Southeastern, PA
Joined Jul 2010
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
till the end!

:-)

Fly's nice bud.

Yes, the landing was the bes part!! I love windy days.
kevinv033 is offline Find More Posts by kevinv033
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 04:12 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2009
696 Posts
Nice one Kevin. Windy days are ok, especially with the CC3D! Yes, the HT-FPV got to enjoy the first FPV flight tests of the CC3D FC. Not an exciting video, I was just testing out how the new FC handled some manouvres. Very good I might add. Its very locked in.

CC3D FPV flight test (3 min 20 sec)
juz70 is online now Find More Posts by juz70
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juz70 View Post
Nice one Kevin. Windy days are ok, especially with the CC3D! Yes, the HT-FPV got to enjoy the first FPV flight tests of the CC3D FC. Not an exciting video, I was just testing out how the new FC handled some manouvres. Very good I might add. Its very locked in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hutmf...1&feature=plcp
Nice one. I can't wait for the CC3D's to hit the streets...sure could use one or two of them!
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:02 PM
Too many hobbies!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2005
145 Posts
Getting closer with the Openpilot CC board in attitude mode, with a lot of bias setting it gets more stable and mostly flyable although the trims seem to keep changing throughout the flight. It'll be stable for a while, then want to start drifting badly in one direction. If I dial that out with transmitter trims it'll be okay again for a bit then way off another direction.

That said, just as another test I swapped out the CC board with a Quadrino today. Rock solid as it was on the normal 450 frame. So, has to be something in how the CC board is calculating it's flight parameters. I used the same balance point, same motors, same escs. Just a swap of the controller board.
fairview1100 is offline Find More Posts by fairview1100
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:15 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,949 Posts
My CC boards don't seem to like trim/sub-trim all the time. I center both of those when setting up the board. When I arm I wait for at least 7 seconds to allow the gyro's to initialize (or whatever it's called) before powering up and flying away. It works for me. That said...if you don't like your CC board I'll be glad to take it off your hands!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairview1100 View Post
Getting closer with the Openpilot CC board in attitude mode, with a lot of bias setting it gets more stable and mostly flyable although the trims seem to keep changing throughout the flight. It'll be stable for a while, then want to start drifting badly in one direction. If I dial that out with transmitter trims it'll be okay again for a bit then way off another direction.

That said, just as another test I swapped out the CC board with a Quadrino today. Rock solid as it was on the normal 450 frame. So, has to be something in how the CC board is calculating it's flight parameters. I used the same balance point, same motors, same escs. Just a swap of the controller board.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:20 PM
Too many hobbies!
Joined Mar 2005
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
That said...if you don't like your CC board I'll be glad to take it off your hands!!!!
Heh. I'm -trying- to love it as much as you guys, it's just being difficult.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:24 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,949 Posts
Quote:
Heh. I'm -trying- to love it as much as you guys, it's just being difficult.
Life's to short to put up with difficult things. Where do you live? I'll come over and you can give it to me...then your frustration will be gone and you can live life happy!!!! Hey...just trying to help out!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:08 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Life's to short to put up with difficult things. Where do you live? I'll come over and you can give it to me...then your frustration will be gone and you can live life happy!!!! Hey...just trying to help out!
Hehe... You're soooo generous and willing to help!
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:34 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Well, not sure if I'm biting off more than I can chew, but this will be my first build - ever. I'm relatively new to the hobby and have been flying my witespy 450 w/ Naza for a few months now with good success when the FPV bug hit me.

I just received my HT-FPV frame today and put the basics together. My plan is to take the electronics, motors, etc. from my 450 to continue the build, but before I start tearing my beloved quad apart I thought I would ping the people who know for some guidance.

My main concern is whether or not I can simply transfer the aforementioned parts to the new quad without much issue, or are there pitralls I need to be aware of. Do I need to upgrade anything, things like that.

I've also read in other threads that placement of the Naza itself is critical to it operating correctly. Just wondering if those of you who are using that FC have done anything special with regard to mounting.

While FPV is my final goal, I'm just looking to get the basic quad up and running before I add any of the extra gear. That said, if there is anything special I need to plan ahead for, that would be good information too.

Any advice (aside from allowing Van come over to take my quad away ) greatly appeciated!

Thanks!
Bob
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:27 PM
Too many hobbies!
Joined Mar 2005
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddie View Post

My main concern is whether or not I can simply transfer the aforementioned parts to the new quad without much issue, or are there pitralls I need to be aware of. Do I need to upgrade anything, things like that.
I used everything from the 450 frame on the HT except switching to 9" props.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:35 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Quote:
I used everything from the 450 frame on the HT except switching to 9" props.
Thank you! That makes me feel a bit more confident about moving forward. I had already moved to the 9" props on the 450 so I should be good there.

Appreciate the input!
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:18 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
388 Posts
Quote:

Got mine level;

Finally got my HT-FPV quad level and pretty stable without touching the AcceBias settings.

Here is what I did:

1) Reset all settings in Openpilot GCS and on CC board.
2) Reconfigured my transmitter (Futaba 9c with DM8) and made sure to all settings were default.
3) Switch the throttle to reverse mode ("Futaba Only" Setting I believe)
4) Made sure all settings on transmitter were 100%/100%.
5) Re-set the ESCs for the Maximum and Minimum throttle settings, then re-binded the receiver with transmitter, according to DM8 Manual.
6) Set EXP mode to -20% on Pitch/Roll & Yaw (Futaba is -20, other transmitters would probably be +20)
7) Setup Openpilot, recalibrate the controller, once all values in Openpilot are set, than place Quad on level surface and hit the LEVEL button. Quad should be perfectly level in flightmode window.
8) In Stabilization panel I used the settings attached, thanks to Vantasstic
9) Fly quad

Mine is VERY VERY LEVEL NOW. A little left and right drifting, but that could be the wind.

Hope this helps
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Last edited by shdwkeeper; Jun 06, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:14 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2009
696 Posts
more HT-FPV plus CC3D testing...

CC3D FPV flight test 2 (2 min 20 sec)
juz70 is online now Find More Posts by juz70
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:20 PM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Awesome as usual, you have some metallic kahoona's there Juz.
What's the damage report?
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Last edited by flylite; Apr 17, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Are you stopping time? It's amazing how long you hold some of those maneuvers... oh I know, you've halted gravity!!!

Nice flying, although I think I was starting to get a little motion sickness

Paul
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS