HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:46 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Hey guys

So I was finally just getting my HT-FPV dialed when a bad factory motor solder took me out. Here's a quick video of me messing around before it went down. unfortunately I didn't catch the crash on film.

Frame: HT-FPV
Flight Controller: Naza+gps
Power Distribution: homemade
Batteries: 3300, 4000 mah 3S and 4S
ESC: DJI 30A optos
Motors: DJI 2212
Props: 8-9" various
Rx: Frsky D8RX
Lights: n/a
Camera: sony 540 tvl
Video Tx: 400mW 1300MHz
OSD: Eagle tree
AUW: ~1600g

Playin at the Playground (3 min 37 sec)
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,355 Posts
That's a bummer. Was the failure from the ESC? I've ready many reports of bad solder joints on the ESC connectors. I have 18A DJI ESCs and haven't suffered that problem (yet). Hope you get it back in the air quickly.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:55 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
That's a bummer. Was the failure from the ESC? I've ready many reports of bad solder joints on the ESC connectors. I have 18A DJI ESCs and haven't suffered that problem (yet). Hope you get it back in the air quickly.
no it was the male bullet connector on the DJI motor. That's the second one I've found. First one pulled out when disconnecting a motor from the ESC. I'm kicking myself for not resoldering all of them when I found that first one. I did that now and they all looked horrible.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
Crius AIO Pro 1.0 flashed with Megapirate NG 2.7 R4
Skywalker Quattro 20Ax4
FrSky D8R-II+
FrSky Telemetry Hub
FrSky FLVS Lipo Voltage Sensor
4x 2212 motors (no idea what brand, they came with the ARF kit I bought)

All motors are spinning the correct direction, and my 3 position switch and my throttle hold switch are programmed for six flight modes (although I have them all set to the default stabilize mode). I just need to balance and install the props, install the GPS module, tidy up some wiring and start test flights!

[/IMG]

Finally someone using the crius aio with this frame. I am in the process of building the same thing. Can you please share your experience so far? Any fpv videos? What settings are you using? Thanks
compuatic is offline Find More Posts by compuatic
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:26 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,264 Posts
I'm having great success with the Crius AIO with megapirate. This is my first build and my first Quad (the blade mQx doesn't count).

Here's my build so far..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1735137

I'm planning on FPV but it's a little ways off, I wan't to make sure every mode is stable.

Hovered successfully for the first time today, I'm currently just trying to get it tuned, it's still a little unstable and twitchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
Finally someone using the crius aio with this frame. I am in the process of building the same thing. Can you please share your experience so far? Any fpv videos? What settings are you using? Thanks
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:13 PM
United States, ID, Meridian
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Help!!

I need some help with my Quad. Here is a video explaining the problems I am having. I am posting this to see if anyone has any ideas for me. The copter is just flipping over. I am assuming that there is a problem with the FC at this point. I have done the throttle calibration where you put the throttle all the way up, turn the copter on, and then pull the throttle down. Here is my setup:

HT-FPV frame
DJI NAZA Flight Controller
NTM 28-26 1000kv Motors
DJI 30A ESCs
Hoverthings power dist. board
TX/RX Turnigy 9X
Battery: Nano tech 3300 mAh 35-70C

If you have any questions, please let me know. Sorry the audio is not synced up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfU0mHooV8&feature=plcp
RobDawg is offline Find More Posts by RobDawg
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDawg View Post
I need some help with my Quad. Here is a video explaining the problems I am having. I am posting this to see if anyone has any ideas for me. The copter is just flipping over. I am assuming that there is a problem with the FC at this point. I have done the throttle calibration where you put the throttle all the way up, turn the copter on, and then pull the throttle down. Here is my setup:

HT-FPV frame
DJI NAZA Flight Controller
NTM 28-26 1000kv Motors
DJI 30A ESCs
Hoverthings power dist. board
TX/RX Turnigy 9X
Battery: Nano tech 3300 mAh 35-70C

If you have any questions, please let me know. Sorry the audio is not synced up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfU0mHooV8&feature=plcp

Your Naza is backwards...the motor Ports need to face forward...flip it around
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
Your Naza is backwards...the motor Ports need to face forward...flip it around
No, no, no, no,no. His Naza is installed correctly. It's the frame that's installed 180 out!!!! . FWIW, the Naza also doesn't look very squared on the frame...looks crooked...could just be the camera angle I was seeing though. It sure would help if Naza put a big FRONT/Arrow on the case though...

