HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:37 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
You need a low pass filter with 1.3Ghz. I made the same mistake.
I have a lpf, but do get beeps at closer than the expected range. i ordered some longer antennas for the Frsky rx so I can get the receiving end placed where i want them. Also hoping a booster on the Frsky Tx will help
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:58 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Yeah I still need to properly test my range as well with my new lpf installed. I was getting beeps fairly early but I attributed that to bad antenna positioning on the RX.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:04 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,194 Posts
Are there any special PID tuning options to consider with the HT-FPV frame since it's non-symetrical?

I'm using MPNG
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:34 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
I asked that a while back, here was Tom's response:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=799
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:40 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,194 Posts
ok good, thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
I asked that a while back, here was Tom's response:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=799
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:51 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,194 Posts
Got another question for anyone using NTM 28-26A motors.

I notice the shaft sticks out the bottom, will that interfere with the aluminum spacer below the motor? Will that spacer have to be removed?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:49 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post

I notice the shaft sticks out the bottom, will that interfere with the aluminum spacer below the motor? Will that spacer have to be removed?
1ea Dremel
1ea Cutoff wheel
4ea shorter motor shafts
=No more interference
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post

I had that problem too.
scrape is offline Find More Posts by scrape
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:33 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,194 Posts
I'm not sure what to do now LOL

I have a set of these motors coming to me

Oh well, I'll figure it out.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:24 AM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
I just left that spacer out and I've been flying it for months with no issue.
tamron is offline Find More Posts by tamron
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:31 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,968 Posts
I would just take the spacer out. You could always redrill it slightly offset as well if you want to keep it and move it slightly.

You might also be able to turn the motor mount plate end for end and see if that gives a better clearance as I don't "think" it is centered but I may be wrong, don't have it in front of me to check.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:33 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,887 Posts
I'll say it again....
1 Dremel + 1 Cutoff wheel=1 shorter prop shaft (not being used) and no more interference. You don't have to cut off the whole shaft...just ~1/8"+/- to get the clearance. No problems...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
96 Posts
I now have several dozen flights on my HT-FPV and have some comments and modifications I have found helpful. I did a side-by-side with my Witespy 450 and at the risk of heresy, I came to some unusual conclusions.
Hoverthings HT-FPV vs, Witespy 450 Quad Copters - A side-by-side Comparison (8 min 13 sec)

I will cut to the chase on my opinions -- I like the Witespy 450 a lot better. I hardly ever crash mine...any more. For what I do, which is nature photography and I work in a flight restrained vertical environment and within 1000 feet and sometimes over water, the 450 just works better. Sometimes I put an expensive camera aboard the pod and I want it back if something happens so I do not fly them very far. I seldom have a problem with the 450 and it has proved very reliable.

For me - The HT-FPV is a blast to fly and it is very fast, especially if you fly it without a camera. I love to fly FPV with this frame and have many hours on it. Crows fear me! I have a high-end 600 line CCD flight cam and can fly on all but the darkest nights. However I find the frame to be very twitchy in flight and it does not like downwind hard rudder turns which turn them into Lawn Darts. I cannot make it take good video at slow hovering speeds. It does not handle (or I cannot make it handle) slow, smooth changes in direction as well as the 450. It is harder for me to fly in tight places.

I think the best analogy is that my Witespy 450 is like a Ford F-150 pickup truck; does everything, never breaks, cheap to fix, easy to repair, does the job. My Hoverthings HT-FPV is like having a race car in the garage that is fast, complicated, requires frequent repairs, is twitchy to drive hard, and prompts me to try things I have no business doing, usually producing a high speed video ending with a session of lawn darts and fade to black. They are worth every hour of the repair!
Diamondback68 is offline Find More Posts by Diamondback68
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,968 Posts
The Whitespy 450 and HT-FPV frames were made for different purposes which I think is what you have found. It is really finding the best platform for your needs.

And you do realize the Whitespy and HT-FPV frames are made by the same person right?
So it isn't really heresy :-)
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:05 AM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamron View Post
I just left that spacer out and I've been flying it for months with no issue.
Same here
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper