HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:34 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
I like them but they don't work well with 4s batteries. I was having timing misses with the escs causing a squeeling crash. Going back to 3s no problems at all!
Hmm...I mean what would be the advantage of 4s over 3s in this case? I know that the 4s give you a little more oomph right?
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:57 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
Hmm...I mean what would be the advantage of 4s over 3s in this case? I know that the 4s give you a little more oomph right?
4S is more effecient than 3S...less amps required for the same power output. The high cell count also, usually, means need of lower kv motors and/or props.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
4S is more effecient than 3S...less amps required for the same power output. The high cell count also, usually, means need of lower kv motors and/or props.
Thanks!! Yeah my current motors work just fine...but the front right motor keeps throwing the prop with the collet off...i cannot get it to stay and i figure this is a good excuse to try some new motors!!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, FL, Miami-Dade
Joined Jan 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keddy View Post
I'm very new to multi rotors, so I don't know the do's and don'ts.

How does my wiring look?

How does my wiring look?
I would suggest a power distribution board for a clean look
The naza controller is in the right location but I would put it on the second floor, I would leave the 1st floor for wiring and the second for electronics, the naza is so stable that you won't crash unless you have some sort of failure.
Estuardo
Estuardon is offline Find More Posts by Estuardon
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:21 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estuardon View Post
I would suggest a power distribution board for a clean look
i find disto boards to look more messy and just 1 more place where a solder joint can fail.

Quote:
The naza controller is in the right location but I would put it on the second floor,
agreed

Quote:
the naza is so stable that you won't crash unless you have some sort of failure.
Or if you actually fly it hard.... naza will hover well and perhaps you wont crash, but if you fly FPV long distances and low alt you will crash.

good news is. the HT-FPV is very durable
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:21 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
Quote:
Question about motors for this frame...so the motors i have right now are ok...but ive been eyeballing those NTM 1200 kv motors....

What are peoples take on these for this frame?
NTM 1200kv are not playing nice with SimonK flashed F-20 or F-30 esc for me. On 3s I have severe timing issues. When Yawing I get 1 or more motors stalling and unless i am a bit up its difficult to recover. Switching to wii esc fixes the timing issue, but it just doesn't perform well enough for me to use the wii esc and NTM combo.

From reading, it seems like a hit or miss type issue. Some people run them without issue on flashed escs and others like me are having timing issues.
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_P View Post
NTM 1200kv are not playing nice with SimonK flashed F-20 or F-30 esc for me. On 3s I have severe timing issues. When Yawing I get 1 or more motors stalling and unless i am a bit up its difficult to recover. Switching to wii esc fixes the timing issue, but it just doesn't perform well enough for me to use the wii esc and NTM combo.

From reading, it seems like a hit or miss type issue. Some people run them without issue on flashed escs and others like me are having timing issues.
Thanks for that...I will probably eventually move to some flashed esc's...but for now the ones i have work just fine...But it looks like i will need to do some research on what other motors are out there.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:01 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that...I will probably eventually move to some flashed esc's...but for now the ones i have work just fine...But it looks like i will need to do some research on what other motors are out there.
I have used Suppo 2212-11 1200kvs with SimonK firmware escs with success. They are a peppy little motor that has power comparable to NTM 1200KVs.
http://www.blueskyrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=38
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
32 ft/sec^2 sucks
Joined Nov 2006
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
Here's my HT-FPV frame after replacing the dead HFPro flight controller from my disastrous sunset flight

Thanks to Adidas, he got an old HFPro board for cheap with a non working OSD. Which is fine with me as long as it flies! I love how smooth they fly. But since the green boards are a different layout from my black board I could no longer use that big red protective case. So I used the OEM protective cover that came with the HT FPV kit. There weren't any holes where I wanted the board so I used the cover and dropped the board from that

NTM 1200Kv Motors
9x4.7 APC Props
Turnigy Plush 25amp ESCs
Hoverfly Pro v1 Green board with non-functional OSD
EzUHF Rx with Sander style antennas
EzOSD with GPS, RSSI
3000Mah Turnigy 3s nano Flight Battery
370Mah Turnigy 3s nano VTX battery
300Mw 1280MHz VTx
RMRC 600XV CCD FPV Camera
Frankenquad Landing gear (awesome)
HT-FPV frame, found a crack in the go pro plate but still seems sturdy enough. Not bad for a 200ft + free fall! Same APC props too!

1505g AUW - WOOHOO... that's about as light as I've ever had in an FPV quad since my Gaui 330x days!
Hey Heli, did you ever figure out why your osd stopped sending distance and then alt?
yoadrian is offline Find More Posts by yoadrian
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoadrian View Post
Hey Heli, did you ever figure out why your osd stopped sending distance and then alt?
Yeah, turns out it was an incompatibility with the camera and the blinking text. I hadn't changed the default alarms so when the text started blinking I guess that isn't compatible with the 600tvl cameras and it disappears! So if I want to keep using the camera I just need to set the OSD limits to something I would never even come close too. Or get another camera! hehe... Pixim cameras were recommended to me by the EZOSD guys.

Paul
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidins15 View Post
i was bored and analysing the video again to see what went wrong

i noticed that as the quad crashed upside down into the cow crap, the propellers were still spinning. Milliseconds before impact, the props have hit the crap and sprayed it up in the air. Now we all know what it looks like when the "shite hit's the fan" :d

lol
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:36 PM
Canada, ON, St. Catharines
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
Oh no, where did my battery go?

Keddy is offline Find More Posts by Keddy
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
32 ft/sec^2 sucks
Joined Nov 2006
171 Posts
Looks like a stick of C4
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
32 ft/sec^2 sucks
Joined Nov 2006
171 Posts
Has anyone had to flash their naza esc's? Mine start out a little jerky and I have to egg them on a little to get everything to spin up right. One time one motor was going backwards a little, so I disconnected everything and reconnected the battery. I used the naza esc's so that it would all be compatible with the naza controller and wouldn't have any turnigy issues.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
United States, PA, Bethlehem
Joined May 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoadrian View Post
Has anyone had to flash their naza esc's? Mine start out a little jerky and I have to egg them on a little to get everything to spin up right. One time one motor was going backwards a little, so I disconnected everything and reconnected the battery. I used the naza esc's so that it would all be compatible with the naza controller and wouldn't have any turnigy issues.
That sounds like a very odd problem. Never had any issues like that with either of mine. I'd slap it back on to the assistant software and calibrate.
Latest firmware I assume.
robstach is offline Find More Posts by robstach