HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:43 PM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Sep 2012
124 Posts
My FPV Setup. I Might list whole package in the classifieds tonight or this weekend
Maseo54 is offline Find More Posts by Maseo54
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:26 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,217 Posts
All ready for 2013! All systems check out and I'm hoping tomorrow I can do some FPV flying!

HT-FPV frame
Crius AIO Pro 1.0 Flight Controller flashed with Megapirate NG 2.7 R4
Crius CN-06 v2.0 GPS unit
Skywalker Quattro 20Ax4
FrSky D8R-II+
FrSky Telemetry Hub
FrSky FLVS Lipo Voltage Sensor
4x NTM Propdrive 28-26 1200 kv motors, with 9″ gemfans
3DR Telemetry Radio
HC-SR04 Sonar Unit
3300 mah 3S LiPo battery

FPV Gear:
ImmersionRC 600 mw 5.8 Ghz Tx, with bluebeam whip antennas
600TVL SONY SUPER HAD CCD D-WDR
370 mah 3S LiPo battery

Stock Turnigy 9x Radio with FrSky DJT Telemetry module & FrSky FLD-02 Telemetry Screen.

Laptop running APM Planner with 3DR Radio for live telemetry and parameter tuning.

http://fpv.techenthusiast.info
Titus Gordon is online now Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Last edited by Titus Gordon; Feb 08, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:09 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Finally Built my FLIP

Here are some photos of my newly built FLIP. I have an HT-FPV frame but I wanted a sure fire no signal loss quad(my HTFPV has ImmersionRC full setup with osd and all but it runs on 5.8ghz and video is cruddy.) so on the flip I installed a 900mhz tx/rx and a 1.3ghz vtx/vrx setup. Naza, OPTO 30A esc's, FM4008 Pancakes with 10" graupners. Gonna run 4s 3800's or 5000's.
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:43 PM
BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REPEAT.
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2012
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
Here are some photos of my newly built FLIP. I have an HT-FPV frame but I wanted a sure fire no signal loss quad(my HTFPV has ImmersionRC full setup with osd and all but it runs on 5.8ghz and video is cruddy.) so on the flip I installed a 900mhz tx/rx and a 1.3ghz vtx/vrx setup. Naza, OPTO 30A esc's, FM4008 Pancakes with 10" graupners. Gonna run 4s 3800's or 5000's.
Do you get good video reception w/ the 4 lobe on the vTx? I bought the same antennas, (2x 4lobe) and, it's garbage when two 4's are paired (in my experience). How is it working for you?
p0st4L is offline Find More Posts by p0st4L
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:40 AM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0st4L View Post
Do you get good video reception w/ the 4 lobe on the vTx? I bought the same antennas, (2x 4lobe) and, it's garbage when two 4's are paired (in my experience). How is it working for you?
I just put it together last night so I'm not sure yet. I had the vtx on another quad but I just had the whip antenna which worked well with a standard rx patch antenna. I'm going to take it out today and do some test flights and if it flys well enough I'm going to take it to do some dx tests with a with a crosshair rx antenna that I bought and haven't used yet.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:52 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
I just put it together last night so I'm not sure yet. I had the vtx on another quad but I just had the whip antenna which worked well with a standard rx patch antenna. I'm going to take it out today and do some test flights and if it flys well enough I'm going to take it to do some dx tests with a with a crosshair rx antenna that I bought and haven't used yet.
i have great range on with my 5.8 immersion, 1 mile, but i only go 2,500' as i am to chicken to goo further. mine really improved when i put the antenna on a mast.
yosemitez is online now Find More Posts by yosemitez
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:24 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Thanks man,
I'll eventually do that but I need a coax extension to do it or I'm rewiring my whole rig as I have the osd and voltage sensor installed too which limit my modification options right now.

I got to fly the FLIP today and it was great! Nice and compact, fast, responsive, stable and I haven't put a clock on it but it seems to be getting good flight times too! Didn't go to the field to test the range but as far as general flight goes I'm very impressed.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:24 PM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Sep 2012
124 Posts
Do you guys prefer graupner props or carbon fiber for the frame?
Maseo54 is offline Find More Posts by Maseo54
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:24 AM
The Netherlands
Joined May 2012
575 Posts
Ok I decided to change my setup on my HT-FPV. I went for 1300kv HP2812 motors and 4S, because the NTM's didn't really run smooth on 4S. I have to say my HT-FPV never flew this good and that's just because of the power I have now. These motors can easily handle the power from 4S on 8' props.

RCtimer HP2812 1300kv motor on 4S (3 min 55 sec)
Boris B is offline Find More Posts by Boris B
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:00 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbungel View Post
Ok I decided to change my setup on my HT-FPV. I went for 1300kv HP2812 motors and 4S, because the NTM's didn't really run smooth on 4S. I have to say my HT-FPV never flew this good and that's just because of the power I have now. These motors can easily handle the power from 4S on 8' props.
You might want to check this out http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...07&postcount=1

might give cause to keep an eye on them for a bit,just in case its not an isolated incident.

From your awesome video they look like they work well for the price.

I have been trying to figure what to use if I updrade the motors sometime
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:29 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,192 Posts
dang Chinese New Year...
FLIP-FPV waiting for electronics
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:40 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,217 Posts
It still works after I buried it in a snow bank!

Titus Gordon is online now Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:09 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbungel View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw9hwqAZM1w
Nice vid. I tried som Exceed Rocket 1300kv motors on 3S with 8" props and (for a quad) was pulling high 50/low 60A range total. Power was great, batteries were hot. I figured that was just to hot of a setup for what I had it in...just sold the motors for lower kv ones. Did you check your amp draw with those on 4S?
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:39 AM
The Netherlands
Joined May 2012
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
You might want to check this out http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...07&postcount=1

might give cause to keep an eye on them for a bit,just in case its not an isolated incident.

From your awesome video they look like they work well for the price.

I have been trying to figure what to use if I updrade the motors sometime
I once had the same with 2 out of 4 brand new keda A20-28 motors. This is obviously an incident and it can happen to any motor. I already had like 30 flights with these motors on my other quad on 3S and never had any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Nice vid. I tried som Exceed Rocket 1300kv motors on 3S with 8" props and (for a quad) was pulling high 50/low 60A range total. Power was great, batteries were hot. I figured that was just to hot of a setup for what I had it in...just sold the motors for lower kv ones. Did you check your amp draw with those on 4S?
I didn't measure the draw, but I know it might be very high, cause this flight actually only took 6min30sec and I had to land few meters earlier then I wanted. I get 10-12minutes on my iconic-x with this same 2650mAh lipo on MT2216 tigers which is much heavier, but also runs bigger props.
Yeah totally agree that lower kv motors should definatelly run more efficient. It just happened I had these from my previous setup and those NTM's I used were not smooth enough on 4S.
I eventually actually liked the power I got on 8inch props . Never had it like this on small props.
I also posted this vid, cause there are not so much reviews of these motors except of the one negative one mentioned above. Just wanted to show how smooth these motors actually are.
Boris B is offline Find More Posts by Boris B
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:09 PM
United Kingdom, England, Coventry
Joined Feb 2008
26 Posts
Balance

Hi Titus

I notice your running your quad without a Gopro or similar camera upfront. Would you mind letting me know how you balance it.

I have just set mine up and until funds allow I will run it without a Gopro but with a 4s 3300 in the back its completely out of balance. I will need to use some kind of balast and just wondering what you use.

Cheers

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
It still works after I buried it in a snow bank!

pgrange is offline Find More Posts by pgrange