HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:09 PM
"I want more air time!"
Joined May 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
Here's my latest video from my HT-FPV, this is after only replacing the FC after my 200ft + free fall, even the props are the same!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvHKGD1uDOY

Having some jello problems, I probably should have gone through the frame and tightened everything up.

Paul
Paul,
That was Excellent and I guess I need to put it up on the large screen to find the jello you were talking about.. didn't notice any.
Ken
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Float Fly 8 21 14
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:20 PM
"I want more air time!"
Joined May 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robstach View Post
Okay guys - I figured I'd post my first successful FPV flight ever. Fortunately I was able to do this with my HT-FPV frame.

It was a .5 mile round trip which for me is huge!

Sorry for the crap video but it was more of a trial run than anything else. It does not compare to some of the beautiful videos you guys have been posting but it's a start I put more effort into animating the intro than I did anything else. The footage is raw and there are some shakey moments but that was just my thumbs not listening to me! No post-production at all ..

Threw 2 random soundtracks in to eliminate the drone of the props.. etc.

Funny part is I never noticed the deer at 1:09 until I was reviewing the video on my PC. Cool!

Anyway :

https://vimeo.com/46859095
Doing Great! Nice open fields behind the house with deer. Done the same thing, did not notice the deer till I viewed the video on the screen. Now you have something to go find and Chase. But don't drop HT - FPV in the been field, pain in the arse to find
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Float Fly 8 21 14
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:54 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Thanks!! I bought the quad. I'll mount it with the gopro case for protection.
Here's what I would do. Get a GoPro tripod adapter. Drill a hole in the HT-FPV frame camera mount ledge. Screw the tripod adapter to the frame (top side of the camera mount flange) with a 1/4x20 (I believe) nylon screw. Mount the GoPro case to the tripod adapter. Now your camera is on the top side (better protection), you can easily tilt and lock it in for the desired viewing angle, you don't have to set your GoPro to 'invert' the image.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:55 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
I just got my NTM 750kv motors yesterday. Looks like I'll get them mounted tomorrow (and fix my 'no-video' problem I induced the last time I was messing around with the wiring in my HT-FPV frame. I'll be trying the new motors on 9" props on 4S.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:17 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalflight View Post
...But don't drop HT - FPV in the been field, pain in the arse to find
Bean field. We don't need to stink'n bean field. Can you help me find my HT-FPV frame? I know I set it down somewhere...but now I've LOST it!!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:27 PM
United States, PA, Bethlehem
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Doing Great! Nice open fields behind the house with deer. Done the same thing, did not notice the deer till I viewed the video on the screen. Now you have something to go find and Chase. But don't drop HT - FPV in the been field, pain in the arse to find
Thanks man! Yeah, I really don't need to go searching for anything back there. Hmmm. Maybe I'll turn my othe quad into a search and rescue quad for lost bean field quads!!

Yes , deer will be stalked!
robstach is offline Find More Posts by robstach
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Is anyone using the gopro protection case with there quad? I destroyed my gopro before when i ran it without it and im a little paranoid about breaking my new one.
Now that I've wrecked one lens I am using the layer lens protector from getfpv.com
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
Ha, you're far too kind... I just watched yours and it was awesome!

Fly at dusk, the best way to reduce jello

Paul
Why thank you! Gotta say that your video was top notch. Gives me a goal!

So true about dusk. I wait for it like a vampire!
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10Chief View Post
Also, the only thing I have to do, is remove the props when I'm packing it in the case. Back in June, I flew from Alaska to Oklahoma with it. I then put it in a rental car and drove to Charleston and flew it at various places along the way. I do a lot of traveling and wanted to take my quad with me. I have several Pelican cases for various thing. This is by far, the biggest one I have. I am 220 pounds and can stand on it without hurting my quadcopter.
Thanks. Good news is that I have 2 1620s! The perspective in your picture made it look less deep than the 1620 is I'm reality. Was throwing me off!

I used one of my 1620s for video gear back in the day. Looks like I'll be ordering a new set of foam ASAP! You're right. Those things are indestructible!

I have a hot wire foam cutter that I've done loads of gun cases with. The pluck foam annoys me but works well enough.

Thanks for the clarification!
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Bean field. We don't need to stink'n bean field. Can you help me find my HT-FPV frame? I know I set it down somewhere...but now I've LOST it!!!!!
Is there a reward?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:24 PM
Crashing is my thing.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
1,637 Posts
Some more flying with the HT-FPV. Still trying to figure out the jello problem...
Quadcopter 4th Vid (8 min 10 sec)
MayMayDay is online now Find More Posts by MayMayDay
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:27 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robstach View Post
Is there a reward?
Nope, I found it...right under the pile of junk. Hey...aren't you supposed to be on vacation??????
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Does anyone know how to reset the calibration on an ESC. 3 of 4 of my ESC's are good but one doesn't power on untill almost have throttle.
AAzerosix is offline Find More Posts by AAzerosix
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:18 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Paul,
That was Excellent and I guess I need to put it up on the large screen to find the jello you were talking about.. didn't notice any.
Ken
Thanks Ken, glad you liked it but I can't believe you didn't see all the jello, especially in the beginning when the sun was up.

Thanks though!
Paul
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:01 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,460 Posts
Anybody have a HT Power distribution board available?
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint