HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:32 AM
Keep calm and carry on.
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2012
1,357 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix Update - 30.s - 4.0j

I think the Phoenix web servers are slow to begin with... now that there is so many requests for the latest update they are impossible.

I managed to get the update direct from Phoenix's web site, which was still painfully slow.

I uploaded it to my online storage, you all can download it speedy here:

https://25k.box.com/s/b749ff458f8c49ddbe40

Once you download the file just copy it to your My Documents -> PhoenixRC --> Downloaded Updates.

Then go to Start --> All Programs --> PhoenixRC --> Install Updates Manually. And the program will run its update sequence.
Oso M is offline Find More Posts by Oso M
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:50 PM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
867 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks for upload.

I actually originally downloaded the update from the Phoenix site (as painfully slow as it was), but when I installed the update it did not seem to "take". The V4 splash screen displayed but it still said that it was v3.0.s and it still wanted to update (also loading helicopters would cause the program to crash).

Long story short (too late ) it turns out that the file I download from Phoenix was corrupted. I guess they don't have any kind of file integrity check (they should at least give us the md5 hash). I downloaded your file, installed, and all is good. Thanks again!

Note: Since the download was soooooo slow, I used DownThemAll! to download the update from the Phoenix so that may have had something to do with the file being corrupted.
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Mar 2004
175 Posts
Thanks, this is great help.

The phoenix site is so slow now and I never managed to finish the download there at all.
shadowless is offline Find More Posts by shadowless
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:06 AM
Climbing the learning curve!
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jan 2011
310 Posts
Quote:
Version 4.0.j FINAL
New features, Improvements and fixes:

• Increased terrain detail-map quality
• Flying Site > Change menu more compatible and loads faster
• Fixed an issue with Thermal Gliding Competition on 3D flying sites
• Fixed an issue with Anti-aliasing being disabled (may require this option to be re-enabled)
• 3D flying-sites now appear on "recently used" list correctly
So when will they incorporate 3D flying sites for FPV/RP'ers.. or more multirotors?

I would say this update should have remained as a 3.0 or 3.1 at best. They have an odd version numbering system...
Friar Fnord is offline Find More Posts by Friar Fnord
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:47 AM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jun 2007
113 Posts
Thanks for your link and bandwidth, I tried the Phoenix site and it was dog slow started out 6 hrs with 4g finally said 2hrs...was just going to wait until the rush was off but you have helped with this contribution at the community here..

Thanks again.
brentg is offline Find More Posts by brentg
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,087 Posts
Awesome!!

Thanks very much

I was struggling with this last night this will make life much easier

Thanks again for helping

Ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:30 AM
Keep calm and carry on.
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2012
1,357 Posts
No problem... With as much help as I get from this community, a little disk and bandwidth is a drop in the bucket.

Please feel free to share the link.
Oso M is offline Find More Posts by Oso M
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Dead Link. Please fix.

Your link is dead :'(

If you could provide another it would be great. At my download speed from phoenix's website, ill be done in 93 hours
Sebi97 is offline Find More Posts by Sebi97
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:23 AM
ProFester
United States, NY, Wallkill
Joined Feb 2008
184 Posts
the time is crazy
Fester 1 is offline Find More Posts by Fester 1
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:10 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
861 Posts
I dont know what any of you are complaining about. All of the updates download fine. Our computer is around 5 years old and our internet isnt a mega fast one. The only thing i notice is that it says there are updates whenever i open it when the internets on. Do you guys just select update all or only the ones you want?
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:00 PM
tonjo2
Joined Oct 2011
14 Posts
Hello all,anybody having problems with Phoenix 4 update using Win 8.Can run fine on the 3 versions,but get blank screen when it tries the 4X updates,?anybody have similar issues
please.
Thanks.Tony.
tonjo is offline Find More Posts by tonjo
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:03 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,448 Posts
Do you hear any music along with blank screen? If you hear music I would check video drivers.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:22 PM
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2004
235 Posts
The updates are definitely slow. I haven't been on the simulator in a while so there were 27 new aircraft, etc. I selected to update all and it is taking forever and some of the updates fail and have to be tried again.

I'm sure the size of each of the aircraft updates cannot be that big, so the Phoenix servers must be really slow.

Dave
rcfun33 is offline Find More Posts by rcfun33
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:36 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfun33 View Post
The updates are definitely slow. I haven't been on the simulator in a while so there were 27 new aircraft, etc. I selected to update all and it is taking forever and some of the updates fail and have to be tried again.

I'm sure the size of each of the aircraft updates cannot be that big, so the Phoenix servers must be really slow.

Dave
The issue is the update server appears to be in the UK. They really need a content mirror in the US.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver