HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:56 AM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
Does anyone have some pictures of the HT-FPV with landing gear installed? I remember seeing at least one pic before. I think I'll need to add some in order to meet my functionality needs. Good news for me is that I bought a set when getting the frame in case I decided to use them. I can't find documentation on how I'm supposed to mount them.
Here`s a couple!
nike25 is online now Find More Posts by nike25
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:31 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Interesting. Your gear looks different to what is shown on the site here: http://www.hoverthings.com/parts/ht-fpv/450gearbk.html

Was the design changed or something to make them more adjustable?

You've done something similar to what I'm considering doing. With the GoPro mounted I can't find a good spot to put the CCD camera. I'm looking to mount one below on a cheap gimble to look forward/down.

Can the landing gear take a beating like the frame, or will this be a weak spot now?
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Interesting. Your gear looks different to what is shown on the site here: http://www.hoverthings.com/parts/ht-fpv/450gearbk.html

probably missing this http://www.hoverthings.com/landhardwareset.html
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:57 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
No I have that. His picture has 3 holes for positioning the legs, where the one on the site has a slit.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:07 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
TheFlyingRookie had a decent shot with the gear. Looks like his had holes too I think.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=412
tamron is offline Find More Posts by tamron
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:11 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Come to think about it I'm not even sure what I have. I haven't opened the packaging yet the landing gear came in. Maybe Vic can provide some insight. I'm guessing he changed the design so you're not limited to 3 heights. Might also survive a hard landing better since it has room to give instead of break.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:27 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
This looks like an easy mod for landing gear, and is too cool!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dve3_fgEns...oto-717420.JPG
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Jan 2004
265 Posts
Quote:

You've done something similar to what I'm considering doing. With the GoPro mounted I can't find a good spot to put the CCD camera. I'm looking to mount one below on a cheap gimble to look forward/down.

Can the landing gear take a beating like the frame, or will this be a weak spot now?
I bought this landing gear originally as a spare set for my Hover Things 450. Might be a little different now. As to durability, fortunately I haven`t had any crashes or hard landings so I can`t tell and really don`t want to find out!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:55 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25 View Post
I bought this landing gear originally as a spare set for my Hover Things 450. Might be a little different now. As to durability, fortunately I haven`t had any crashes or hard landings so I can`t tell and really don`t want to find out!
Yea, that does look really sweet! I'd much rather have my fpv camera mounted like yours.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:00 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,480 Posts
It looks so much sexier without the landing gear!
blueprint is online now Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:02 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
It looks so much sexier without the landing gear!
I agree, and the low profile is always good for FPV. Functionality will probably prevail if this works well though. Being able to look down with the FPV camera is an important feature to me. It's good for hovering over an object of interest and just watching below, and it'll be very good for landing. Right now I don't lower my altitude while stationary in FPV. I don't like not knowing what is below me.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Jan 2004
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamron View Post
Yea, that does look really sweet! I'd much rather have my fpv camera mounted like yours.
I have yet to try the FPV. (Building up the courage!) However, the footage I`ve taken with the GoPro is Rock solid! You can`t tell from the photo but the GoPro mount is attached to the frame with a piece of "Align Gel" and a couple of tie straps. Absolutely no jello!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:17 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
Nice. Your giving me something to think about here. It would be nice to have that extra room below, I see you have your transmitter mounted under too. I've got a sonar unit sitting in a box and haven't been able to decide how to mount it. That would solve it.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:02 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
It opens up a lot of placement changes. Instead of on top I could mount the battery below and use the extra realestate for other stuff for example, like putting the FC where the CG actually is. For now, no further changes though. The top holds the batt in place quite well when tightened on it.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:07 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,939 Posts
Quote:
No I have that. His picture has 3 holes for positioning the legs, where the one on the site has a slit.
That is the old VC-450 landing gear. THe new landing gear has a slot so that it's more adjustable.
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner