HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:40 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Ok, you are not the first to say that with those motors. Strange thing is I have flown those motors with 8x4.5 and 9x4.7 and they did not get hot, only warm? I am flying 2200, are you flying a bigger pack?

I will try again tomorrow to be sure.
Tom,

Slightly larger packs (alternating 2600 / 3300). That said, I've put those motors back on the 450 I recently rebuilt and will be using NTM's on the HT-FPV along with some upgraded ESC's. I see in some recent posts there are some possible solutions (moving back the CG) and another process for frame assembly to resolve the warping issue. I'm hoping to see much better results after the rebuild.
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:50 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Tom,

I'm new to this thread, but I thought I saw you post something a couple weeks ago about pitch and roll gains should be different on the naza for this frame, or something like that, but I can't find it now. Not even sure if it was this thread or another.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:59 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
ROTFLMAO!!!! The vibrations were horrible. The camera falling off wasn't spectacular, but watching the quad landing on top of the camera...PRICELESS~!!!!
I was under the impression that with a little sorbothane I wouldn't have to worry about tuning or balancing.
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:35 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
I'm looking for suggestions on what might be a decent FC for this frame. I've moved my Naza back to my 450 and thought I would try something different. I'm waiting for the new generaltion OP board along with many others, but was wondering what else is out there that might work well with the HT-FPV.

Thanks!
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Feb 2011
653 Posts
I have the Quadrino MultiWii on my HT-FPV and it flys very well. I have the latest v2.1 firmware loaded and using the default settings, with just a minor adjustment to yaw. The description of the board is here along with links to sources: http://www.flyingeinstein.com/
jpsabo is online now Find More Posts by jpsabo
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddie View Post
I'm looking for suggestions on what might be a decent FC for this frame. I've moved my Naza back to my 450 and thought I would try something different. I'm waiting for the new generaltion OP board along with many others, but was wondering what else is out there that might work well with the HT-FPV.

Thanks!
I've used both the CC and Naza on my HT-FPV frame. At first I wasn't real pleased with the Naza...mostly because I needed to do so many 'manipulations' using my Tx settings because of the oh-so-few user adjustments in then Naza. The CC worked great and smooth. After flying both though, for FPV purposes I think the Naza is better. The Naza IS NOT a sports board. It really excels at smooth, gentle flight...like what most would be doing for FPV purposes. The addition of the Naza GPS allows for position hold and RTH should you outfly your video/tx range.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:28 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
I've used both the CC and Naza on my HT-FPV frame. At first I wasn't real pleased with the Naza...mostly because I needed to do so many 'manipulations' using my Tx settings because of the oh-so-few user adjustments in then Naza. The CC worked great and smooth. After flying both though, for FPV purposes I think the Naza is better. The Naza IS NOT a sports board. It really excels at smooth, gentle flight...like what most would be doing for FPV purposes. The addition of the Naza GPS allows for position hold and RTH should you outfly your video/tx range.
Completely and totally agree
AlanFlorida is online now Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,670 Posts
Quote:
ROTFLMAO!!!! The vibrations were horrible. The camera falling off wasn't spectacular, but watching the quad landing on top of the camera...PRICELESS~!!!!
GREAT Video
scrape is offline Find More Posts by scrape
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:15 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
Not exactly what I had hoped for...

http://youtu.be/Ra9LQpm3oG4
The cinematography was EXCELLENT, you couldn't have planned that even if you had tried, nice!
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:48 PM
32 ft/sec^2 sucks
Joined Nov 2006
174 Posts
Classic!
yoadrian is offline Find More Posts by yoadrian
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
32 ft/sec^2 sucks
Joined Nov 2006
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robstach View Post
That sounds like a very odd problem. Never had any issues like that with either of mine. I'd slap it back on to the assistant software and calibrate.
Latest firmware I assume.
So I messed with it some of the weekend. It had a twich when in hover every couple of seconds. Also went through the calibration again still same issues. Dropped the yaw gain setting on the Naza to 100%, still twiching. Yanked all the NTM Motors off and replaced with DJI motors. Fired right it up, all motors same rpm and no twitching. I like the little NTM motors because you can put gemfan props on them. I'm not a big fan of graupners (I don't think they are as efficient) I get less flying time out of them. It's not an option to run the DJI props IMO. So when is Gemfan going to make some props that fit the DJI motors?
yoadrian is offline Find More Posts by yoadrian
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:20 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoadrian View Post
So I messed with it some of the weekend. It had a twich when in hover every couple of seconds. Also went through the calibration again still same issues. Dropped the yaw gain setting on the Naza to 100%, still twiching. Yanked all the NTM Motors off and replaced with DJI motors. Fired right it up, all motors same rpm and no twitching. I like the little NTM motors because you can put gemfan props on them. I'm not a big fan of graupners (I don't think they are as efficient) I get less flying time out of them. It's not an option to run the DJI props IMO. So when is Gemfan going to make some props that fit the DJI motors?
I am having this same twitching issue. I have switched out my motors and it didn't fix it. I never had this issue when I had the Naza on my VC-450. I don't think it is a tuning oscillation problem, because it happens no matter where the gains are set. Only thing I can think of is the ESCs are not wokring right. I have ordered some Mystery Blue 30amps to flash with SimonK code.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:10 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
Possible that the timing is not right.. and the extra weight of the FPV frame with FPV gear is causing the motor to skip or miss timing?
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:12 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
I have a couple new boards to test on the HT-FPV... will post info after I build it up and fly.

BTW, I found on my naza that increasing attitude gain actually increased the roll response. 180% was VERY snappy, like manual mode, evfen too much... I backed down to like 130%.. What I am thinking here is knock up the attitude gain, and then add expo. This would make manual mode and ATTI mode feel the same!

Have not had a chance to try it yet.
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:21 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Possible that the timing is not right.. and the extra weight of the FPV frame with FPV gear is causing the motor to skip or miss timing?
The ESCs I have on there are programmable with a card. I have them all set to medium timing. I probably need to go back an recheck that I set them right and I could try the other settings to see if it helps.