SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:09 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
That looks right now, except obviously the eLogger connects to the OSD

I have a picture/description I think in my log of the filter. basically you wrap the wire in a ferret ring followed by a 1000uF capacitor to get rid of EM interference and power spikes (especially from the ESCs). After that I power my camera/vTX. Seems to work well (no interference that's noticeable).
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Last edited by Exploding Fist; Oct 25, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:42 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Or if you're lazy you can buy this:
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Power-Sup...-L-C-Type.html
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:52 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Based on the effort he put into making his diagram, he doesn't look like the lazy type

That would work though.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:09 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
True, I usually like building it myself whenever possible. More rewarding that way
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:37 PM
Just Starting..
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
I with you on taking the time - the journey is more than half the fun - and I am
all about do-it-yourself - but for 12bux for a swanky cleaner might fit the bill just fine.
My ESC and "stuff" are here but are held hostage by the USPS so I'll do my best to have the pile o goodies before the weekend - who knows I might fly by Sunday....
Thanks again everybody for the suggestions and help.
Kosmos is offline Find More Posts by Kosmos
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
650 Posts
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
Last edited by jpsabo; Oct 29, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
32 ft/sec^2 sucks
Joined Nov 2006
172 Posts
Ok so today I tried adding an extra feature to my NAZA controller since I added the GPS. The GPS was wondering a bit but holding it more steady than ATT mode by it self. Then for giggles I flipped the switch to the new Feature, Intelligent Orientation "Home Lock". It starts heading straight to the ground not responding to radio controls. Unfortunately I was kind of low to the ground and so impact came faster than I had time to respond. So now I need 4 new Graupner props and a new arm for my FPV1, and I have no idea what happened. The landing gear saved another arm from getting broken off. The motors seem to be ok. Nice!
yoadrian is offline Find More Posts by yoadrian
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,669 Posts
scrape is offline Find More Posts by scrape
Last edited by scrape; Nov 07, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:20 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoadrian View Post
Ok so today I tried adding an extra feature to my NAZA controller since I added the GPS. The GPS was wondering a bit but holding it more steady than ATT mode by it self. Then for giggles I flipped the switch to the new Feature, Intelligent Orientation "Home Lock". It starts heading straight to the ground not responding to radio controls. Unfortunately I was kind of low to the ground and so impact came faster than I had time to respond. So now I need 4 new Graupner props and a new arm for my FPV1, and I have no idea what happened. The landing gear saved another arm from getting broken off. The motors seem to be ok. Nice!
Yikes...auto crash mode. I don't think I'll enable that one.

Back when I owned an XAircraft controller (before the days of Naza) I toyed with the different heading modes (via the mag sensor). I didn't like them. All they did was confuse the heck out of me so I just left them deactivated. I could see the benefit of, whatever the mode is, pulling the stick back brings the copter back home...no matter the orientation. That would at least get you back to orientation range where you can turn off the function and return to LOS control...but I have RTH or that so maybe I'll never use the mag sensor functions.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:24 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoadrian View Post
Were you within 10m of your home point? The manual basically says not to use home lock within that radius.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:32 PM
32 ft/sec^2 sucks
Joined Nov 2006
172 Posts
Yeah I probably was inside of 10 meters. Need to keep that in mind next time.
yoadrian is offline Find More Posts by yoadrian
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined May 2005
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmos View Post
This is my first quad - very new to ALL this, but I am very excited to get this in the air - still waiting on ESCs, and other things.....
My plan is a HTFPV frame with:
-Eagletree OSD and logger and GPS,
-ImmersionRC 5.8 vTX
-GoPro flight record
-readymaderc - RMRC-540N video for FPV
-Turnigy plush 30A ESC
-3300mah 3S main lipo
-500mah 3S vTX lipo
-28-26A motors (had to cut the shafts)
-DJI NAZA with GPS
-Eagle tree ground station (readymaderc tracking station)
-Fat Shark goggles

Some suggests most welcome on my wiring diagram I know it is not right - little confusing to a newbie. I also got power distribution plate from HT would like ask for some guidance as how best to solder that up? Would I be better off
with a 750mah for video system? Question on GS - how best to wire up the lipo there would like a dual 5000mah setup - is it best to use a regulator there?
I'll be powering the tracking station and servos, 5.8 video receiver, fat sharks, and perhaps a small LCD of some sort - still working on that idea....
One last thing - how best to power the FPV camera?

Draft Wire Diagram

Ground Station under construction:

Cut down the 28-26A motor shafts:

Shaft almost flush with the motor - but there is room with the motor mounts anyway:

Arms are done and Body shafts installed - I CA'd the motor mounts - hope I don't regret that...

In the mean time I am abusing an MQX quad - to brush up on my flight skills and
get myself comfy with the Specktrum DX8.

TIA
Ground station looks awesome my friend!!
OICU812 is offline Find More Posts by OICU812
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
More ppl have problems with the 'yaw'?

Mine flys like s/*hit. I tried al lot of different PID settings but all seems not to work.

Anyway i fly with Arducopter.
mast3rwurm is offline Find More Posts by mast3rwurm
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:39 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mast3rwurm View Post
More ppl have problems with the 'yaw'?

Mine flys like s/*hit. I tried al lot of different PID settings but all seems not to work.

Anyway i fly with Arducopter.
I flew mine with a CC board and a Naza controller. I can't say I had any yaw problems with either. It did like to weather vane in the wind though...but that's probably standard for any flying thing.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member