Doesn't the Naza assistant have something to verify control reaction, i.e. tilt the nose down you see a graphic representation of the nose moving down, etc? Maybe not now that I think of it. Even the free, open source, Multiwii GUI has this feature. Even my, thankful now sold, XAircraft had this feature. Hmmm...seems DJI needs a little catching up on firmware functions...and a Tricopter mix!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
No, no, no, no,no. His Naza is installed correctly. It's the frame that's installed 180 out!!!! . FWIW, the Naza also doesn't look very squared on the frame...looks crooked...could just be the camera angle I was seeing though. It sure would help if Naza put a big FRONT/Arrow on the case though...

Doesn't the Naza assistant have something to verify control reaction, i.e. tilt the nose down you see a graphic representation of the nose moving down, etc? Maybe not now that I think of it. Even the free, open source, Multiwii GUI has this feature. Even my, thankful now sold, XAircraft had this feature. Hmmm...seems DJI needs a little catching up on firmware functions...and a Tricopter mix!
Haha...on second look...i think you are right Van....i stand corrected!...but really it does look like the Naza is a little crooked in there....you may want to square it up
A bit and just makes sure the "M" Ports face forward and that you have the motors spinning in tire right direction and you will be good to go
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,257 Posts
Rob: 1) Make sure your blades are spinning in the right direction. 2) Make sure your ESC control wires are in the correct slots on the Naza board, ie #1 motor into #1 slot. 3) make sure your aileron and nick wires are not reversed to your Tx. Check rudder wire too. 4) Make sure you are in X mode and not + mode.
Most often get an immediate flip from #2 or 3. Ask how I know....lol
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:50 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,093 Posts
I don't believe DJI ESCs can be throttle calibrated so you can probably skip that step.
As others have noted the NAZA looks backwards and crooked.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
United States, ID, Meridian
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
It works!

Thanks for all the help guys! This Forum is GREAT!!

I did have my NAZA pointing the wrong way, and I noticed that the back left motor was not spinning as fast. I calibrated that ESC, and flipped the NAZA around, and bingo!

Quadcopter works! (0 min 56 sec)
RobDawg is offline Find More Posts by RobDawg
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:25 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Hey guys

So I was finally just getting my HT-FPV dialed when a bad factory motor solder took me out. Here's a quick video of me messing around before it went down. unfortunately I didn't catch the crash on film.

Frame: HT-FPV
Flight Controller: Naza+gps
Power Distribution: homemade
Batteries: 3300, 4000 mah 3S and 4S
ESC: DJI 30A optos
Motors: DJI 2212
Props: 8-9" various
Rx: Frsky D8RX
Lights: n/a
Camera: sony 540 tvl
Video Tx: 400mW 1300MHz
OSD: Eagle tree
AUW: ~1600g
Are u having any interference with your 1.3ghz VTX and frsky? I could not get over a mile without mine going into fail safe. On 5.8ghz i can get well over 1.5 miles before i get any beeps.
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:36 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Are u having any interference with your 1.3ghz VTX and frsky? I could not get over a mile without mine going into fail safe. On 5.8ghz i can get well over 1.5 miles before i get any beeps.
You need a low pass filter with 1.3Ghz. I made the same mistake.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDawg View Post
Thanks for all the help guys! This Forum is GREAT!!

I did have my NAZA pointing the wrong way, and I noticed that the back left motor was not spinning as fast. I calibrated that ESC, and flipped the NAZA around, and bingo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8oMd...ature=youtu.be
hey that's awesome!! See..ask and yee shall receive...honestly its always the simple things that go wrong...small oversights...Mine has always been making sure the motors are spinning the right way and that i have the correct props on the right motors...

but now that it works...have fun!!