HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:18 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,755 Posts
Im getting 9 mins easily with a 3s 3300mah and sunnysky 980kv motors I have about 30% left in lipos when I land
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:22 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen. View Post
Im getting 9 mins easily with a 3s 3300mah and sunnysky 980kv motors I have about 30% left in lipos when I land
Wow. How much do you weigh without batteries (and with)? What size props?
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:41 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron78 View Post
here is short vid of me discovering the joy of DJI stock motors with eprops on 4s! I really like this frame... it didn't work for me on 3s.. annoying yaw in wind and ff flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POxJ8mEqhwA

cheers,
Tron
Nice work! Mind if I link to your video on the hoverthings site? Which flight controller are you flying there? The flips scream CC, but desc says Naza! Very nice!
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:11 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
83 Posts
So i have been trying out a multiiwii FC on the HT-FPV frame.
Using simonk flashed esc, 1000kv ntms and 10" props

I have got it flying pretty good, but im strange getting wobbles from time to time.
Im not 100% happy with getting the PIDs dialed in.

Being an A-symmetrical fame does anyone have any advise on tuning the PIDs for roll/pitch so that i get it locked in?
Judar is offline Find More Posts by Judar
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:11 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
Which brand of multiwii? Some of the cheap china versions need a lot of filtering to work correctly... if it is a quadrino, make sure it is the latest.. the one before was recalled and had the wobble you describe. Also which firmware are you running? The latest?

The multiwii can be tough to tune at times.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
83 Posts
its a Crius MultiWii Standard Edition Flight Controller V1.0 SE
I have updated it from 2.0 to 2.1 through arduino
and the only things i have changed in the sketch are...

#define QUADX
#define MINTHROTTLE 1064 // special ESC (simonk)
and
#define CRIUS_SE // Crius MultiWii SE
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:24 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
83 Posts
this afternoon ill see if i can record some flight so i can show you what its doing.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:34 AM
Fly Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Central California USA
Joined Feb 2011
379 Posts
Hoverthings beggining build

Got the frame in today. The setup as shown without the powertrain has a perfect CG. The video battery will be smaller and a camera added. So far so good. The Gens ace is a 60 to 120 c 3s battery I drain it down to 10 volts with no puffing. Don't try that with a lower c battery. I feel deep emotions, sad, and happy tearing apart the gear from my old experimental frame.
PS; The last frame weigh up was 1641 g with gopro.
Total flight time max was 12 min before the Naza would drop it at second level.
Right now it weighs 1140g I think the flight time will be similar.
EarthOrbiter is offline Find More Posts by EarthOrbiter
Last edited by EarthOrbiter; Sep 12, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:15 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,349 Posts
For those in Canada we have more HT-FPV in stock as of yesterday (thanks Tom).
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
Go Pro only?

Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone has mounted a different camera on this frame. It looks like the Go Pro is the holy grail here, but I was curious if anyone had tried and how it's worked out for them.
Thanks
JJ
tamron is offline Find More Posts by tamron
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
I wouldn't call the GoPro a holy grail, but more of the default. If the GoPro didn't poop EM interference everywhere AND worked well in lower light, I'd consider that title.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:45 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
Hmmm I haven't had any problems with EM with my gopro... but low light yes. But the new gopro resolves that problem.

Maybe the noise problem is from powering the go pro from the flight battery... and it's actually line noise? I use the the gopro internal battery and a separate battery for video tx. Have had no problems at all.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:48 PM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Hmmm I haven't had any problems with EM with my gopro... but low light yes. But the new gopro resolves that problem.

Maybe the noise problem is from powering the go pro from the flight battery... and it's actually line noise? I use the the gopro internal battery and a separate battery for video tx. Have had no problems at all.
The interference issue seems to be with the Naza GPS. Haven`t heard of it interfering with other FC`s
nike25 is offline Find More Posts by nike25
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Correct, the Naza GPS near the GoPro (Hero 2) causes signal degradation. To be fair, other components do this as well, as the Naza GPS appears to be extremely sensitive to EM interference. Someone posted a youtube video with the same problem happening with it powered with the GoPro internal battery and no video out connections, otherwise that'd be my guess to Vic.

Moving the GPS to an arm and putting 3 (yes 3) ferrite rings on the wire seems to have resolved the issue. Before I had it right behind/above the GoPro, which is where the interference is the highest (someone with a spectrometer measured it).
Last edited by Exploding Fist; Sep 12, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
1,012 Posts
Guys i need some help.

I'm about ready to buy all the components to build a HT-FPV. This will be a traditional FPV setup with a gopro and fpv camera in the front. No aerobatics or sport flying. 5.8ghz video gear. I would like some advise on the motor / battery / prop setup.

Currently planning on buying the Sunny Sky 2212 980kv motors since they seem to be a popular quality motor. Please suggest a battery(how many S and what size) and props. Should i go with the 20A ESC or 30A version of SimonK flashed from rctimer? Thanks for the help
compuatic is offline Find More Posts by compuatic