. They no longer have a monopoly on the media.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:35 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,603 Posts
Good old GW was pretty good a fear mongering too. In fact, he was good enough at it that he convinced us to go to war in Iraq over WMDs.... What a mess that guy made.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:00 PM
Everything flies....
So Cal
Joined Oct 2003
1,418 Posts
Demographics = 29 Republicans voted vs 6 Democrates voted.
PlasticHead is offline Find More Posts by PlasticHead
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:23 PM
Everything flies....
So Cal
Joined Oct 2003
1,418 Posts
More interesting is 35 people identified themselves Democrates and Republicans, 40 people identified themselves as Independents, that makes a great majority of Independents.
I believe the majority of people who identify themselves as Independents consider themselves politically conservative or "right" leaning. If so that makes this thread at least pretty conservative. I also know the number of people identifying themselves as independents has grown a great deal over the last 10 years or so and I wonder if that points to disenchantment with both parties but more specifically with Republicans and GW Bush.
PlasticHead is offline Find More Posts by PlasticHead