Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:39 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrange View Post
Hi Titus

I notice your running your quad without a Gopro or similar camera upfront. Would you mind letting me know how you balance it.

I have just set mine up and until funds allow I will run it without a Gopro but with a 4s 3300 in the back its completely out of balance. I will need to use some kind of balast and just wondering what you use.

Cheers

Peter
Hopefully soon I'll have a GoPro to put on it, but to answer your question I balance the quad with the main battery (3S @ 3300) I just slide it as far back as I need to get the balance and since I have a smaller battery powering the FPV gear directly behind the board camera it works out ok for now...

Regards

---

my blog | http://fpv.techenthusiast.info
Titus Gordon is online now Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Coventry
Joined Feb 2008
26 Posts
Titus

Thanks for the reply. My 4s is pushed forward as far as I can get it and it's still tail heavy

Think I will have to add a weight to the front to add more ballast.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
Hopefully soon I'll have a GoPro to put on it, but to answer your question I balance the quad with the main battery (3S @ 3300) I just slide it as far back as I need to get the balance and since I have a smaller battery powering the FPV gear directly behind the board camera it works out ok for now...

Regards

---

my blog | http://fpv.techenthusiast.info
pgrange is offline Find More Posts by pgrange
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:43 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,398 Posts
Quote:
Titus

Thanks for the reply. My 4s is pushed forward as far as I can get it and it's still tail heavy

Peter
Have someone wiegh the same gopro you intend to use, if the true specs arent online allready, and use some of the adhesive break-off wieghts you can buy, setting it up in advance to be ready for the go pro will save you re-doing it later on
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:34 AM
Joined Feb 2008
26 Posts
Great Idea

Irun4fundotca

That is an excellent idea. Thanks very much.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
Have someone wiegh the same gopro you intend to use, if the true specs arent online allready, and use some of the adhesive break-off wieghts you can buy, setting it up in advance to be ready for the go pro will save you re-doing it later on
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:50 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,398 Posts
I used my go pro case too for winter flight ,but once summer somes my vtx pack fits behind the go pro to compensate the loss of the cases wieght
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:58 PM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Titus

Peter
Oh yeah, it's designed for a gopro up front. Another option is to install HT-450 landing gear, and mount the battery on the bottom, under the center plate. This way it should balance with no camera. Another option, I could make you a plate to mount the battery on top... a protector plate with some slots in it.
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:47 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,398 Posts
I have a top plate also on the bottom of mine
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:31 PM
Joined Feb 2008
26 Posts
Vic20

Thanks for the reply.

I did install heli landing gear with the intention of mounting my battery below but I felt it detracted somewhat from your deign, which is what drew me to the HT-FPV in the first instance.

A top plate which enables the battery to be placed further forward is a great idea for people wanting to fly the quad without a Gopro.

As this is only a temporary fix for me until I get the Gopro I have decided to add ballast up front for the time being. I managed to scrounge some square washer plates which I will zip tie underneath the front plate.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Oh yeah, it's designed for a gopro up front. Another option is to install HT-450 landing gear, and mount the battery on the bottom, under the center plate. This way it should balance with no camera. Another option, I could make you a plate to mount the battery on top... a protector plate with some slots in it.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:55 PM
Canada, ON, St. Catharines
Joined Jul 2012
178 Posts
When I was running this frame with a 4 cell I had to cut the top plate to get the battery father forward.

Ps, this frame is for sale. Pm me if interested. Spares included.

Keddy is offline Find More Posts by Keddy
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:22 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2012
264 Posts
Hi Guys, what do you recommend or have experience with the best prop and battery combo for Tiger 900kv motors. Would love to know some details of other setups using these motors. Trying to get the best flight times as what I am getting right now is only around 6min
leemann is online now Find More Posts by leemann
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:40 PM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
need advice .im been flying ht fpv frame with dji naza ,30 amp dji escs, 4- tmotors MS2212-13 kv 980, APC 9x4.7 props.on a 3 cell 2200 lipo.. my quad loaded with cameras and fpv gear weighs in at 2.13 lbs. i dont have enough power or fly time( about 4.5 minutes). should i try to buy diff motors and go 4cell? our what.. Thanks guys
jcooksey is offline Find More Posts by jcooksey
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:59 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooksey View Post
need advice .im been flying ht fpv frame with dji naza ,30 amp dji escs, 4- tmotors MS2212-13 kv 980, APC 9x4.7 props.on a 3 cell 2200 lipo.. my quad loaded with cameras and fpv gear weighs in at 2.13 lbs. i dont have enough power or fly time( about 4.5 minutes). should i try to buy diff motors and go 4cell? our what.. Thanks guys
damn I don't even have a GoPro yet and mine weighs in at ~2.8 lbs... I'm getting 6+ minutes using 3300 3S, 9x4.7 props on NTM 28-26 1200 kv's

---
my blog: http://fpv.techenthusiast.info
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:10 PM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
Is that with your battery? The weight ?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:46 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,186 Posts
yeah full flying weight without a gopro... 370 mah 3s battery for fpv gear and 3300 3S main battery

---
my blog: http://fpv.techenthusiast.info
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:36 PM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361244839.256159.jpg
Views: 101
Size: 71.8 KB
Description: . I'm not sure if i should go with 4 cell or not. Maybe a bigger ma lipo like you might help. I just bought these darn motors at 35 apiece ......and I don't think they will take 4 cell.