HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:22 AM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2008
24 Posts
Hi everyone, I have had an HT-FPV sitting in my garage waiting for me to finish it. I have 25a plush esc's for it and motors from hoverthings but I'm thinking I need larger/stronger motors to lift it with full FPV gear. What motors are recommended?. I plan on using 3s batteries.
brlowe is offline Find More Posts by brlowe
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:07 AM
BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REBUILD.
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2012
579 Posts
What size motors do you have? I personally use 980KV motors on a 3S w/ 10"x4.5" props and it works just fine.
p0st4L is offline Find More Posts by p0st4L
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:35 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
I'm the same as postal, but you should learn how to use this site and input different combinations. Everyones setup is different, and before making a decision you should know why you've made it.

http://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc_e.htm
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:39 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Hello all this is my new ht- fpv with sunnysky 980 kv motors 9 in props 4s 2200 mah battery EZosd with fat shark predator with a cc3d FC
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:50 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,174 Posts

I added some 600 size heli landing gear I found collecting dust in my shop.

This provides a nice "cushion" between the grass and the camera & battery (I mount my batteries on the bottom).

Happy flyin'

Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:05 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Looks good guys!
I just had the opportunity to get video of hot air ballons here in south GA. I was going to fly my QAV but for some reason it was acting squirrely yesterday and being that I was in relatively close proximity to the ballons I opted out of that platform. but... the HT FPV pulled through like a champ! I'll try to get some video up later. I was lucky enough to get permission from the event coordinators to fly after briefing the balloon pilots. I was freaking elated! Here is a pic from yesterday afternoon. My setup info is posted earlier in this thread. I have since upgraged to the T Motors 900kv. I run them on 3s, 3800's w/10x4.7props.
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,665 Posts
Nice shot, hope to see some video and get some up myself.
scrape is offline Find More Posts by scrape
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
My first quadcopter

Please have a look at my first quadcopter build, here is the link to the video, please post any improvements you could make.

quadcopter indoor/outdoor flight kk 2.1 (3 min 19 sec)

My next build is going to be with the sk 450 or the x550 frame, i am making these with an extremely stable kk2 board so if anyonw want to buy im selling extremely cheap 400 so if ur interested post below my youtube video many people are happy for this offer so reply soon.
vishpwnU is offline Find More Posts by vishpwnU
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Harmony

Here is a link to the video. Its just something I put together "quickly" but I'll polish up the footage later.

Blue Skies!

Harmony (7 min 20 sec)
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:36 PM
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Joined Dec 2001
914 Posts
6 motor tri-copter...

Eddie
EddieWeeks is online now Find More Posts by EddieWeeks
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:35 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,174 Posts
LINK (short LOS video - flying in my yard)
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:04 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined May 2012
362 Posts
I did a rebuild of mine

Boris B is offline Find More Posts by Boris B
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:33 AM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Thats nice Garbungle! how did you get your PDB wiring to fit in the lower plate with the NAZA in there?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:00 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined May 2012
362 Posts
I wanted to have minimum weight possible on this build. That's why I decided to remove power distro board and the top plate.
I actually just soldered all ESC's with battery connector together and put everything neatly in between. There is plenty of room actually when you don't use the power distribution board.
Boris B is offline Find More Posts by Boris B
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:14 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Thats a 10-4 garbagungle! I was considering that option but i chose to put my rx and fc on the second plate. It was easier for me to set everything up afterward but I think yours is probably the most efficient I've seen (space wise). Good job anyways. I dont think I could fit all my stuff in there even if the PD stuff was on the second plate up. The arms stick in there so far. I went in and shortened some wires and braided and twisted some things after the initial setup but thats it.

are those 8" Graups on 3s too?